Thailand reports 7,526 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

3 minutes ago, KohChangTai said:

Anyone know where I can find a Pfizer booster shot in Thailand? 

Thanks in advance

Simon

If in Bangkok try:

The registration for Pfizer booster shots at Bang Sue Vaccination Centre via mobile network providers opens on Friday including: AIS = http://ais.th/vaccine DTAC = https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index.html NT = https://covid19vaccine.ntplc.co.th/CVC/info TRUE = http://vaccine.trueid.net

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1479287008103067648

Otherwise you need to check the hospital or provider where you had your previous vaccinations and ask them

Edited by Bkk Brian

31 minutes ago, LoveThai94 said:

You used the word "MOST" which is false!   and you know that!

Fact "Most ATK test are used for individuals and institutions, most people who test positive will do a follow up PCR"

Don't try to back up your fake news, the statement made was a deceptive one and you know it.

Now go back and recall this false claim.

You better do your research......Not backtracking  on anything Sir.  You do not agree then that's fine.  There are currently only around 20 states that do not report ATK testing results to CDC and that is dwindling fast now that more tests are being rolled out for at home use, and then even in California your supposed to report an at home positive. 

Nothing about a follow-up with a "PCR for MOST as you say". In fact many I know are reporting it then isolating and quarantining at home.  No follow-up PCR tests are being done either after you have tested positive with a PCR test and then isolated for the recommended times in many locales. Minnesota, Virginia etc... test as I have said and include the numbers in their counts.  My son who was positive via PCR was isolated and quarantined, after 5 days he was told he could leave from being isolated and must wear a mask for the next 3 days.  No further testing done.

We are far off topic here, so I will discontinue this response. 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You better do your research......Not backtracking  on anything Sir.  You do not agree then that's fine.  There are currently only around 20 states that do not report ATK testing results to CDC and then even in California your supposed to report an at home positive. 

Nothing about a follow-up with a "PCR for MOST as you say". In fact many I know are reporting it then isolating and quarantining at home.  No follow-up PCR tests are being done either after you have tested positive with a PCR test and then isolated for the recommended times in many locales. Minnesota, Virginia etc... test as I have said and include the numbers in their counts.  My son who was positive via PCR was isolated and quarantined, after 5 days he was told he could leave from being isolated and must wear a mask for the next 3 days.  No further testing done.

We are far off topic here, so I will discontinue this response. However, I believe you may be using an old account you created some time ago since you may be another person who has been removed.

Pretty sure you're right, according to this article Nevada was the last state not to report them officially:

Nevada among last states to add rapid tests to virus tally

CARSON CITY, Nev. -- Nevada this week became one of the last states to publicly report rapid antigen tests as part of its coronavirus tallies — a move that experts said could provide a fuller picture of the pandemic but also upend metrics used to gauge how the virus is spreading.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/nevada-states-add-rapid-tests-virus-tally-80495179

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, James105 said:

All of the scared rabbits on here who want to keep the bars closed, subject people to abject poverty by denying them an income and prevent people from enjoying life are vaccinated.  

Who would be these scared rabbits you talk about? Making derogatory comments constantly does your cause no good whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

Old and/or obese vaccinated people over 60 are more likely to die from covid than unvaccinated young and healthy people I believe.   I remember seeing a chart somewhere that suggested vaccines give an 80 year old the same chances as a 50 year old and the returns started to diminish the younger the person was.  

I would suggest that unvaccinated do not worry about death (or more accurately dying from covid) otherwise they would get vaccinated.  There is another category of people like myself who got vaccinated not out of fear of dying from covid but was tricked into thinking that if I did my part then things would return to normal once enough of us did so.  All of the scared rabbits on here who want to keep the bars closed, subject people to abject poverty by denying them an income and prevent people from enjoying life are vaccinated.  

My point was and is that illness and death are no longer relevant factors in deciding policy.   It's now all about the "cases" or "positive tests" which as we have seen from other countries will rapidly increase for several weeks no matter what ridiculous restrictions are imposed and then decline just as sharply.   The only reason hospitals will get overwhelmed is if the stupid policy of putting healthy people in them who do not need treatment continues. 

How were you tricked into believing that the world would return to normal once vaccinated.  I do not remember hearing that as a vaccination selling point.  Calling people scared rabbits, who want to keep the bars closed etc... is also inappropriate.  However, I do understand that closing locations is doing a lot of damage to individuals and businesses alike.  Hospitals do not just get overwhelmed from putting healthy people in them.  That is why Hospitels and Field Hospitals as well as home isolation are used.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

How were you tricked into believing that the world would return to normal once vaccinated.  I do not remember hearing that as a vaccination selling point.  Calling people scared rabbits, who want to keep the bars closed etc... is also inappropriate.  However, I do understand that closing locations is doing a lot of damage to individuals and businesses alike.  Hospitals do not just get overwhelmed from putting healthy people in them.  That is why Hospitels and Field Hospitals as well as home isolation are used.

An other denier, its hard not to respond to them. In my country they don't care too much about the cases only as an indication to hospitalization. They worry about hospitals getting overrun that is when measures get in place. Not the amount of cases though they are used to calculate stuff. I guess that is something james105 rather not hear. Because it actually makes sense not to let hospitals overrun.

Then we got the old freedom stuff and denying people income or the right to party. To people like that set up your country because most countries they look at the greater good and that is to make sure that hospitals don't overflow. An unvaccinated or vaccinated person can still get it in the bars (quite likely look at Pattaya).

Maybe he thinks that virusses stop spreading at bars, they don't once there they go to other places so its often a start of a lot of problems.

