Three Scandinavian countries in Thai top ten of tourist nationalities

webfact

Three Scandinavian countries in Thai top ten of tourist nationalities

by Lasse Sandholdt

THAP.jpg

Thailand is closing down its Test & Go procedure – Photo: PR Bangkok

As Thailand’s Test & Go program remains suspended and thereby complicating the accessibility to the country, tourists are still rushing to get in before new restrictions are put into play, The Thaiger writes.

A new 2022-statistics show the nationality of these tourists who have entered the country between 1. January and 4. January. The statistic also shows how high the infection rate was among these travelers when they were tested in Thailand upon arrival.

In the top 10 of the most visiting countries are both Sweden, Denmark, and Finland. Surprisingly Sweden is number two on this list only surpassed by Russia. 1,633 tourists from Sweden have entered Thailand and of these visitors, 2.33% were found to be infected with Covid-19. Russia in the first place had 2,511 visitors.

Full story: https://scandasia.com/three-scandinavian-countries-in-thai-top-ten-of-tourist-nationalities/

sca.jpg

-- © Copyright ScandAsia 2022-01-07

3 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

Everyone around me was either Swede or Danish, etc. The other mongers around me weren't those obese farangs wearing no shirts, covered in Tattoos, wearing flip flop tongs, swearing using the f-word in every single sentence coming out of their foul chain smoking mouths filled with crooked teeths, 

Nowadays what remains of the Scandinavian community has dwindled to a very select few either in the Jomtien area, 

They do their best to keep a discreet low profile life in Pattaya as they tend to stay away (for very good reasons mind you) from the obnoxious despicable filth that roams Soi Buakhao, Tree Town, Soi Lengkee and of course the dreaded Soi Chaiyapoon aka Soi Pothole.

Don't forget the sorry lot lying around the steps and  the  smoked out patio cafes in the Pattaya Tai area around tuc com / Soi bukow . I don't their nationalities . But they are all cigarette smoking slobs. I guess the Scandinavians have a better appearance but in Jomtien they are also heavy cigarette smokers , so that and their mumbo jumbo language is all I need to avoid these people.

Edited by morrobay
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

And there we are, this is exactly how I remember my first time in Thailand back in 1999.

Everyone around me was either Swede or Danish, etc. The other mongers around me weren't those obese farangs wearing no shirts, covered in Tattoos, wearing flip flop tongs, swearing using the f-word in every single sentence coming out of their foul chain smoking mouths filled with crooked teeths, having a bad breath that would only match their awful body smell because they didn't a) use deodorant or b) shower for several days in a row, those pesky Monty Python lovers already drunk to boot on warm Heinekens at 7AM.

My first Thais wife's prettiest sister married a very well groomed and educated posh Swedish guy, whom injected 50 million baht in the Kingdom almost immediately, gave their parents a 1 million baht dowry then took their daughters back with him to Sweden.

They celebrated their wedding on Koh Larn, almost privatizing half of the island for the evening, 250 attendees showed up to the party, all of them were Scandinavians. ABBA was played almost the entire evening, it was quite an experience!

Nowadays what remains of the Scandinavian community has dwindled to a very select few either in the Jomtien area, or bought condos at the Royal Cliff Garden Condominium Complex (that's the 3 big towers up the hill you see behind the big PATTAYA City sign at the end of Walking Street), where more than 50% of the residents are Nordics.

They do their best to keep a discreet low profile life in Pattaya as they tend to stay away (for very good reasons mind you) from the obnoxious despicable filth that roams Soi Buakhao, Tree Town, Soi Lengkee and of course the dreaded Soi Chaiyapoon aka Soi Pothole.

So yeah, I'm not surprised at this top 10, this is a Tourism reboot and what the Thai economy needs is an economy reboot.

Enough with the shirtless obese folks roaming around on Beach Rd. and those others ordering 1 beer and sharing it with 3 straws. We all know who they are.

You find Swedish along the coastline away from everyone else. South of Prachuap Khirikan to Chumphon and Trang is two places. 

However those you described as Monthy Python lovers, would never understand Monthy Python. 

5 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

And there we are, this is exactly how I remember my first time in Thailand back in 1999.

Everyone around me was either Swede or Danish, etc. The other mongers around me weren't those obese farangs wearing no shirts, covered in Tattoos, wearing flip flop tongs, swearing using the f-word in every single sentence coming out of their foul chain smoking mouths filled with crooked teeths, having a bad breath that would only match their awful body smell because they didn't a) use deodorant or b) shower for several days in a row, those pesky Monty Python lovers already drunk to boot on warm Heinekens at 7AM.

My first Thais wife's prettiest sister married a very well groomed and educated posh Swedish guy, whom injected 50 million baht in the Kingdom almost immediately, gave their parents a 1 million baht dowry then took their daughters back with him to Sweden.

