Condo in Bangkok with proper gym

KinKinReowReow

Happy New Years!

I am looking for a condo with rental units in Central Bangkok (Suk/Sathorn/Silom) with a proper gym.

Proper in the sense it got bar bells, squat rack, pull-up station, dumbbells over 20kg etc. 

A good example would be the Waterford Diamond in Suk 30/1, but preferably a condo slightly newer. 

Anyone got any suggestions or recommendations? 

Thank you in advance

honestly, you are far better off just getting a gym membership for a proper gym. 

the only condo I would recommend is Ascott Sathorn. It is a serviced apartment with a high quality gym and a lot newer and nicer than Waterford (if you can afford it). 

Again, I'd say getting a nice condo + a nice gym is a lot easier than getting a nice condo with a nice gym

On 1/4/2022 at 11:59 AM, ThailandRyan said:

If you can afford it check out the River near Icon Siam, has a few very good gyms and a few pools as well on the property.

I live there.  The pools are awesome and the cardio gear is first rate but the weight room is tiny and I would hesitate to even call it a gym.  The River was built  just before “proper gym” and a few other amenities became popular.  I go to Fitness First  Icon Siam for weights and it’s OK, 10 minutes walk, but even that is not a weightlifting gym.

I haven’t been there but Magnolias might have a better gym in this area.  I love the neighborhood but it’s not exactly central, takes me about half an hour to get to Asoke by BTS and we have the fastest boat to the pier.

For a “proper gym” I would look at high end new construction stuff built after 2015.  And some older places have much better sports facilities (tennis etc) but that’s not what OP asked for.

However I would note that when gyms closed down so did condo fitness rooms. Unfortunately I expect the same will happen in the imminent freak out about Omicron, and if the General says shut it your building management will ask how fast.

On 1/4/2022 at 11:59 AM, ThailandRyan said:

If you can afford it check out the River near Icon Siam, has a few very good gyms and a few pools as well on the property.

Thank you for the suggestion. I do love a good river view, but I am more looking for something on the Bangkok side of the river. 

On 1/4/2022 at 3:30 PM, Metapod said:

honestly, you are far better off just getting a gym membership for a proper gym. 

the only condo I would recommend is Ascott Sathorn. It is a serviced apartment with a high quality gym and a lot newer and nicer than Waterford (if you can afford it). 

Again, I'd say getting a nice condo + a nice gym is a lot easier than getting a nice condo with a nice gym

A good suggestion. I actually had a viewing there and the gym is exactly what I was looking for. 
Rooms and furniture however, were a bit too outdated, especially considering the asking price. 

I seem to recall the Narathiwas apartments having a very high quality gym when I stayed there about 8 years ago. I only rented a studio at the time though and wasn't a huge fan of the apartments themselves, the 1 and 2br might have been more premium though. The pools and gym were first class. 

• 1 year later...

Also interested is there some modern condo in central locations with proper gym. I know a few condos in Manila, Philippines that have and wondering why it's such a big problem in Bangkok, squat rack and some dumbbells is not rocket science. 

On 10/27/2023 at 10:19 AM, Terek said:

Also interested is there some modern condo in central locations with proper gym. I know a few condos in Manila, Philippines that have and wondering why it's such a big problem in Bangkok, squat rack and some dumbbells is not rocket science. 

cost cutting most likely, or just a token room to say they have a gym.

i viewed a place bordering lumphini park, nice area. the "gym" was only big enough for one dude. when i viewed with the real estate agent he said "the gym is kind of small". there was a guy in there when we walked by who stared at us. we did not even go in, just looked through the window 🤣.