As for the hospitals get overwhelmed by healthy people, again they don't worry about that but about ICU beds the other beds are easy and take other kinds of nurses to staff.

I wonder why people like him never consider these things, is it because the don't support his world views or is lack of critical thinking.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You better do your research......Not backtracking  on anything Sir.  You do not agree then that's fine.  There are currently only around 20 states that do not report ATK testing results to CDC and that is dwindling fast now that more tests are being rolled out for at home use, and then even in California your supposed to report an at home positive. 

We are far off topic here, so I will discontinue this response. 

Discontinue you should and also discontinue with the fake news.

Almost every State dashboard can be accessed publicly, so anyone who really want to check the information for themselves can, no need to listen to fake news.

I actively trade Abbot, Roche, CVS and Walgreens along with other testing related stocks, this is an area where i make my bread and butter since the pandemic.

I also travel for work 90% US and 10% overseas roughly, i am walking the walk, i have done testing in many states and countries, i am tired of it to be honest.

As we all know the US is the worst example with covid data due to the red/blue states and counties.

Northern Virginia will be very different from what is considered the real Virginia, The twin cites Minnesota, Madison and Milwaukee Wisconsin etc.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LoveThai94 said:

I actively trade Abbot, Roche, CVS and Walgreens along with other testing related stocks, this is an area where i make my bread and butter since the pandemic.

I also travel for work 90% US and 10% overseas roughly, i am walking the walk, i have done testing in many states and countries, i am tired of it to be honest.

???????? Nothing whatsoever to do with the post you were responding to

• Like 1

And off we go. 
Anutin: It's not like 2021!!!

Give it some time.  Ya'll repeated Songkran 2021 during New Years 2021-2022.

The definition of insanity?  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Isn't it obvious that the easily transmittable Omicron will result in a massive uptick in infections? I have two colleagues self-isolating after positive ATK tests, but presumably people like them are not included in the numbers. There must be thousands more like that.

Fortunately, the symptoms are negligible.

I have 7 out of 7 Thai friends returned from Phuket and Rayong with pos test. All asymptomatic but also not in the completely innacurate data. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

To be fair it has been said many times over and over again by world leaders that vaccinations are the way back to normal.many many times. So it definitely has being a selling point, a big one at that. 

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

With only 64  %  ( 45 M ) of Thais having received Two Doses of Vaccine, that leaves a massive 36 % that will be wide open to any Infections being transmitted.

36 % of the population is roughly 26 Million people, and if only 10 % of those are going to need medical care in a Hospital, that is a massive number. ( 260 K )

A number for which the Thai Health Care System will not be able to care for.

Actually only 66% of Londoners were vaccinated.

It won't be 10%, far from it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

Then we got the old freedom stuff and denying people income or the right to party. To people like that set up your country because most countries they look at the greater good and that is to make sure that hospitals don't overflow. An unvaccinated or vaccinated person can still get it in the bars (quite likely look at Pattaya).

Blinkered thinking.  No country has ever improved its health outcomes by making the country poorer.   Have a little think and ask yourself why it is that the poorest countries in the world also have the shortest life expectancy.   

Edited by James105
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

Blinkered thinking.  No country has ever improved its health outcomes by making the country poorer.   Have a little think and ask yourself why it is that the poorest countries in the world also have the shortest life expectancy.   

Your point would be great, if Thailand had used its tourist income to invest in its healthcare. But it did not so missing it wont change a thing and certainly not short term. That is what we are talking about. 

Maybe you should try to discredit what i have posted.

Anyway maybe the curbs and the controlled spread of omicron is what we are waiting for. (controlled spread not all out bars open ect). Its milder and maybe it gives us extra protection. Still it certain that some people will die and that uncontrolled spread will overburden the health system. 

• Like 1

Shortage of test kits now in Chonburi

Chon Buri reports 1,342 new COVID-19 infections on Friday, most cases in Banglamung

Most of the cases were linked to restaurants and pubs in Pattaya, Bang Lamung and on Bang Saen and Won Napa beaches.

Health officials attributed the clusters among students at the Burapha and Kasetsart universities to New Year parties and celebrations.

The spike in infections and active screening have caused a shortage of antigen test kits in the province.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/chon-buri-reports-1342-new-covid-19-infections-on-friday-most-cases-in-banglamung/

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The spike in infections and active screening have caused a shortage of antigen test kits in the province.

I tried six 7-11's and they "not have".  I believe the price they charged was 50 b.

Ended buying several at a pharmacy paying 150 b each.

• Like 1

Government asks public not to panic over surging covid number; increase in line with predictions

The government warned the public on Friday to not worry about the surge in Covid numbers as they were in line with ministry predictions following the new year period and the spread of the Omicron variant.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/36287/omicron/

global-1024x576.jpg

Edited by anchadian

1 hour ago, James105 said:

All of the scared rabbits on here who want to keep the bars closed, subject people to abject poverty by denying them an income and prevent people from enjoying life are vaccinated.  

There needs to be an hysteria emoticon for Aseannow.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, James105 said:

There is another category of people like myself who got vaccinated not out of fear of dying from covid but was tricked into thinking that if I did my part then things would return to normal once enough of us did so.  

Wow. A grown man tricked. No wonder illuminati, Rothschilds and Bill Gates are make it so easy to control, microchip and depopulate the planet. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Oblomov said:

I have 7 out of 7 Thai friends returned from Phuket and Rayong with pos test. All asymptomatic but also not in the completely innacurate data. 

Indeed.  Just imagine how many symptomless people there are who are not bothering to get tested at all, and are just walking around with "a cold"!

• Like 2