Group of Thai parents protest at the Thai Ministry of Education over mandatory Covid-19 testing and facial masks for students

webfact

If my 5 year old daughter has to wear a mask to get back to school after nearly a year away, I'm all for the masks !

As for the testing, you'd have thought they would have come up with something easy for children, rather than shoving some straw like thing up your nose. I'm ok doing my lateral flow in my bedroom - but I am not looking forwards to some PCR tests end of the month for coming back. If I worry, some kids must be petrified !

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Them wearing masks out in public is a requirement and completely different matter

And so is wearing mask in school and ATK test so they should respect it same way as they respect wearing maks in public.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

If anything it may demonstrate they are not completely ignorant, like some folks going maskless walking the streets. 

That's why I called them hypocrites,  right for them to wear mask but not for kids in school where they can safely operate with masks and ATK test? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The mask stop PM2.5 too... not just the virus.

Maybe you need to look at the wider picture.

Straight into an air conditioned classroom when dropped off, no assembly, so your point has no relevance in this situation, respectfully speaking.

9 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If my 5 year old daughter has to wear a mask to get back to school after nearly a year away, I'm all for the masks !

As for the testing, you'd have thought they would have come up with something easy for children, rather than shoving some straw like thing up your nose. I'm ok doing my lateral flow in my bedroom - but I am not looking forwards to some PCR tests end of the month for coming back. If I worry, some kids must be petrified !

My mum used to stick a cotton bud up my nose and in my ears on a regular basis. Tests and masks are for protection all round, and really no big issue for the little angels....????

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

Have you ever done it? What's so terrible about it? Brushing teeth or clipping nails must be a trauma then.

That was my point that you seem to have missed. It's the fear of something, not the process. I imagine in children that fear can be heightened with a process they have not experienced before.

21 minutes ago, Virt said:

Are you saying you didn't protect your kids against these diseases?

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents/diseases/index.html

5 of them are over 18, they can make their own choices, up to them.

I've previously caught flu, chickenpox, mumps, measles ..... and they didn't harm me, why would they harm my kids?.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've previously caught flu, chickenpox, mumps, measles ..... and they didn't harm me, why would they harm my kids?.

Chickenpox and measles can lead to quite serious and at times life threatening complications. Rare but does happen.

Chickenpox can also lead to shingles occurring later in life.

Mumps less likely to have serious consequences but in very rare cases it can lead to more serious problems such as meningitis. Very unlikely but does happen.

So in effect you escaped serious consequences but the conditions you mention can and do cause harm and lead to more serious conditions.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But YOU made their choice when they were kids regarding vaccine protection, you did nothing.

Your last sentence adds you up, sadly....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, RandiRona said:

May be I did as well as the thousands other parents who want their kids to go attend school safely with masks and tests.

Seems you also missed the point, they were protesting about kids in school, masks and testing - not about  themselves wearing or not wearing masks - there is no correlation between the two - the wearing masks or testing in schools is a completely different discussion - for me, masks should be worn in class - whether constant  nasal testing warrant the invasive is open for discussion.