Pub-like Eateries to Be Closed at Level 4 COVID Alert

snoop1130

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Australia just locked up Novak djokovich for not declaring his vaccination status even though he has a legal exemption and has had  Covid-19’ , so natural immunity is now against mandates 

Apparently free to leave the country at any time......

I do not see why he should be made an exception.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Most real restaurants have better spacing than these so called pub, restaurants. As well in most restaurants

the people stay seated at their places, and do not chat with a bunch of strangers, speaking loudly to be

heard, or spit whilst speaking as some do when they get drunk.  I do not mind to hear of the fake places

being shut down to help prevent the spread of this highly contagious Omicron variant of COVID 19.

Here in Canada, there are worker shortages all over the place, including the police, fire, EMS and health workers

and it is a huge problem. People who are sick with COVID are not allowed to go to work in most jobs where they

are with other people.   Omicron may not kill as many people as the Delta variant, but it is still strong enough to

put a lot of people into hospitals, and with hospitals being under staff, the problem is serious.  Some posters seem to think

that because Omicron is not killing as many people, it is not to be taken serious.  you are wrong.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/6/2022 at 7:38 PM, billd766 said:

Which is the same environment, with or without alcoholic drinks.

Not really.

You don't sit there for 6 hours drinking soft drinks and eating food, do you?

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I am still waiting for the pub eateries to be closed. 

I expect them to just tell them they can only serve food, not booze.

Then most of them will close themselves again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Lateral flow test, I think it’s called as RT PCR can bring up false positives for just  normal flue, and are not reliable they have suddenly discovered 

PCR tests have been known for a long time to be over sensitive, especially if used for screening if someone is infectious. It’s due to the fact that the PCR amplifies the sample and therefore can pick up minute traces of the virus possibly from an infection several weeks before. In Europe, they normally use a maximum CT (amplification) of 32. However in Thailand they use a minimum of 40 and upon checking my test and go paperwork, they actually ran one of my samples at a CT of 45. This possibly accounting for the number of people that have tested negative before departure but positive upon arrival in Thailand?

it is generally accepted these days that if they have to increase the CT of the PCR to above 28 in order to get a positive result, whilst you still have traces of the virus in your body, you are no longer considered infectious. 

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 5:54 PM, calbts2 said:

First - where is the scientific evidence that alcohol consumption is a main factor of outbreaks? 

Complete utter rubbish.

Next - is this tool going to pay all of these businesses he wants to shut down out of his vast fortune?

Feel so sad that the Thai people have to put up with this inept, ineffective, and economy destroying leadership.

Since 2014 it has been a slow slide downward and I don't even think we have hit rock bottom yet economically.

Another thing to ponder. When this unelected soldier stole the country in 2014, the Thai Bt was about 50Bt to the GBP, so don't tell me these soldiers have not been manipulating the Thai baht in some way, probably to suit their own financial requirements.

On 1/7/2022 at 8:04 AM, Danderman123 said:

No. Closing the bars won't end the epidemic. But, it's clear that the virus spreads rapidly in bars. Do you disagree? 

Yes, I disagree that alcohol has anything to do with that. I fly a lot business related and social distancing is enforced in check-in areas, almost at gun point. 30 minutes later we're all sardines into tight seats as the little virus does apparently not use airplanes?

It is about scaring the "*ç% out of people; fear was, is and will always be misused for power. Julius Ceasar knew it, so did the Spanish Inquisition, Napoleon, Hitler's Göring, Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Kim Il Sung, Mugabe or Pol Pot. On a wider scale you have to fan things like a coronaphobia; less work, paid by tax payer and making some pr1cks rich beyond anyone's imagination. 

But yes, just believe in the bar story where selling booze is not allowed whereas next door in any eatery drinks are served. MacDonalds-aGoGo is in the making to circumvent also this silly idea of destruction of SME business ....... the operators suffers likewise with the boys-in-brown as there are no envelopes moving across over or under the table ........ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

He was given an exemption and he wouldn’t have been allowed on the plane if he did not have it.  By not allowing him in with the same exemption that others have used without issue is making an exception of him.  

Should be same rules for all ....chuck all of them out then... Oz is entitled to make it's own terms. Proof of Vaccination is stated as required. If the airline allowed him to fly, outside the control of Oz government, They should have flown him back out.

