‘Visit Thailand Year 2022: Amazing New Chapters’ envisioned Thai tourism transformation

webfact

They need to hurry up on that digital nomad visa. They are missing out on a potential influx of digital nomads who make good money, and will spend it in Thailand long term. These people might not work for a traditional company though, so I'm afraid it will be the same old "Must have a degree. Must have a work permit. Must have referrals, blah blah blah." That won't work.
Make it easy and they will come!

• Like 1

I applaud the effort to revive the Thai tourism industry with new initiatives to attract foreign tourists.  However, every time the government announces some new initiative, they come up with these grandiose figures of what these initiatives will generate in terms of income and the number of visitors.  They have never even been close to the numbers they project and won't be this time.  I am still waiting to see how close to the 200,000 arrivals they projected for February??  Anyone making investment decisions based on government figures will be sorely disappointed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Doubt most tourists will still be awake after reading that job justification insanity ????

Agree & gives me the opinion that there was a brain storming session made up from a group of newly employed post graduates who are all trying to impress .

What I would like to see is a census of previous tourists , asking them why they came to Thailand for a holiday . I would bet that the most popular reason would be for the night life & ladies . Here lies the catch 22 question . No tourists coming because  the bars are mostly closed and thus no ladies . When the bars open there will be few if any tourists because the high season has gone . Also booking a long haul flight and applying for a Thai pass along with pcr tests in Thailand is a mine field to say the least . Unless you are a fanatic of Thai temples , Thailand has little to offer tourists IMO . I get the notion that the Thai government have not thought their renaissance through . On the other hand I think that Phuket will be prosperous once all restrictions are removed . 

• Thanks 1

TAT wants International tourists to enter the digital age presumably they are to create virtual tourism of course without quarantine and no restrictions but where is the money in stay at home imaginary tourism zero baht or have I missed some thing?

‘Visit Thailand Year 2022: Amazing New Chapters’ envisioned Thai tourism transformation

Special of the Year!
Sign up for the 100,000 THB, 10 day tour of a private hospital quarantine facility.  This will be an experience we promise that you will never forget!  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

As the rest of the world ditches masks, if Thailand remains one of the hold-outs, their tourist numbers will suffer. 
Of course the tourist will come here from their country that no longer requires masking, they be stopped and fined by the BIB, and will promptly react with a, "But!  I didn't know! Why do I have to wear a mask while outside on a half-empty beach?"
Of course if they read AseanNow, they'll find out as our pro-masking members will point out - "It's The Law.  You Are a Guest In Thailand.  Get Your Mask On!"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Meanwhile, Thailand's answer to Pixie and Dixie dream up more looney tune track, trace, swab, imprison and extort schemes to ensure their added to every travel agents blacklist worldwide.

The Thai Hi-So elites and the TAT will market all those at "Value-Added."  :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Amazing new Chapters starting with

Chapter 1. The Sandbox

2.  The Travel Bubble

3. Bubble and Seal

4. The Hospitel (Paid by you and you alone)

5. Test and Go, but maybe test again and be forced into a Hospitel, or Hospital

6. Test and do not Go (canceled due to fear)

7. Test and Go, but now test by PCR not only on day 1 but on day 5 and need for a                            Hotel quarantine stay for day 5's test

8. ( Fill in the blanks)......

8.  Test and Go straight to Covid Prison.
9.  Test and Go to the bank, give Thailand all of your money, and then Go Straight Home.
10.  Test and Go to the most boring cities in the world, Go to a Speak-Easy to have a little fun, Eat a Salad with Marijuana Leaves, Smoke a spiff because you believe marijuana is legal (Hell, you had a marijuana salad with marijuana dressing and marijuana bagel with marijuana tea! How could it be illegal), Get Busted for illegal narcotics anyway <confused ????>, Go to Jail, Get Deported, Go Home and tell your friends to book a holiday anywhere but Thailand. 

Edited by connda
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BadSpottedDog said:

They need to hurry up on that digital nomad visa. They are missing out on a potential influx of digital nomads who make good money

That would be digital nomads who declare their taxable income as to meet the Thai financial requirements.  The problem being is that most of the young digital nomads have 'potential earning capability or if they are making a s***-ton of money its likely obfuscated in cryptocurrency or tied up in investments where they have unrealized capital gains.  
This place isn't going to draw digital nomads who prefer a modicum of freedom which is the hallmark of being a digital nomad.  Then eventually the Thai Einsteins will put the skill sets required to be a digital nomad on the "Protected Skills List" so that Thai uni grads don't have to compete with the sharper minds of highly motivated anarcho-capitalists whose earnings are better suited for a tropical Caribbean safe-haven tax shelter. Just a matter of time.  They'll kill the geese laying golden eggs.  They can't help themselves.  They always do.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Partenavia said:

I just do not understand why they assume this will work, surely one department in TAT is monitoring what other countries are doing. They end up tying themselves up in knots with pointless bureaucracy.

I doubt that they pay the slightest attention to what the rest of the world is doing. Remember, for these people Thailand is the centre of the world, why should they bother about the fringes?

Besides, they have acquiesced in the utter ruin of the existing tourist industry and are happily occupying themselves by creating an imaginary Shangri-La of "well healed visitors"! 

Reality has no meaning to these clowns!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand TIT but at least they’re trying to get a few tourists in. 555.

Here in NZ absolutely nothing tourist wise will even be considered until at least October. Most of the country, more than 90% of all people over 12 are fully vaccinated and about 40% boostered. Covid numbers are at all time highs, we can not attend sports events, all concerts have been cancelled, all functions of more than 100 fully vaccinated are banned. Those unvaccinated can do almost nothing, no bars, no restaurants and no travel anywhere. The unvaccinated can legally only attend supermarkets and doctors! If a bar is caught with unvaccinated people then the staff on duty and the owner are heavily fined.

I will certainly be doing my best to return to thailand, I do wish it was easier to get there, but it is what it is! 

• Like 2