Thailand Named #1 Destination in Asia for Global Retirees

snoop1130

29 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Are all the negative views above written by retirees who have chosen Thailand for the rest of their live? 

not me i have made this my home ill finish my time here..i can say theres a lot id change here but that would probably be the same in any country i decided to live in Nothings perfect .. nowhere is perfect

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Governments will always put out whatever they can to deflect blame, just look in Australia with Djokovic, he was infected, has immunity, but wanted to send him back after cancelling his visa. Anyone with half a brain knows it's politically motivated with an election looming, thank Buddha the judge saw through the BS, in other words he has equal and if not more immunity than me who has been double vaccinated, so they try to blame him as a threat to enter the country, national security, but they have 100,000 cases a day already building up already in the country, how do you think he felt ? I hope you see my point, there is always an agenda from governments. Hopefully Thai's are not stupid enough to believe what they government here says about farangs, but then again, it all boils down to ones educational standard which yes, is lacking here in certain parts of the country, now you have to ask yourself why, could it be because education is knowledge and knowledge is a powerful tool ?

You and I will never be able to tell them anything different, so why even bother, their country, their problem, nothing to do with me, one could say the same for Australia with the treatment of Djokovic.

I wai when I walk in, one nods his head with a stiff face, the others smile, so it depends on the person, and personally the one who nods his head with a stiff face does that to everyone, perhaps he had a tough up bringing, or isn't friendly, who knows, who cares.

The problem here is that people are not thaught to think but to believe what the Government tell them..You are not allowed to go against them, because in the culture they are higher than the normal people.. As I said, I live a happily life, but if there are people telling that certain people don't want to follow the rules it could be a butterfly effect... and every foreigner is the same....Same in fact for Djokovic, He should be an example for the people instead of being an antivaxxer, because that is the a minority...If don't want to be jabbed he should not participated in the game. it would give the same signal as he did now... But always there are people who are rich think they are above the law

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Saanim said:

Are all the negative views above written by retirees who have chosen Thailand for the rest of their live? 

Never would have moved here knowing  the wide spread corruption throughout this government. I also am not here for the rest of my life.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Many foreigners have noticed how welcome they are, how good they are taking care for..... I feel sorry for the population, but the Government talks a lot but don't really want the foreigners.. Many examples of the last year. For those who think different several embassies had to vaccinate their citizens here, because of all kind of problems,    Yes Thailand is beautiful, the food is delicious, most people are very friendly, but rules makes us feeling not welcome 

perhaps for some that was the case i must speak as i find the thai system for COVID did me good my 3 vax were all done professionally at no cost or hassle as i said can only say about my experience..

11 hours ago, freedomnow said:

Not for much longer ?

might be right there sir..

4 minutes ago, club said:

Never would have moved here knowing  the wide spread corruption throughout this government. I also am not here for the rest of my life.  

Please disclose to us how does "the wide spread corruption throughout this government" impact you personally? Just curious...

• Like 2

Thailand negatives, for myself;

Pollution

... air, though nothing like Hua Hin & northward.  Noticeable since photography is one of my hobbies, but haven't felt the need to wear my N95s.

... water, live on the Gulf, but rarely swim in it.  Lovely to look at though.  If lived on Andaman Sea side, I'd be in the surf about once a week when season allows.

Immigration ... just the 90 day pulse check.  Think they'll get rid of that soon, hopefully.

Weather ... not really a hot weather person, yea, good choice huh, but manage fine.

Import Tax ... protectionism / understandable, but does make some toys expensive, and some not, since close to China.  Even some things produced here are silly priced, due to less competition, along with no real sales.  MSRP seem to rule.

Corruption ... affects everything, but worldwide issue.  Minor issue for myself.

Now ... where are the naysayers retired at, and WHY better ?

242747654_168518332130336_6630541967757215603_nDN.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I take it you are referring to immigration rules, because I cannot understand any other rules that you could be referring to.

Not feeling welcome is with you, i.e. it's inside your head, what do you expect them to do, roll out the red carpet ?

