Police investigating after wife of top German defender Mats Hummels reportedly attacked and robbed while in Phuket

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The wife of German national defender and center back for Bundesliga team Borussia Dortmund Mats Hummels,33, said in an interview that she was attacked and robbed while visiting Phuket, reported Thai Rath.

Cathy Hummels (nee Fischer) was giving an interview to a sports site when she spoke of the incident. 

In the interview it was not mentioned exactly where and when the incident occurred. 

She said that she was attacked from behind and hit many times thinking she might die. 

She told the robber to take whatever he wanted, just let her live.

The man fled with her iPhone and Cathy ran back to the hotel.

She said that she immediately called the police and gave a description of her attacker then that evening flew to see her son Ludwig in Dubai.

The story has not been in the Thai news.

Thai Rath contacted the chief of Phuket police Pol Maj-Gen Sermphan Sirikhong who said that the first he heard of the incident was from the media who contacted him.

He promised to find out where and when it happened and get to the bottom of the incident. 

Stay tuned to ASEAN NOW for updates.

Thai Rath noted that this was the latest bad press for the southern Thai holiday island famous for its "sandbox reopening" to foreign tourists.

Just last week a gangland hit saw a man murdered by two hitmen. Police are still investigating that brazen crime in Rawai. 

Health insurance plans that meet the long stay visa requirements

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-10

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

Famous footballer’s wife says she was robbed, brutally attacked during her stay in Phuket

By Panithan Onthaworn

screenshot_16672.jpg

Cathy Hummels, a German TV presenter and the wife of German International and Dortmund centerback Mats Hummels, said she was robbed and brutally attacked while walking on the beach in Phuket. 

Hummels was in Thailand to film her TV show Battle of the Reality Stars. After completing production last week, the attack occurred while she was relaxing on the beach before her return flight.

“Something bad happened … the most horrible experience in my life,” she wrote on her latest post on Instagram. “I did not know if I would survive this.” 

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/37389/famous-footballers-wife-says-she-was-robbed-brutally-attacked-during-her-stay-in-phuket/

ti.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-02-10

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Crime everywhere. Third year in a row and no end in sight to this pandemic. One variant after another wreaking havoc with mounting desperation. Good luck selling that iPhone. It can be traced with the Find My app on another Apple device with the same iCloud account.

Tja... Hunger macht böse

• Like 1

I don't doubt the ladies story at all, except the brutal part, to me, brutally attacked would normally mean you would end up in hospital or a coma at worst.

I don't smell a rat, but what a way to get some good publicity for your up coming "Battle of the realty stars" soon to be screened on a TV network near you, badda bing, badda bang, badda booooom.

Couldn't be worse. Hope they catch the person with mobile still on them.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1