They celebrated their wedding on Koh Larn, almost privatizing half of the island for the evening, 250 attendees showed up to the party, all of them were Scandinavians. ABBA was played almost the entire evening, it was quite an experience!

Nowadays what remains of the Scandinavian community has dwindled to a very select few either in the Jomtien area, or bought condos at the Royal Cliff Garden Condominium Complex (that's the 3 big towers up the hill you see behind the big PATTAYA City sign at the end of Walking Street), where more than 50% of the residents are Nordics.

So yeah, I'm not surprised at this top 10, this is a Tourism reboot and what the Thai economy needs is an economy reboot.

Enough with the shirtless obese folks roaming around on Beach Rd. and those others ordering 1 beer and sharing it with 3 straws. We all know who they are.

Most of them are Russians; they're in first place. Think they fall into the category in the last paragraph.

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Scandinavians come here to escape their countries' dire Winters and expensive liquor prices.

Expensive?

Maybe in Sweden and Norway, but not Denmark.

Converted prices to baht.

Can buy 30 Tuborg for 450 baht which is 15 baht a bottle on sale in the large super markets.

Bottle of Smirnoff vodka is usually 350-450 baht on sale.

Bottle of bailey usually 400-450 baht on sale.

A standard cheap red wine like Thailands Peter Vella would cost like 150 baht.

So Thailand are more expensive for Danes when it's about alcohol prices.

Which is also why a lot of swedes come to Denmark to shop alcohol.

We can't compete with Thailands beaches, food prices, weather in our winters, green lush surroundings, plus all of Thailands lovely islands.

In my perfect life i would live in Denmark from may to september, and then live in various places in Thailand the remaining 7 months.

Oh, I get it now! We have someone posting xenophobic hatred for another countries citizens under the guise of respect for another nation(s) . 

This from a citizen from the country with the lowest life expectancy in western Europe. 

The highest death from drugs in Europe and a drinking culture that is not one to be proud of. 

Nationalistic posts should be kept for home consumption. 

12 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Those crazy Finns.  They like to mess with everyone. ????  I'd like to visit there one of these days. 

As for Norway, check out this video.  I believe it was produced by some Norwegian tourist bureau or some such.  John Cleese is the narrator.  Funny !!!

Im from norway..the video really tells who we are..he-he

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

In the top 10 of the most visiting countries are both Sweden, Denmark, and Finland.

Technically, all three of them are independent nations now. Also, would love to see 'visiting countries'; tall Sweden and stocky Denmark...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

2 hours ago, Gussie said:

Oh, I get it now! We have someone posting xenophobic hatred for another countries citizens under the guise of respect for another nation(s) .

Nationalistic posts should be kept for home consumption. 

There was absolutely nothing even remotely xenophobic said in my original post... but nice try posting slanders with your *1* post new "burner account".

Edited by NanaSomchai

Does it matter if it is a first post? 

Perhaps you should reread what you have written and consider your inferences. Clearly pointed towards a close neighbour. 

You even need to point out in a further post "hints" to political  alligiance! 

All this under the guise of admiration for our Scandinavian friends. 

The Sad Nationalist Party are a one trick pony, blame others! 

I do note that you do not comment  upon  my previous facts regarding the health and well-being of your compatriots. 

Especially after fourteen years "in charge ' and health being a devolved issue. 

Nationalism is for home consumption, not an international forum. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mikebell said:

Scandinavians come here to escape their countries' dire Winters and expensive liquor prices.

Snowboozers ;D

But honestly on my first trip to LOS 18 years ago when I spent 3 months there I remember very vividly that the nicest and easiest going people to get along with were the Swedes.

17 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

I dont know what kind party you has been, because here in Scandinavia only gay people listen ABBA and Village People! But nice if you join yourself, hope not hurth your behind. Maybe not if you remember use lubricant! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gussie said:

Does it matter if it is a first post? 

Perhaps you should reread what you have written and consider your inferences. Clearly pointed towards a close neighbour. 

You even need to point out in a further post "hints" to political  alligiance! 

All this under the guise of admiration for our Scandinavian friends. 

The Sad Nationalist Party are a one trick pony, blame others! 

I do note that you do not comment  upon  my previous facts regarding the health and well-being of your compatriots. 

Especially after fourteen years "in charge ' and health being a devolved issue. 

Nationalism is for home consumption, not an international forum. 

Again my post has nothing to do with nationalism.

13 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I dont know what kind party you has been, because here in Scandinavia only gay people listen ABBA and Village People! But nice if you join yourself, hope not hurth your behind. Maybe not if you remember use lubricant! 

If boredom had a face... I'll rate you 2/10 though at least you posted with your real account unlike the other troll above you.

• Like 2

On 1/7/2022 at 4:30 AM, NanaSomchai said:

Quote, 'My first Thais wife' unquote.

she realised what a mistake she'd made then!

????????