How do Thai women compare with Western women as a wife?

webfact

After reading 11 pages of this:

getting married in Thailand is like buying a lottery ticket, there are some winners and many suckers who lose. I don’t see a reason to marry in Thailand.

Similarly, i don’t see a reason to have a girlfriend in Thailand. Better to play the field, and cheaper in the long run.

16 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I've only ever had oil massages once or twice. I don't like them, felt like I was greased and wanted a shower immediately.

I have traditional legitimate Thai massages 3 or 4 times a week, half to one hour. My regular masseuse is 60 yo, she knows the level for me which stays below discomfort.

I used to have a masseuse in the village, but she would not back off when I told her it hurt. Some listen, some don't.

Of course one has to have a shower after an oil massage. I'd have thought that goes without saying.

The only decent Thai massages I had were at the massage school at the temple in Bkk- forget the name, but near the Grand Palace. They would reduce the pressure if asked.

Worst ever was on Lamai beach- 1/2 hour of agony, but I didn't want to make a fuss and look like a woose so I endured it, but never went back for another.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

After reading 11 pages of this:

getting married in Thailand is like buying a lottery ticket, there are some winners and many suckers who lose. I don’t see a reason to marry in Thailand.

Similarly, i don’t see a reason to have a girlfriend in Thailand. Better to play the field, and cheaper in the long run.

I had a B G girlfriend in LOS, as on holiday I liked to head to the beach ASAP and didn't want to spend time looking through the 100s of girls in Pattaya to find one I liked enough to spend 2 weeks with.

Worked out well as we became a team, as it were, and she knew to stay in a restaurant with the bags while I looked for a place, without me having to explain it every time.

Had to be a B G as a normal working woman wouldn't be able to go off for 2 or 3 weeks whenever. When I was married, my wife was lucky to get a week off, and one can't go far on a weekend.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Reminds me of when I took a Nana gal to Kanchanaburi for a weekend. On the tour bus returning to Bkk there were only a few people. Couple of older Australian women and a young western guy. The women didn't sit near the guy or converse with him during the trip, but at the end made a great show of saying goodbye to him, which was for my benefit, to show their disapproval for me having a young and attractive female with me. I had to restrain myself from openly laughing at them.

Ironically, there is a not insignificant chance that the young western guy was up to things that they might approve even less of.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

True enough. Some older guys make a conscious effort to stay active and healthy to keep up with the younger Thai wife.

”Oh Ruby, don’t take your love to town”.

So Ruby, if you take your love to town, just make sure you spend enough time there so I can arrange for one of those Tinder-girls half your age to keep me com-pa-nee

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

So Ruby, if you take your love to town, just make sure you spend enough time there so I can arrange for one of those Tinder-girls half your age to keep me com-pa-nee

At least we know we have some options, living and loving in the Land of Smiles.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 7:36 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Reminds me of when I took a Nana gal to Kanchanaburi for a weekend. On the tour bus returning to Bkk there were only a few people. Couple of older Australian women and a young western guy. The women didn't sit near the guy or converse with him during the trip, but at the end made a great show of saying goodbye to him, which was for my benefit, to show their disapproval for me having a young and attractive female with me. I had to restrain myself from openly laughing at them.

Or in a lift the stares lol

Old hag from west 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2022 at 7:22 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Of course one has to have a shower after an oil massage. I'd have thought that goes without saying.

The only decent Thai massages I had were at the massage school at the temple in Bkk- forget the name, but near the Grand Palace. They would reduce the pressure if asked.

Worst ever was on Lamai beach- 1/2 hour of agony, but I didn't want to make a fuss and look like a woose so I endured it, but never went back for another.

Thai massages are for under 60yos. Too strong for older bodies.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:22 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

The massage school is at Wat Po.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, YITB1980 said:

After playing the field for a bit, I made the calculation....What do I have to lose in trying the "relationship thing". Being a long way from home, I will say it is kinda cool to have someone who is on your team and cares about you in the same way you care about them. In my case, so far so good.

At once you find someone who go along easily, and understand it is you two against the world, and not against each other to exploit each other, it could be a good start on something.

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 2

Question:

How has your partner's Buddhist faith impacted your relationship?

I am not a Buddhist, but have done a few long stay meditation retreats in Thailand and am a little familiar with the local flavor and some of the teachings of their great monks, like Ajan Chah.  That has made a lot of middle class Thai women really warm up to me. 

I read a social research paper claiming that a plurality of Thai women turn away from sex in their 50's to work on accruing reincarnation merit. True?

Is your partner's Buddhism a positive, a neutral, or something you just politely tolerate?

8 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Question:

I am not a Buddhist, but have done a few long stay meditation retreats in Thailand and am a little familiar with the local flavor and some of the teachings of their great monks, like Ajan Chah.  That has made a lot of middle class Thai women really warm up to me. 

I read a social research paper claiming that a plurality of Thai women turn away from sex in their 50's to work on accruing reincarnation merit. True?

Is your partner's Buddhism a positive, a neutral, or something you just politely tolerate?

Same as others. People are people. They care $ not Buddha.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Has anyone here met a Thai person who seemed to be a devout, very moral Buddhist who lived their faith?

I have met many. 

The Thai bastardisation of Buddism is not a faith/calling - it is invariably a convenience.

There are so many hypocrisies and inconsistencies born out of ignorance and greed  -  but that doesn't make it much different from other religions.

I wonder if Thais understand that merit making doesn't guarantee a better life - now, or the next one. Have they considered that their current life might be as good as it gets and the next one could be worse?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Question:

My wife's Buddhism never featured much in her life.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Not true,

All women turn away from sex in their 40s/50s.

When their womb stops working, they stop having sex.

It's not religion but biological programming.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I wonder if Thais understand that merit making doesn't guarantee a better life - now, or the next one. Have they considered that their current life might be as good as it gets and the next one could be worse?

You can say the same about every person's religious beliefs all over the world. 

• Like 1