Is online reporting this easy? Or am I missing something?

Because the last website was terrible and didn't work very well.

Often rejected when registering eg. for using a  non gmail email address.

When you got a new yearly extension it would sometimes not accept the next 90 day report.

I did 7 in a row then had to go in person. New website seems better (touch wood)

Oh, and some people are too bone idle to do it.

Not internet savvy.

Or just like a day out ????

Edited by RAZZELL

9 hours ago, davidst01 said:

I was going to post the link here but now cannot find it in the bookmark that I thought I added.

Look at the top of page 1 of the this forum and you will see a pinned topic about the new online reporting site.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I was asking just the same .. Last Friday afternoon, I did mine for the first time. I was a little confused about “visa expiry” which I chanced as the date my extension runs out and if there was a need to complete the “home owners name” I pressed “submit” fully expecting to visit the local office to resubmit by hand.

I was amazed to find a reply in my inbox yesterday morning.

10 hours ago, davidst01 said:

Maybe someone can add the link below. 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Anyways a few months ago

Coming up for another report soon?

am I missing something?

Besides the conformation of your submission of a report, you were able to locate and print the Next Report Date form, right?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Besides the conformation of your submission of a report, you were able to locate and print the Next Report Date form, right?

A valid point, some have confused the email from immigration acknowledging that the information has been received with the email of acceptance of report + next report date info.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, davidst01 said:

Why would anyone choose to visit an immigration centre if its so easy to do it online?

Because they had no choice?

I successfully used the previous online system a number of times, but also failed several times, generally after a new extension. Earlier this month I tried the new system, and was optimistic after reading reports like that of the OP.

Unfortunately, the reply of "REJECTED" came back after a couple of days. Unlike the old system, there was no explanation as to why the report had failed. I tried again, making slight changes to the address (which hasn't changed in five years), and once again received the "REJECTED" reply after a few days.

So, I made the extremely long trek to MTT to report in person. I made an appointment online, but then arrived early due to light traffic, and they told me I would have to wait the 30 minutes until my appointment time. Ok, fair enough, so can I just take a regular queue number instead? "No." So, I sat in the garage waiting area for half an hour while those who arrived after me without appointments went in and did their reports.

Once I was allowed in to see an officer, she pointed to a place on my form and asked, "this is your room number?" Yes. "You have to put in the room number and house number to use the online system." Yes, I did that twice and was rejected twice. "Well, you can try again next time." Very helpful indeed, that really explained things for me.

So, OP, I'm glad the system worked for you, but no, it doesn't work for everyone.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Unfortunately, the reply of "REJECTED" came back after a couple of days. Unlike the old system, there was no explanation as to why the report had failed.

Yeah, this is a major flaw. If a person takes the time to review and to reject an application then they should take the extra minute to write the reason. They did this with the old system, maybe not 100% of the time, but I did get a reason for my one real rejection with the OLD system, in ADMIN remarks, my issue: missing middle name.

3 hours ago, khunjeff said:

she pointed to a place on my form and asked, "this is your room number?" Yes. "You have to put in the room number and house number to use the online system."

It would be awesome if they simple gave detailed instructions on data entry.

My best guess is that all details must/may/should match those given on your last report, and/or extension of stay (TM.7)?

But why be forced to guess?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jesimps said:

For some reason couldn't get to the final print off next reporting date stage on my Windows 10 laptop, but all ok on my Android cellphone. Copied receipt to laptop and printed it.

But it's a regular pdf .. I couldn't even see it on my iPhone mail app, I needed to get to a computer to download and print, so there is something special about it.

• Like 1

I could never get the old system to work.

Back in December , when the new system was up and running, I registered and almost immediately received a password. It puzzled me because it contained an asterisk and an exclamation mark. However, I saved it and when my report came due I copied and pasted it into the correct slot. It came up "incorrect data", but offered me "Forget Password?" Used that, received an EMail immediately offering a "reset Password", which I used, carefully using letters and numbers only. That worked and I received an acknowledgement within seconds

Two days later an EMail came through with an attachment allowing me to print off a proper receipt. The system worked this time.

