Thailand Named #1 Destination in Asia for Global Retirees

snoop1130

5 hours ago, WinterGael said:

Who writes this <deleted>.  Over the past 2 years I've read a number of financial planning magazines regarding retirement destinations.  In each of them, Vietnam, Cambodia, and the Philippines have rated in the top 10, Malaysia in the top 15.  Thailand either mentioned in past tense, not at all, or in the top 25.  

World wide, maybe Vietnam in the top 25.  Too many countries in the Mediterranean, Caribbean, Latin America, and South America leading the ranks as quality retirement destinations.

Please give us a break from this sort of drivel.

Not to mention much cheaper countries in Africa, e.g. DRC (and much friendlier if you are a Belgian)  

• Like 1

So, reading all the comments above, there are not going to be many of us left.

Having worked & lived in 8 countries I am staying as long as I can (31 years already)

Always felt welcome here, more than can be said for some of the above.

To the Wakky who suggested that Thailand should pay you a pension, it is time to go back to your "nanny" state or take your meds.

Never been treated with anything other than great respect by Immigration on my annual pilgrimage 

& have never been hassled by them. It is part of living in a foreign country

The grass is always greener,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Totally agree, but in my house I make the rules if and how and when you are welcome.....If you don't like that do not come..... for countries and events it is the same..If I refuse you to enter my house because you are not vaccinated, you can go to court, but it is still my house and you will not enter. Why for the rich make exceptions??

You know what, I just came back from a BBQ and there were a fair few people there, some vaccinated, others not, did I give a $hit, no, you know why, because I respect people's choices, that said, I had a choice not to go, but I did, do I regret it, no, was I in fear that there were unvaccinated people there, no.

I was also told that a guy that I know and saw on Friday is in isolation because his kid tested positive, am I worried, no.

I make my own rules, which I consider more flexible than yours, at the end of the day, each to their own, so let's leave it there, we agree to disagree, you fear Omicron, I don't.

• Like 1

International Living is the expat's version of a comic book.

It is extremely economical with the truth, and tells the wide eyed populous what they want to hear, just so long as it conforms to the agenda of the 'magazine'. 

Think of a girl that has worked bars in Walking Street for 15 years for an equivalent.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

You know what, I just came back from a BBQ and there were a fair few people there, some vaccinated, others not, did I give a $hit, no, you know why, because I respect people's choices, that said, I had a choice not to go, but I did, do I regret it, no, was I in fear that there were unvaccinated people there, no.

I was also told that a guy that I know and saw on Friday is in isolation because his kid tested positive, am I worried, no.

I make my own rules, which I consider more flexible than yours, at the end of the day, each to their own, so let's leave it there, we agree to disagree, you fear Omicron, I don't.

I don't fear Omicron, but i agree with you completely..

13 hours ago, thaibook said:

Djokovic, has had covid and so qualifies for a medical exemption from vaccination according to Australian rules and as now declared by the Australian judge.  He is rich but he is a very pleasant down to earth man.

Wasn't the argument simply that he had a positive test result, did not get ill, and days after was pictured in crowded situations unmasked. Anyhow the fuss is over now, and a judge got some real good seats for the open. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

As previously reported, I was on the same flight 11 DEC 2021  BKK to Khon Kaen that brought the two Thai patient zeroes just in from Belgium and the source of the infamous Kalasin Omicron cluster. I got a PCR test shortly thereafter and was NEGATIVE.

Over the New Year's holiday I was invited to attend in rural Isaan two large get-togethers --a tambon and a NYE cow-dow  party.

I declined both. (But I provided cash and a case of Hong Thong for each)

Edited by jerrymahoney