US DEA agents and Thai police commandos mount raids across Thailand: "Jay Chiang Rai" in custody

webfact

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Given that it seems like a million yaba pills is couch-change these days - there have been busts of 10 mm and 6.6 mm pills in the last few weeks -  this one seems strange?

not to the DEA... all the others are Thai issues.

1 hour ago, Excel said:

Perhaps there was a need for the US DEA to have a presence in these raids so that the Thai police didn't let them "escape" after picking up a few brown envelopes.  Perhaps more of these type of raids with an international police presence would help to get these drug dealers off the streets.

....they should contact Thaksin for a copy of his 'how to do' plan.

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Given that it seems like a million yaba pills is couch-change these days - there have been busts of 10 mm and 6.6 mm pills in the last few weeks -  this one seems strange?

The really big busts in Laos were for amounts that far exceeded the amount that would have kept the population high for many months. Those consignments were meant for abroad. This bust in Thailand seems to be for lower down in the supply chain, near or at the consumer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

What on earth are US DEA agents doing in Thailand? Will they also be shipping the perps off to the US? I have a real problem with the US seeing its legal jurisdiction extended to the whole world.

a lot of heroin and meth shipped out of Thailand were seized in the past months. international dealers get international attention. I guess the US intel beat Aussie intel to the punch

11 hours ago, Excel said:

Perhaps there was a need for the US DEA to have a presence in these raids so that the Thai police didn't let them "escape" after picking up a few brown envelopes.  Perhaps more of these type of raids with an international police presence would help to get these drug dealers off the streets.

Back in the 70s there was a significant number of DEA officers in Chiang Mai.  They would track the heroin from Burma into Ching Mai and see it loaded to get taken to BKK.  The DEA did no have the power of stop and search , nor the power of arrest. They had to contact the Thai police  and hand over the job of intercepting them en route.  Amazingly  many cars /pick=ups  were found to be devoid of any drugs .............

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

What on earth are US DEA agents doing in Thailand? Will they also be shipping the perps off to the US? I have a real problem with the US seeing its legal jurisdiction extended to the whole world.

Damn, Pedro. What on Earth are US donated vaccines doing in Thailand?  Would you rather the DEA comes in to take out Thailand’s trash, or should the PM order all Thai police to go home and watch CSI, as he did with the Erawan Shrine bomb tragedy?

• Confused 1

What do you mean you have a real problem with DEA in Thailand, Pedro?  A literal  problem?  Feeling worried?  Nausea, fatigue, headache, cold sweats, night terrors, anxiety, paranoi?  I think you might want to turn yourself in, do your time, and learn a new trade other than the drug trade. 555

• Confused 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

Land and title deeds for 14 houses in Chiang Rai, Narathiwas, Phatthalung and Pathum Thani plus one pick-up were seized totalling 42.8 million baht in value.

22 hours ago, webfact said:

This led to the arrest of a man called Phaosi Awaemae in January and the seizure of 50 million baht in drug assets. 

So crime does pay?

10 minutes ago, bbko said:

So crime does pay?

Of course crime pays, otherwise people would not be doing it. Is it that hard to understand that drugs are highly profitable?

If they legalize cannabis then that trade colapses as prices will come down. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, robblok said:

If they legalize cannabis then that trade colapses as prices will come down. 

Cannabis? These folks were caught dealing yaba. 

If legal drugs are ok in your book, why so many anti-alcohol rants?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, bbko said:

Cannabis? These folks were caught dealing yaba. 

If legal drugs are ok in your book, why so many anti-alcohol rants?

Yes I was giving an example about cannabis, i know this was Yabba. Point was more that drug trade is so profitable because its illegal. During the prohibition in the US gangsters made huge amounts of money on alcohol. It all boils down to the fact of something being legal or not. (the profitability) 

I am not anti-alcohol, but its just more damaging then cannabis and too many alcohol users look down on cannabis users. Just pointing out that their drug of choice is more damaging.

I am actually pro drugs as long as people don't bother others. (that includes alcohol) But there are quite a few alcohol users that don't want to admit that what they take is a drug too and one that is classified as more harmful then cannabis by scientists.

You have to read my posts in that light. Not that I am against alcohol. Personally, i am not taking cannabis or alcohol. I have taken cannabis in the past alcohol too but both just don't align with my weight loss goals. If cannabis did not have the munchies effect i would surely take it again. Alcohol just does not do it for me (taste wise).

I don't care if people drink themselves to dead or use other drugs and kill themselves as long as they don't take others with them by driving a car or committing violence. 

But the remark in this topic was about the profitability of the drug trade its huge, and so is the profitability of the alcohol trade, I hope for the sake of those that like alcohol that the market finally opens to smaller breweries. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

It was common knowledge years ago monitoring the so called Golden Triangle they my have even had a office in CM, I think you will find a few American law enforcement agencies operating in Thailand covering south east Asia, I saw a video of them chasing pedophiles and shipping them back to America  

15 hours ago, humqdpf said:

The really big busts in Laos

I was referring to seizures within Thailand.

Police Seize Over 15 Million Meth Pills in Northern Thailand

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/news/police-seize-over-15-million-meth-pills-in-northern-thailand/

A drug courier was arrested and 6.6 million meth pills were seized after a car chase in Mae Sai district of Chiang Rai province on Wednesday. 

Meanwhile, Provincial Police Region 5 commissioner, Pol Lt Gen Piya Tawichai, reported 8.6 methamphetamine pills were seized at police checkpoints across three northern provinces.

Nary a week, or even day, goes by without a large meth seizure.

And yes, given the volumes, much of this must be going off-shore; thailand appears to be a reasonably safe transhipment country.

meth.jpg

22 hours ago, Excel said:

Perhaps more of these type of raids with an international police presence would help to get these drug dealers off the streets.

Unlikely, there's always someone else ready to step into vacated positions. Too much money to be made.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2022 at 5:17 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

American imperial power corrupting the world. Nixon invented the war on drugs then exported it. The war on drugs is a war on the people. The DEA and their corruption killed more people in Mexico than actual drugs. 

I would like to use the HaHa emoji but I cannot.