Investigation called after Thong Lo cops "line up to get something" at Chinese New Year!

webfact

4 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

AND AGAIN I SAY

The solution is simple pay the police a liveable wage so that they do not need the graft.  

Start at 9000 a month for a beat cop rookie with the government providing the equipment

explain that if they are caught accepting gifts they are canned and serve a year in jail.

after a year raise it to 11000.  

Then base it on promotion.

add an extra 2 k if they can pass an English or Chinese test

Maybe give a family allowance to help

Not only will this relieve some of the corruption but you will start ot get a better educated police officer that can read and write Thai

9,000 a month I think they will stick with what they have

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moe666 said:

9,000 a month I think they will stick with what they have

I think most would be happy 

Police officers earn an average of 14,760 baht per month but junior positions pay much less, between 6,800 and 8,340 baht, and officers have to buy their own guns and even office supplies.

10 hours ago, shackleton said:

If its Chinese tradition over the New Year  to hand out envelopes with money in to people including the police 

Whats the big deal its not public money 

"Whats the big deal its not public money"

You obviously don't understand what corruption is, so let me try to explain:-

You want to secure a contract for building a new hotel. You put in a quote that is much cheaper than your competitors, and your specs are to a far higher standard, and you include penalty clauses etc if you do not complete on time etc etc etc, but you don't get the contract, and you wonder why?

Maybe it's all down to "Chinese tradition"  to hand out envelopes with money in to "people" including the police?

In much the same way as a billionaire who is heir to a major construction company fortune becomes Minister of Public Health, and Deputy Prime Minister? Anything to do with his work in promoting the values of Health and Safety in the workplace? Hmmm? Doubtful!

And in the same way as one of the other Deputy Prime Ministers of Thailand (They have 6 - SIX apparently) was not charged for not declaring certain assets before taking up office, viz 18 "luxury watches" to the value of 22 million baht, which upon further investigaton revealed a further 9 watches making a total value of more than 40 million baht. Apparently, these watches were "borrowed from a friend", and he could not return them because his friend had died - and anyway, he had "forgotten about them"! Who borrows watches from a friend anyway, and to the value of 40 million baht, and then "forgets about them"? Doubtful!

So, just remind me - you think that because it's not "Public Money" it's OK?

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1