Crawling back into the ring in my mid fifties! What can I expect?

Grecian

Moving to Thailand in 2022 all being well (covid)

Worked in Asia in my 20s and 30s. In that Asia and at that age I found I was never single. All I used was a nice smile, friendly attitude and a bit of the local lingo. (Not Thai)

2022 and I'm middle aged. Mohammed Ali on his third come back. Lol. Probably bit less friendly, the smile now shows the wrinkles and Thai is a helluva language to try to learn when you're older and tone deaf.

still,gotta look forward to it. I'm excited things will go well as long as the touch of prostitus I've been getting doesn't get in the way. ????

So, what romantically does the wisdom of the forum awaits me? 

I'm talking gf not p4p.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

GF? You mean free sex? From a woman of your own age no prob but you will have to be the paymaster

I've got plenty of "free" sex in my mid 40's on tinder from women in their 20's. All I had to do was pay for dinner.

13 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

My advice - be very choosy.  There's a lot of available girls here, and some of them are high mileage and have developed a mercenary attitude.  There can also be a large, parasitic family adding to the running costs.

But there are some nice, genuine ones, who can be the perfect girl friend or wife.

Like in most countries, they will expect to looked after, but the best ones are quite economical to maintain.

So make a list of your perfect attributes, and include a self-sufficient family in the spec, along with the usual stuff related to looks, intelligence etc.  Don't forget English language skills.

My list included: 

Smart, but not too educated

Face like a Thai Aishwarya Rai

Great legs

Slim, but with curves and a great, natural rack

Long dark auburn hair, not jet black

Large, expressive Asian eyes

Caring attitude

Able to support my business with confident networking skills

Did I mention a great rack?

Good English

Cappuccino colored skin

Not HiSo, but not Banork either

Good housekeeping skills - tidy, clean

Great rack

Financially aware - careful with my money

No kids

Born as a female

Great rack

I know some Posters will say you can't get natural curves in Thailand, but it is possible if you do enough research.

I found one that covered my spec, we've been together 11 years as of 1 Jan.

Good hunting!

does she have a sister???  asking for a friend!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Kinnock said:

My advice - be very choosy.  There's a lot of available girls here, and some of them are high mileage and have developed a mercenary attitude.  There can also be a large, parasitic family adding to the running costs.

I'm OK with a high mileage car as long as it starts easily.

• Haha 2

If you come with no preconceived notions, enjoy the warm weather and great food, you will be fine.  However, I would suggest that you make an effort to learn the language.  While reading and writing Thai can be a bit difficult, speaking the language is not.  Don't give up by making excuses about the tones which is what many lazy expats do.  Take a conversational Thai class and meet and make friends with local people,  You will be a lot happier.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Hump as many women (or whatever) as you can for a couple of years, get it out of your system, then start looking away from the bars for a decent wife (partner). I think too many people marry quickly and regret it after they see the totty available everywhere, better to get it all out of your system and find somebody good to take care of you in old age.

That said, if I had not met my wife I'd probably be putting a rabbit to shame 6 years after moving to Thailand  

well said..not sure about the rabbit bit ...never liked short time..ha  

1 hour ago, LarrySR said:

Splash the money around and the locals will pretend to like you.

Yep. Generosity  is a positive attribute indeed!

1 hour ago, CM Dad said:

If you come with no preconceived notions, enjoy the warm weather and great food, you will be fine.  However, I would suggest that you make an effort to learn the language.  While reading and writing Thai can be a bit difficult, speaking the language is not.  Don't give up by making excuses about the tones which is what many lazy expats do.  Take a conversational Thai class and meet and make friends with local people,  You will be a lot happier.

Ignorance is bliss actually