Prima donna!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sydebolle said:

Yes, I disagree that alcohol has anything to do with that. I fly a lot business related and social distancing is enforced in check-in areas, almost at gun point. 30 minutes later we're all sardines into tight seats as the little virus does apparently not use airplanes?

It is about scaring the "*ç% out of people; fear was, is and will always be misused for power. Julius Ceasar knew it, so did the Spanish Inquisition, Napoleon, Hitler's Göring, Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Kim Il Sung, Mugabe or Pol Pot. On a wider scale you have to fan things like a coronaphobia; less work, paid by tax payer and making some pr1cks rich beyond anyone's imagination. 

But yes, just believe in the bar story where selling booze is not allowed whereas next door in any eatery drinks are served. MacDonalds-aGoGo is in the making to circumvent also this silly idea of destruction of SME business ....... the operators suffers likewise with the boys-in-brown as there are no envelopes moving across over or under the table ........ 

Of 30 ladies I know who work bar, 25 have tested positive for Covid in the last 10 days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trip Hop said:

PCR tests have been known for a long time to be over sensitive, especially if used for screening if someone is infectious. It’s due to the fact that the PCR amplifies the sample and therefore can pick up minute traces of the virus possibly from an infection several weeks before. In Europe, they normally use a maximum CT (amplification) of 32. However in Thailand they use a minimum of 40 and upon checking my test and go paperwork, they actually ran one of my samples at a CT of 45. This possibly accounting for the number of people that have tested negative before departure but positive upon arrival in Thailand?

it is generally accepted these days that if they have to increase the CT of the PCR to above 28 in order to get a positive result, whilst you still have traces of the virus in your body, you are no longer considered infectious. 

And yes, there is an excellent correlation between a positive PCR test, and subsequent symptoms. Almost as if PCR tests were accurate.

Covid deniers have been criticizing PCR tests since day 1, but don’t have the technical  chops to prove their case. Like convince 1 lab to do PCR tests the “right” way. No lab will do that, because they don’t want to issue negative results for people who are subsequently hospitalized.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

And yes, there is an excellent correlation between a positive PCR test, and subsequent symptoms. Almost as if PCR tests were accurate.

Covid deniers have been criticizing PCR tests since day 1, but don’t have the technical  chops to prove their case. Like convince 1 lab to do PCR tests the “right” way. No lab will do that, because they don’t want to issue negative results for people who are subsequently hospitalized.

I agree that for liability purposes, labs may be reluctant to do the tests with a more realistic CT threshold. 

However your comments regarding the correlation of a positive PCR and the subsequent onset of symptoms are a bit baffling? Excepting Thailand’s entry requirements, where in the world are people being given a PCR test before having symptoms? It’s normally the other way around, you get the symptoms and you go for a PCR to confirm? Unless they’re paranoid or a hypochondriac, why on earth would people clog up their countries’ state medical/testing facilities if you you have no symptoms?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trip Hop said:

I agree that for liability purposes, labs may be reluctant to do the tests with a more realistic CT threshold. 

However your comments regarding the correlation of a positive PCR and the subsequent onset of symptoms are a bit baffling? Excepting Thailand’s entry requirements, where in the world are people being given a PCR test before having symptoms? It’s normally the other way around, you get the symptoms and you go for a PCR to confirm? Unless they’re paranoid or a hypochondriac, why on earth would people clog up their countries’ state medical/testing facilities if you you have no symptoms?

Lots of places Test a lot. Like the UK.

One approach is true random testing, where a sample of random individuals is taken. This informs the government of the true extent of infection. 

Positive PCR tests drive hospitalizations which drives deaths. If PCR tests were flawed, this would not be the case. Except for Omicron, it’s early yet, we still don’t know about it’s lethality.

so, yeah, Covid Deniers claiming PCR tests are not valid only make sense to the misinformed.

Edited by Danderman123

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope. I haven’t really been out of my condo much in 2022. I am totally innocent of this allegation.

Mostly.

"I haven’t really been out of my condo much in 2022."

So you are very much an "inside man" who doth protest too much aout his innocence!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Lots of places Test a lot. Like the UK.

