Prayut denies allegations that he mishandled Covid response

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He also denied allegedly mishandling the Covid-19 outbreak.

I wouldn't expect any different answer from him, denial has and will be his legacy .........never saw and/or heard anyone, to be  honest enough to acknowledge any wrong doing even when caught with their hand in the candy jar......

• Like 1

"“Everyone who is sitting here is based on the 2017 constitution and the people who were in power are now performing new duties that are based on a new constitution and a new law,” he said during parliament debate on Thursday. "

so it is different because everyone in the junta just moved one chair to the right, and now do the job of the person who was previously sitting there?

now that we have established how the new government was setup, it now makes sense why no one knows how to their new job because their expertise was for their old job.

8 hours ago, mikebell said:

From the above article;

'Only 4.45% of the population has been fully vaccinated now, a far cry from the original promises of herd immunity and at least 1 vaccine for everyone in Thailand by October. Nikkei Asia quoted an observer as saying that the government couldn’t wrap their heads around the enormity of the problem and leaned towards political caution rather than medical caution when preparing a vaccine rollout, not wanting to overestimate and jump the gun on vaccine procurement.' - Thaiger.

Why use  commentary from that date last year ? Not defending Prayut and co but at that time  many countries were struggling and some still are ! There are fundamental issues with the Thai Govt. that are much more specific to Thailand other than a global generic mishandling of the declared pandemic.

I think he just does not understand.  When I watch him on TV he truly appears lost.  So in his mind according to the reported numbers he did OK with COVID.  But many businesses are closed and this is not the same fun, spontaneous Thailand as before.  So if I were a working Thai raising a family struggling to get by, I would disagree with Cha Cha and think that many things could have been handled better.

42 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

I think he just does not understand.  When I watch him on TV he truly appears lost.  So in his mind according to the reported numbers he did OK with COVID.  But many businesses are closed and this is not the same fun, spontaneous Thailand as before.  So if I were a working Thai raising a family struggling to get by, I would disagree with Cha Cha and think that many things could have been handled better.

GF has just gone down to Khao San road with her two cousins to see how things are going on a Friday night.  She video called me and showed me a nearly deserted Friday night 10pm Khao San Rd.  She also told me they were no longer checking vaccine certificates or such when she walked in.  Entertainment venues have taken a definite hit along with businesses and restaurants thanks to the response by this regime.  Here in the US almost everything is back to normal, mask wearing is up to you and not a requirement except in certain locations like the airports and medical facilities.  Omicron is on the backside of the spike with fewer cases daily except among the unvaccinated.  Only time will tell for Thailand.  The graphs showing the cases Thailand is supposedly having versus the rest of the world are two entirely different critters from my view.  The Thailand cases do not even resemble those of the countries who have gone through Omicron, and I believe this is due to a lack of true testing.  Funny how Thailand wants to be the center of the universe yet they can not even get the vaccinations completed to cover the whole population including the elderly and then they do not seem to give a rats <deleted> about testing and being transparent.  Testing the tourist/travelers/returning expats 3x's the rate of normal citizens is also a load of feces....all about money, not wanting to spend it and not wanting to let go of a few cash cows.......

• Like 2