Air force seeks eight F35 fighter jets at a time when Thailand’s defence budget is at a low ebb

webfact

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I am surprised the Chinese didn't offer them for free, for some concessions.....

I think they are getting great bargains by just offering Belt and Roads to countries so they dont need to actually sell nothing ????

58 minutes ago, malathione said:

Good luck with that. Better kiss your relationship with China goodbye before you put in your request. No way you can continue to buy Chinese equipment and state of the art American equipment. Look at the issues with the U.A.E. deal, for instance. I do understand the need to maintain air superiority over the Laotians though. Commies! Kidding, of course.

...nothing like 'over-kill'....elephant stamping on a peanut.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In a week when the Royal Thai Air Force put forward its plans to purchase eight F35 fighter jets from the US, the question must be asked, what is Thailand’s defence strategy and against whom will it be defending itself against?

Boys love their toys.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tandor said:
9 minutes ago, rwill said:

A10's are probably better for crowd control.

do they have wider muzzles to spray the infidels?

GAU-8/A cannon fires up to 70 rounds/second of 30MM shells.

• Thanks 1

It amazes me every time I go visit family in Korat.  The military jets are flying around all day. In what seems every day. The cost of this is just a waste of money. I would think once a week would be more then enough. 

• Like 2