Bike rides round the Pattaya Region - Are they really that bad ?

properperson

On 1/10/2022 at 10:28 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

Don't pay too much attention to the negative posts, some people you just can't please. 

I've had a few big bikes (1000cc over) in Pattaya over the years, I prefer shorter rides 1 or 2 hours as it's tiring, lots of concentration, the bike is very noisy and I take off at speed from the lights (show off) so I'm always looking in the mirrors for cops and ahead for animals on the road etc. 

My best ride ever has been on my PCX, took it to Koh Kong, rode the Sukhumvit all the way to Cambodia. It follows the coast at Trat, great ride the coast road. 
When I'm riding the PCX I'm more comfortable, parking is not a problem, don't worry about theft or damage.
It's a dangerous ride, the oncoming trucks force you back and the wind coming from the side can move you sideways. It was a great experience, the feeling was awesome, throughout the journey I'd be going through wild weather, windy and rainy, I'd get soaking wet then the next hour of riding I'd dry out to get wet again the following hour, I ditched the raincoat, just makes too much noise.

"looking in the mirrors for cops"?? When do you ever see cops except at checkpoints?