I don't have a problem with following immigration rules, 90 day online reports, chalk and cheese, annual extension, chalk and cheese, it's time consuming and an effort, but hey, it gives me 12 more months to stay away from the nanny state I used to live in, so I have to put in the effort, just the same as I would if I was working to earn my wages, except, I am not working and I have all the time in the world.

Their country, their rules, if you don't like it here, there are other countries you can try to see if you feel welcome, but I believe what's in your head won't go away unless you let it go.

I don't expect Thai's to say good morning to me or talk to me, but I get it, those that don't speak English are shy and I have proven it time and time again, a smile says a thousand words, so next time a Thai is looking at you, try smiling and I will bet you 9/10 times you will get a smile back. When I do meet a Thai who speaks a little English, they will talk forever because it's good practise for them and makes them feel confident that they are actually communicating with another being from another planet.

Don't pay to much attention to the likes of the Anutin's of the world, he doesn't represent Thai's at all, he is just an egoistical rich mummies boy who didn't get a spanking when he was younger.

I feel very welcome here, and realise that the Thai's are not up to scratch when it comes to speaking a second language, i.e. English, as much as you don't speak a second language, i.e. Thai, and we are in their country, so it's up to you to make yourself feel comfortable, I would never expect them to roll out the red carpet for me, or even smile at me first, it's just not a thing they do, so don't feel to proud.

Oh by the way, I am not saying for you to go out there with a plastered smile on your face, just smile when approaching a Thai and see what happens, and if they don't smile back, don't let it get to you, could be a million reasons for it, the world we live in is not a perfect place and they could think you are acting weird or they have a lot of thoughts racing through their minds, no doubt Thai's more than us fortunate enough to be retired. I mean I wouldn't be smiling making the wages they make working and trying to buy land or a house or repaying a house or a car and not being able to afford an overseas holiday etc etc.

Top 30 Big Smil GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

I think your missing the point , I have no issues with the immigration process.

I have concern with the inconsistency from one Immigration Office to another the laws are not written or changed or created indifferently , There’s one set of laws in Immigration Law period !! , Secondly I don’t expect a Red Carpet roll out  ???? Thirdly but I do expect to be treating fairly with pricing for Services and Products , Anywhere else or most places in the world  that would be considered price gouging and illegal.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Problem is, when Thais read this garbage they are likely to believe it and think it's true! Probably why their national news outlet is regurgitating it!

How many Thais do you think read this as we all know Thais do not read

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand is also well-known for its affordable and high-quality healthcare which is one of the first things retirees seek for healthy and secure living after retirement, while applying for and obtaining a long-stay visa is also easy and fast.

Seems like internationalliving.com don't read comments in ASEAN NOW-forum...:whistling:

More serious, Thailand might well be the #1 retirement destination in Asia - it's not so bad here, it's actually quite good - but if limited funds and interest for for finding a partner are not major factors, there seems to several excellent options to choose between...:thumbsup: 

I feel sorry for the ones who have chosen Thailand for their retirement life, finding later that it is not here so corruption-free as in their country they had come from.

So why to stay here any longer? That feeling without any better outlook in a near future has been heavily burdening them on their daily road to 7/11 and go-go bar, making their life really desperate...  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Many foreigners have noticed how welcome they are, how good they are taking care for..... I feel sorry for the population, but the Government talks a lot but don't really want the foreigners.. Many examples of the last year. For those who think different several embassies had to vaccinate their citizens here, because of all kind of problems,    Yes Thailand is beautiful, the food is delicious, most people are very friendly, but rules makes us feeling not welcome 

I didn’t have any problems obtaining  the Covid vaccines as did most of my expat friends

Two shots plus the booster free of charge

We were given them before many Thais

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Joules said:

YOIU are obviously not living here.  Or, if you are a foreigner, you are Asian.  That gets you a pass.  If you are not a white westerner, then you cannot understand.  By the way, you misspelled "victimized."

By the way - so did you - unless you're American in which case we have to make allowances! ????

Edited by sambum
  • Haha 1