Famous presenter's sister arrested by Thai police for 13 million baht fraud

webfact

Lots of GOOD DEALS these days from Crypto Scams to Foreign Exchange

Scams promising multi thousands of dollars profit if you just UPPED

your minimum " INVESTMENT " ......

plus  ITEMS at too good to be believed prices offered through ads

posted in Social Medias through " drop ship " method and NO WAY

to claim your money back if you're not satisfied , even through PayPal.

13 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Souns like the people in Pattaya who recently invested with a guy who worked in a well know bank. They are offered fabulous returns then are surprised when it turns out to be a scam.

It was very well executed though, it took over 10 years in the making, takes some serious cunning skills.

That scam is almost a piece of modern art, the perpetrator should enlist for "Asia's Got Talent", I'd wager he has his chances to win the contest!

Edited by NanaSomchai

23 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I know of a Thai woman (well educated and well to do) who was scammed out of 400k Baht in a similar fashion. She sent the money to an acquaintance with the promise of 8% return in 10 days... When she didn't get her money back, she was told she could get paid back in beauty products instead for the same value ????

Her husband lost his <deleted> and their relationship has been very rocky since then unfortunately.

She also had to get a lawyer and is suing the scammer, which has been ongoing for almost a year now and with no positive results yet.

I asked her why she did it, she said because her income had decreased during Covid while her expenses increased due to her helping out struggling relatives. 

What a world we live in...

Irrespective of their level of education, many Thai women always strike me as remarkably naive. Add to that the imperative that they feel for helping relatives, which is in so many ways praiseworthy, but so often causes them problems...

As you say, what a world we live in!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Thanks 1