Thai prosecutors concerned they may miss opportunity to indict Red Bull heir

snoop1130

17 hours ago, realfunster said:

Yeah right, just like Epstein....

Why would they even bother ? From what I can see on their website there is no interpol notice issued for him anyway ?

All Google shows me is Thai press reports indicating the Thai police saying that they have requested Interpol to issue a red notice.

How likely do you reckon that is ? 

If they wanted to go the Epstein route, they could always sic Hillary Clinton on him.

The boy will walk; the envelopes just have to get as thick as possible to extend the delay beyond 1 September 2022. What do you expect of this country, honestly? 

Money talks big, big time in this country and this little pr1ck of an oligarch elitarian sunshine will be facing the music in far distant future. The day will come when the dam breaks and then all those crooks, cheaters, liars and corrupt pigs will get haunted. You cannot rape a country and its (in itself very good yet hardly implemented) legal system without getting reprimanded - mark my words as the writing is on the wall. 

The bottle neck is always on top of the bottle and once this is understood by the various colorful shirts in this country then God may bless us all. A bumpy ride into post-slavery civilization; the Madoffs, Strauss-Kahns and other much higher profiled outcasts were taken to the cleaners and will make this case look ridiculously small. It's just not time yet for Khon Thai to realize, that their biggest enemies are their own leadership. 

In short: a failed state! 

• Like 1

I wonder who's been renewing his thai passport? And his visa(s)?

And does he have citizenship (and a passport) elsewhere? Austria (where most recent reports have him)? Monaco? Switzerland?

Seems strange the paparazzi haven't snapped him recently?

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

I wonder who's been renewing his thai passport? And his visa(s)?

And does he have citizenship (and a passport) elsewhere? Austria (where most recent reports have him)? Monaco? Switzerland?

Seems strange the paparazzi haven't snapped him recently?

This has been my point all through this nonsense, his Thai passport was cancelled. He  now (IMO) has another countries PP and is a citizen of whatever country(s) that is, how can the Thai government extradite a person who does not have a Thai passport and is a citizen of another country which has no extradition treaty with Thailand, or even issue a red notice against them ?

6 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

I am confused. The Thai government has shown it can amend, bend and change the highest laws in the country (the constitution) at the drop of a hat in order to outlaw  their political rivals... Shouldn't they be able to do the same in a case they themselves call corrupted from the beginning, hmm?

Wissanu, got any legal opinion here? No?

Watchman, got any excuses? No?

Prayut, got any balls? No?

This likely goes over the heads of police,  judiciary or politicians. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jdlhalliday said:

If Thaksin and Yingluck can be tried and sentenced in their absence why can't this little toe-rag    ?

Because the law has been made specifically for crimes by (Thaksin familly) politicians, and they made sure it doesn't include crimes by (rich) private persons.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

The search reveals only 11 Thai are on the red list, and NO red bull heir.  Search included all Thai males. Try it yourself.

Total number of public Red Notices in circulation: 7444

Search results: 11

How come nobody gets charged with fake news?

ThaiRedNotice.docx

Edited by Banana7

4 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

The search reveals only 11 Thai are on the red list, and NO red bull heir.  Search included all Thai males. Try it yourself.

Total number of public Red Notices in circulation: 7444

Search results: 11

How come nobody gets charged with fake news?

Goodness me the pollies are above that law

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai public prosecutors have expressed concern that they may not be able to indict Red Bull heir, Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya, on a drug abuse charge before the time allowed under the statute of limitations for the offence runs out in the next eight months.

This is how corruption works for the wealthy and politically connected.  From the beginning the government has pursued one of two avenues.  Simply attempt to clear him of all charges, or, wait for the statutes of limitations to run out.  They now seem to be expressly stating that they are taking the latter path. 
Why not conduct a trial in-absentia?  Both Taksin and Yingluck Shinawatra were tried in-absentia.  The only reason that Nong Vorayuth Yoovidhya isn't tried in-absentia must be because those who control the levers of power in Thailand simply don't want to do so.  He's been given an explicit "get out of jail free" card.  He is overtly protected both inside and outside of Thailand. The Thai 'leaders' need a patina of plausibility when the statutes of limitations run out and Nong Vorayuth comes waltzing back to Thailand to receive a Red Carpet welcome - and I've no doubt that is exactly what will happen. The government?
<shrugs>  "What could we do?"  We issued a Interpol Red Notice!  He won't come home like a good boy to be tried."
And anyone can check the Interpol Red Notice - Vorayuth Yoovidhya is not in their system the last time I checked.  There are 12 hits for Thais.  None of them are Nong Vorayuth.
https://www.interpol.int/How-we-work/Notices/View-Red-Notices
Nong Vorayuth is safeguarded from the very top down to the very bottom of officialdom. The only people to get Thrown Under The Ferrari will be a few low level functionaries tasked with obfuscating the investigations. End of story.

"Thailand’s 2021 corruption standing drops six places to 110th out of 180 countries."
-Transparency International

Any questions?

Edited by connda

Is it a universal principal that you cannot indict someone in absence? I don't know how this is in other countries but I think this does not make sense. After a reasonable period of time and using all reasonable methods to attempt to inform the indicted about the indictment even a conviction in absence should be possible! If the indicted chooses to not defend himself, it's his business and he has to bear the consequences! It's a reasonable assumption that he knows about the pending indictment!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

The limitations on cases like this should be that if you leave a country they are reinstated for the length of time remaining. You leaving should merely pause the prosecution and investigation. BUt that seems too logical for most countries on this planet as well as thailand

None of this matters in the case of Boss, he could have gone out with a hand grenade and took out 25 people, he would still be untouchable, his family connections are above the Police, Prosecutors and the Government.

Only one man could give the order, and that is just not going to happen, everybody else is powerless.