Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health encourages public to refrain from drinking alcohol and risky activities to help prevent Omicron spread

webfact

36 minutes ago, club said:

i am sitting in a hospital right now with lite symptoms and fully vaccinated with Moderna and was told yesterday from doctor that one of my lungs is infected with Cytokine storm syndrome. Google it, its not good

Did the Doctor tell you what variant you have ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Which region in Chonburi was the first to exhibit rapid rise in Covid cases recently?

Nobody knows as the authorities do not do widespread testing, relying instead on publicity stunts. Eg closing Thanon Bangla in Patong for a day, testing all the employees and “deep cleaning”. All bars open again the next day????

This new variant has nothing to do with the consumption of alcohol there is more chance of coming into contact with this from the daily markets or the weekly walk in streets where you will see 100s of people gathering all within very close proximity to each other . I would rather be in a bar where there are fewer than 20 persons and where you can keep your distance . I bet the politicians will continue to enjoy there discounted alcohol in the government and Army clubs . It’s one rule for the elites and one rule for the normal person on the street

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, club said:

No, but all symptoms I had were Omicron. Plus pretty sure I caught in the USA. 95% cases there is Omicron

When doctor did another PCR  test he said results of wont come back until 7 to 14 days. Sound like their is only a couple of labs around Bangkok that know how to do it

2 hours ago, Thaiophil said:

Nobody knows as the authorities do not do widespread testing, relying instead on publicity stunts. Eg closing Thanon Bangla in Patong for a day, testing all the employees and “deep cleaning”. All bars open again the next day????

Well of the numbers that were available......no need to duck the Q

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

seems a bit mute considering more will die driving home than of covid !

DUI -drunk AND infected.

Darwin at its best- just tell barflies that alcohol kills Omicron and cleverly position some unlit holes and bollards just outside the bar

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He is right.... recently saw some pics from Treetown and all of those drinking were not wearing masks....drinking alcohol obviously makes people do stupid things!

yep difficult to get the beer thru those masks eh

• Haha 1

In Canada so many people are getting sick from this new omicron variant, that

all sorts of businesses have sick employees. Parents are also seeing their children now getting sick from

omicron, and a sick child means at least one parent has to stay home. No one wants to baby sit a

COVID patient. Right?  People who think that omicron is a walk in the park are dreaming.

Good Luck, in 2 weeks you may know what I am talking about.

• Sad 1

As frequently occurs, the cart is before the horse. Drinking alcohol has nothing to do with the spread of the virus. It is the socializing, with no masks or social distancing, that spread the disease. Alcohol consumption is an adjunct to the instinct to crowd together, perhaps especially strong in Asian peoples, though having been in Times Square a couple of times for the ball drop...

I was living happily alone on a seventy-five rai mini "ranch" in AZ before meeting my dear Thai wife, and also having a couple of strokes. Now I enjoy having peopld around. First stroke, the lovely people in my condo complex got me an ambulance, etc. I would be happy to buy them all a beer!

• Like 1