Cannabis remains illegal as ministers push through a law controlling its use by the public

webfact

1 hour ago, bobbin said:

Further to Anutin's position..

I saw a video from his election campaign..

He was telling the assembled "Pee/Nong" that it could be sold for the Baht equivalent of $2000 a kilo, That's not leaves.

USD 2000 or THB 2000? I think the first one might be price for heads/flowers, otherwise if 2 baht/gm would be an optimistic price for leaf imo

Under the proposed new legal regime for the use of cannabis, it is thought that the cultivation of up to 6 plants for personal use will be allowed by the government provided that the plants have been notified to local authorities.

As long as this provision remains, at least at a personal level it will be "Smoking gun-cha to get high is illegal" <wink wink>

If villagers can grow 6 plants for "personal use" then enforcement will become unenforceable. They'd need an entire police force dedicated to walking from house to house testing THC levels in plants.  It will be defacto decriminalized.
They'll still bust people attempting to sell it in bulk.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, connda said:

As long as this provision remains, at least at a personal level it will be "Smoking gun-cha to get high is illegal" <wink wink>

If villagers can grow 6 plants for "personal use" then enforcement will become unenforceable. They'd need an entire police force dedicated to walking from house to house testing THC levels in plants.  It will be defacto decriminalized.
They'll still bust people attempting to sell it in bulk.

THC level can only be determined by lab analysis, not by the police walking around..

The test kits used by police here only indicate the presence of THC in the urine sample.

Completely different technology.

Ipso facto, almost completely unenforceable unless collecting samples for lab analysis...with an 18 month turnaround!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, bobbin said:

THC level can only be determined by lab analysis, not by the police walking around..

The test kits used by police here only indicate the presence of THC in the urine sample.

Completely different technology.

Ipso facto, almost completely unenforceable unless collecting samples for lab analysis...with an 18 month turnaround!

There are now some consumer test kits for checking THC levels in a cannabis sample. Here is a review of some of the products on the market:

https://herbceo.com/cannabis-testing-solutions/

Paul Laew

• Like 1

In other words 'We know that it's a harmless herb and has so many beneficial  medical use's also has been used in Thai cooking for millennia,smoked by many Thai people until the law changes in 1973 by the U.S war on drugs,I could go on ad nauseum,' Now the real reason would be more along the lines of doing what 'Big Pharma' tells Thailand to do, Thai people have been smoking Ganja for thousands of years without any problems whatsoever,stop kow-towing to U.N. cow manure and be a proud people again 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Well, if it's dank then the THC is above 0.2%. ????

If usage is still illegal then they'll test people, and punish them accordingly.

If possession is still illegal they'll bust people for that.

If production is still illegal then they'll do what they do today, pull up plantations; it's a defined outdoor growing season here.

If distribution remains illegal they'll do what they do today. Bust the pickup driver traveling from Nakhon Phanom to Bangkok.

Let's wait and see what the Act says, before we worry about testing and enforcement.

58 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

If production is still illegal then they'll do what they do today, pull up plantations; it's a defined outdoor growing season here.

You can grow all year round indoors.

And smoke it in your home.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You can grow all year round indoors.

And smoke it in your home.

I don't know what this means?

Yes, of course you can grow indoors: lights/aircon, electricity, humidity control, odor control, pH water source.

And yes, you can smoke in your own home.

Just not legally though.

Production, possession and use: all illegal.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

My guess? This is all about the lobbying done on behalf of the RTP. These franchisees stand to lose a fortune in revenue. I know of people who have been asked to cough up 100,000 baht for possession of two joints on Koh Phangan. These goons are buying villas with that cash stream. We knew they would put up a fight. Just creeps being creeps and holding the nation back. 

i always fear that they could plant on me.  my word against theirs. would not put it pass them.  the irony being that i don't smoke the stuff

Edited by malibukid
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ezzra said:

On a one hand, soon, you will be able to grow marijuana freely and on the other you can use it, now i'm looking for marijuana precipices for salads and cookies baking, anyone have any?...

Here's my favorite:

Step 1: roll a joint

Step 2: make a salad

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, thcosh said:

if someone is stupid enough to think that we have been waiting for his decision to get high with weed freely since 20 years...

... exactly, or 30 or 40 years for that matter.

Plus some good coin could/can be made all the time as well ... please remind me again how much tax has been/is paid in that always wildly buzzing trade - and I mean always, as in 'at any given time' or 'never not' .

What can you say, 555 ... idiots for the most part, and not only here in TH ... 

1 hour ago, PadPrikKhing said:

That fan setup is far from optimal... they're blowing straight across the top of the canopy (and up too high), but in indoor cultivation you really need strong air also aimed to blow down low, moving all the leaves around and circulating the air down there between the pots. I foresee powdery mildew and other problems for that crop.

Why don't you let them know? I'm sure they'd appreciate your expert input. ????

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

GTG's first hemp crop

https://www.gtg.co.th/

goldentrianglecrop.jpg

Wow, Hemp. Amazing.... What can it be used for? Feeding animals?

In any other country it is grown on large fields.... Nothing to see here. Thailand only I can say.

If there wouldn't been an import ban for another 2 years no way they could compete with overseas CBD extracts even with a more favorable climate in Thailand.