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yeah, this is a major flaw. If a person takes the time to review and to reject an application then they should take the extra minute to write the reason. They did this with the old system, maybe not 100% of the time, but I did get a reason for my one real rejection with the OLD system, in ADMIN remarks, my issue: missing middle name.

It would be awesome if they simple gave detailed instructions on data entry.

My best guess is that all details must/may/should match those given on your last report, and/or extension of stay (TM.7)?

But why be forced to guess?

Correct-I always check data entry against last report to make sure it matches exactly

7 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Because they had no choice?

I successfully used the previous online system a number of times, but also failed several times, generally after a new extension. Earlier this month I tried the new system, and was optimistic after reading reports like that of the OP.

Unfortunately, the reply of "REJECTED" came back after a couple of days. Unlike the old system, there was no explanation as to why the report had failed. I tried again, making slight changes to the address (which hasn't changed in five years), and once again received the "REJECTED" reply after a few days.

So, I made the extremely long trek to MTT to report in person. I made an appointment online, but then arrived early due to light traffic, and they told me I would have to wait the 30 minutes until my appointment time. Ok, fair enough, so can I just take a regular queue number instead? "No." So, I sat in the garage waiting area for half an hour while those who arrived after me without appointments went in and did their reports.

Once I was allowed in to see an officer, she pointed to a place on my form and asked, "this is your room number?" Yes. "You have to put in the room number and house number to use the online system." Yes, I did that twice and was rejected twice. "Well, you can try again next time." Very helpful indeed, that really explained things for me.

So, OP, I'm glad the system worked for you, but no, it doesn't work for everyone.

My experience re the new system, if it gets rejected just keep re-submitting it, in my case it was rejected twice and approved on the third submission.

All the required fields I was required to enter in the new form were exactly as per the fields submitted on the old system's form, which did work great until I had an annual visa renewal. (suspect the old overstay fake data point alert screwed me) 

I think I recall that initial submissions might be machine approved and continuing rejected ones are human approved. 

Anyway, for what it's worth, give it a go.

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

Coming up for another report soon?

image.png.641c5dacfc74bdef3191210061d93bfa.png

In the User's Guide link, there are 3 excellent videos on how to do everything. 

1 hour ago, berrec said:

My experience re the new system, if it gets rejected just keep re-submitting it, in my case it was rejected twice and approved on the third submission.

All the required fields I was required to enter in the new form were exactly as per the fields submitted on the old system's form, which did work great until I had an annual visa renewal. (suspect the old overstay fake data point alert screwed me) 

I think I recall that initial submissions might be machine approved and continuing rejected ones are human approved. 

Anyway, for what it's worth, give it a go.

Berrec is that with the same account and password, or did you start completely over again?

On 2/22/2022 at 6:13 PM, ubonjoe said:

I don't recall seeing that before on the site.

Video user guide for Registration click here VDO Guide for register.
        Video user guide for new application click here VDO Guide for New Application.
        Video user guide for check status click here VDO Guide check status.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, berrec said:

Video user guide for Registration click here VDO Guide for register.
        Video user guide for new application click here VDO Guide for New Application.
        Video user guide for check status click here VDO Guide check status.

I was only trying to say it was new. I was not disputing what your wrote.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I was only trying to say it was new. I was not disputing what your wrote.

No problem, let me add, IMHO they are really excellent video productions done by professionals.

The new 90-day online reporting system is starting to come together, getting to the success point of the 3 R's of IT;  resiliency, reliability and the last one recoverability (still holding off on the last one until they incur their first system crash and or malware infection). 

The above (recoverability success factor) will test the investments they made in both security and backup and recovery infrastructures. 

They are definitely, after years of frustration and pain on the right path to delivering finally, an excellent Imm 90-day online reporting system. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, berrec said:

The new 90-day online reporting system is starting to come together

...after seven years.