One approach is true random testing, where a sample of random individuals is taken. This informs the government of the true extent of infection. 

Positive PCR tests drive hospitalizations which drives deaths. If PCR tests were flawed, this would not be the case. Except for Omicron, it’s early yet, we still don’t know about it’s lethality.

so, yeah, Covid Deniers claiming PCR tests are not valid only make sense to the misinformed.

The UK uses mainly the LAMP test and LFTs for general mass screening as PCR takes too long and is too expensive. This has been the case for obout 12 months now. If you try to book a PCR, the first thing that they ask you is as to whether you have any symptoms? If you have no symptoms they’ll refuse you a PCR and tell you to do a few LFTs first and if you test positive on these, only then will they give you a PCR to confirm. The only general exception to this is if your doctor or hospital requests a PCR prior to an appointment? I have plenty of experience of the booking system due to my father being in ill health and requiring regular visits to the doctor. 

Also, despite working continually throughout this pandemic on a series of large high profile civil engineering projects with associated large workforces in both England & Wales, not once has myself or anyone I worked with, been asked to attend mass screening despite cases occurring within the workforce?  This is because generally they only carry out mass screening locally in areas that are experiencing high numbers of a new mutation. 

This is my experience and assessment of the testing in the UK over the last 2 years. Unless you live there yourself and can tell me different?

5 minutes ago, Trip Hop said:

The UK uses mainly the LAMP test and LFTs for general mass screening as PCR takes too long and is too expensive. This has been the case for obout 12 months now. If you try to book a PCR, the first thing that they ask you is as to whether you have any symptoms? If you have no symptoms they’ll refuse you a PCR and tell you to do a few LFTs first and if you test positive on these, only then will they give you a PCR to confirm. The only general exception to this is if your doctor or hospital requests a PCR prior to an appointment? I have plenty of experience of the booking system due to my father being in ill health and requiring regular visits to the doctor. 

Also, despite working continually throughout this pandemic on a series of large high profile civil engineering projects with associated large workforces in both England & Wales, not once has myself or anyone I worked with, been asked to attend mass screening despite cases occurring within the workforce?  This is because generally they only carry out mass screening locally in areas that are experiencing high numbers of a new mutation. 

This is my experience and assessment of the testing in the UK over the last 2 years. Unless you live there yourself and can tell me different?

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing

I am sorry, but the official testing data shows a different story. Perhaps your personal experience is an outlier. 

Screenshot_20220108_162136.jpg

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Where are all these Covid deniers?  I've never met a single one.  This delusional world you live in is a frightening place for you and others that refuse to look at data that doesn't confirm their story and are incapable of showing empathy for others.  You keep hating in the name of doing good is getting tiresome.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Where are all these Covid deniers?  I've never met a single one.  This delusional world you live in is a frightening place for you and others that refuse to look at data that doesn't confirm their story and are incapable of showing empathy for others.  You keep hating in the name of doing good is getting tiresome.

There are plenty of Covid Deniers. They come in different flavors, though. 

The flavor of the day seems to be based on the lie that PCR Tests are not accurate, therefore no one ever died of Covid, it's just the flu. 

12 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

I do not mind to hear of the fake places

being shut down to help prevent the spread of this highly contagious Omicron variant of COVID 19.

Here in Canada...

You're in Canada, why concern yourself so much with events in Thailand? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing

I am sorry, but the official testing data shows a different story. Perhaps your personal experience is an outlier. 

Screenshot_20220108_162136.jpg

Give it up FF$, you’re not even there, living it on a daily basis but somehow you talk as if you’re an expert? You haven’t got a clue of the reality of it all full stop and are only commenting based on what you can find on the internet to make yourself sound interesting? The words clueless and clown come in mind?

• Like 2

So first they prompted and stimulated actual pubs to convert their places into pub like eateries, to be allowed to sell again and reopen with SHA things. And now they punish all legit (small) eateries that also served alcohol prior covid on top of those 'fake eateries' who actually are pubs and submitted recently.

What is next? Allowing 25% tables, then 50% then 75% and 100% to repeat again with entire closure X months. Still have to meet the first person who died of covid after going to such places, after 2 years of this play.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2