Bangkok to bury all overhead cables underground within 3 years

webfact

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

That is going to make fixing your broken wifi connection much more difficult.

Never mind the disruption to traffic. Foot and vehicle.

Well firstly it will make cables much less susceptible to damage in the first place and also any wise digital provider will install a goodly amount of redundancy in the form of extra connections so that it's just a matter switching to a new route.

And, of course it's not your problem anyway, is it.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

any wise digital provider will install a goodly amount of redundancy

Therein lies the flaw in the logic.

History shows us that they will worry about tomorrow's problems - tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

And, of course it's not your problem anyway, is it.

It would be if I used a Thai provider and my wifi is down.

However, I use a private business provider.

All underground cables on private land.

7 hours ago, DezLez said:

Don't they make this same statement every three years?

Yes. I'm wondering if they will sort these cables/totally remove all the excess and then put it underground, or?

Further, are the trenches or whatever being dug, lined, filled etc., according to a specific global specification, and are they flood proof? And are records being kept for the future so that the location of old cables/placement of old cbles is documented and easily accessible?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Yes. I'm wondering if they will sort these cables/totally remove all the excess and then put it underground, or?

Further, are the trenches or whatever being dug, lined, filled etc., according to a specific global specification, and are they flood proof? And are records being kept for the future so that the location of old cables/placement of old cbles is documented and easily accessible?

Have a look at the post above this.  

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Hilarious.  Large parts of Bangkok have been done already and it has made a huge difference.  And they have done it very professionally.  But don't let that stop your cheap Somchai jibes.

Screenshot 2022-02-15 at 4.40.40 PM.png

Wow, can you show us on a map where?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Have a look at the post above this.  

Thanks, seen this before, I'd like to see some evidence this is really under Bangkok. 

Given what I've watched them do in Chiang Mai (not Bangkok), I don't believe it. 

• Like 1

"chairs the sub-committee on the organisation of electrical cables"

lucky that they already have such a subcommittee - that will save 3 years.

I note the words "electrical cables"  and I suspect there may be a get-out clause in this.......  if they only bury electrical cables and leave all the data cables for somebody else.....

11 hours ago, webfact said:

All overhead cables in Bangkok will be buried underground within the next three years, it has been revealed.

Let me go on the record "revealing" that I very much doubt it!

I've read far too many nonsensical announcements like this one before, and if anything, they've added MORE wires wherever I look.

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

Thanks, seen this before, I'd like to see some evidence this is really under Bangkok. 

Given what I've watched them do in Chiang Mai (not Bangkok), I don't believe it. 

Ok, I can't prove it.   Maybe it is under Phnom Penh, I haven't been underground to take my own pictures, sorry. So can I ask you where you think it is?  I am all ears. 

Bangkok is a massive city with huge infrastructure and there are pictures of the tunnels to house electrical and other cables.  Why wouldn't I believe them?  Where do you think they are?