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together.

Insert thank you sir may I have another meme here.

Still no feedback on Rejected applications. If a person has taken the time to review and reject an application they can take 1 minute to document the reason however cryptically - throw us a bone - to be included in the email. I've seen some reports of this but have my doubts on the veracity of these claims.

The mandatory fields, denoted by a red asterisk, are misleading? Are those the only required fields? Are we left to guess which other ones might be required? Yes, we can fill them all in, so maybe just make them all mandatory. Do you need the "building name", and what's with the owner name, is that if you're staying in a house, owned by a thai? What are the acceptable variations in building naming conventions? And what's with Lane/Road? Is that one thing or two? Street, then next main road as is the convention sometimes here?

Many registration systems offer checks while completing them, with messages prompting for missing or incorrect data. None here.

Is the new system better than the old ones? For me, no. But at least I can submit a report. Based on feedback here and on FB, the new system appears to be much better. That it works seems to shock people who then gush about how great it is. But that's thailand.

Yes, the videos are good. They could tone down the keyboard clatter. There are other user-created videos on Youtube which are equally good.

Yes, the email system is much improved: quick feedback, close-in reminders, real address not directed to Spam folder.

Baby steps.

Edited by mtls2005

16 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Do you need the "building name", and what's with the owner name, is that if you're staying in a house, owned by a thai? What are the acceptable variations in building naming conventions?

I put home for building name and that worked since the their was a line similar to that on the old site and app.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The new system certainly seems much less glitchy for those that can get it to work.  Biggest problem for me though is when it doesn't.  Under the old system (which I will try again if I get another Rejected notice) the only occasion I got a reject notice I was able to log in and see the comments from the IO on the bottom of the submission notice, something I actually missed at first:

1973481619_Screenshot2022-02-25at08_40_50.png.b002712337337f8093cca3ceddf95937.png

Now with this system there's nothing, just a PDF of the (partially completed) TM47 you submit.  I'm guessing (hoping) my rejection yesterday was down to not including the building name, despite it not being a mandatory field.  In the absence of the above facility to check for a reason though there's no way to check which is a massive step backwards IMO.  We should not be having to guess why a rejection is happening.

So while the new system seems to be better and less buggy at the submission stage, ultimately it's less useful unless you are fortunate to have it work on the first or, guesswork based, subsequent submissions.

If filling in the building name doesn't work I'll try the old system via the app.  If that still fails I guess it's down to my change of address despite having done a TM30 and using the new address when I renewed my extension a few weeks ago and will likely require a visit to MTT.

I did log in to the old system to see if there was anything there but of course TIT and the two systems are not joined up, can't say I was expecting them to be ????.  I'm not even sure if the old system / app are still working.  If I'm lucky, I won't need to try and find out!

Edited by SooKee

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

I did log in to the old system to see if there was anything there but of course TIT and the two systems are not joined up, can't say I was expecting them to be ????.  I'm not even sure if the old system / app are still working.  If I'm lucky, I won't need to try and find out!

If you try to do a report on the old site it will redirect you to the new site.

The mobile app (android) is now linked to the new system since it will you show your most recent report done on it.

When opening the app before I got a popup message showing my permit to stay date but now it states is not available since the new system does not show your permit to stay date on the form you get when it is submitted.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you try to do a report on the old site it will redirect you to the new site.

The mobile app (android) is now linked to the new system since it will you show your most recent report done on it.

When opening the app before I got a popup message showing my permit to stay date but now it states is not available since the new system does not show your permit to stay date on the form you get when it is submitted.

Ah right.  The old app I can open up and log in OK but it only shows my previous reports made on the old system.  So I guess the old app must show the latest report on the new system only after you've been successful in getting one approved.  When I log in on the old app it doesn't show my pending application on the new / current system either.  I did notice the overstay status has gone.

Edited by SooKee