Thai police are doing a wonderful job - stop blaming us for everything or face jail, says RTP spokesman

webfact

4 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Good one! Clever. We all get it, but u r completely safe from BIB! "It gives you wings" and it's soaring over their heads! ???? 

It's a shame really. I wonder what they would do if they had the crime rate/type that other countries have. London, New York etc.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This says all it needs to about what is wrong with policing in Thailand.....

.... juvenile ego’s who simply have no concept of reality beyond the combination of their own greed, apathy and sense of entitlement.... 

Policing and many other aspects of Thai government

• Like 2

Wonderful job.

A senior officer and six subordinates torture and kill a suspect. 

August 2021

https://www.ucanews.com/news/outrage-as-police-torture-and-kill-drug-suspect/93857#

Thai Police questioned after video emerges.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/26/asia/thailand-police-killing-viral-video-intl-hnk/index.html

Posted on Facebook.

Super police investigation.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sikishrory said:

Was gonna comment how this part of Thai culture sucks but then realised Australia is kind of getting this way as well. 

Freedom of speech in general seems to be taking a nose dive in some countries.

Says who? Yanks Poms and Euro flogs…<deleted>n hypocrites and anti vaxers all think alike

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Whale said:

What a banana republic this place is. It just gets madder n madder.

Precisely why I got my family the hell out of the place nine years ago and will never return, ever. Twenty-five years was more than enough. This is my first post in months. Maybe my last, as I no longer give a rodents' rectum about LOS. However, I will give some younger expats who don't know about me a laugh on my first experience of LOS' finest. In the early 1990's there was a place in Chiang Mai known as "the happy housewives club"  (a 'Baan Sow' or knocking shop by definition). There is No prostitution in Thailand - "you can take that to the bank" ! Imagine if you can then, such a place operating within 400 metres of a police box. New to C Mai & the nuances of the RTP, I chose a lady for a 'walk in the park' and just as I had my trousers down, I heard the unmistakeable sound of the 'squelch' on an obviously RTP radio, coming from the next room. As a serving army Officer of a country friendly with Thailand I went into overdrive, grabbed my pants & bolted out the door, the young lady meantime yelling "mai pen rai".  it was only then that I realised that the police radio in the next room belonged to a young chap just like me, there to enjoy a little horizontal relaxation .... only he was RTP ... Goodbye all .... "Those WERE the days"....

10 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

That's likely because he could not care less what a bunch of honkey expats have to say as represented above.

Nobody in authority cares what is said on a Farang orientated anonymous Internet forum, even with all the anti Thai sentiment and slanderous comments, nobody cares.

Just as well really, otherwise this website would be banned on Thai ISP's. .

You did seem to capture the right murderers for the murders that made the headlines this past year, but I don't think that's what your comrades are blaming you for. I suspect it's the road carnage that gets worse (by volume of traffic, so can't get sued here), year after year after year, it's a forgone conclusion that the only people that can put a stop to this is the police, and yet.... Maybe you can suggest who is to blame then? Not that I'm blaming anybody, I think it's an ingenious way to cull the herd and control the population numbers.

BTW, that's one cold blank stare of a cop that has seen some stuff and done some stuff

11 hours ago, smedly said:

You are forgetting the part were you are public servants - your salaries are paid for by the public - they have every right to demand a highly proffessional service and criticise when they do not get it - putting on your police state show of contempt is not helpful

Get on with your public service and earn respect not try to demand or force it.

yes 

7 hours ago, Broken Record said:

Nobody in authority cares what is said on a Farang orientated anonymous Internet forum, even with all the anti Thai sentiment and slanderous comments, nobody cares.

Just as well really, otherwise this website would be banned on Thai ISP's. .

A quick Google translate of the OP Thai Rath Thai language article yields:

"This may create dissatisfaction with those who break the law. Until the point of insulting or using vulgar words, speaking insults, insulting the police officers who have performed such duties, which in many cases the court has already sentenced ...  Whoever insults an official who acts in his or her duties or because they have performed their duties shall be liable to imprisonment for not more than 1 year or a fine of not more than 2,000 baht, or both."

So this is not a warning to the Thai populace at large or anyone else especially those many posting on here but that don't stop the brown-envelope-mia-noi brigade going into full gear.

• Sad 1