Tourism sector pushes for less fly-in requirements

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The tourism sector has advocated for the removal of the Thailand Pass registration system.

I wish them well with that. As few restrictions as possible, if none is wishful thinking. Problem is that the airlines are not going to make it easy, and the responsibility for imposing restrictions seems to have been foisted onto them by governments, so IMO they will be more rather than less restrictive, given they might have to pay to return those passengers not permitted entry on arrival.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wish them well with that. As few restrictions as possible, if none is wishful thinking. Problem is that the airlines are not going to make it easy, and the responsibility for imposing restrictions seems to have been foisted onto them by governments, so IMO they will be more rather than less restrictive, given they might have to pay to return those passengers not permitted entry on arrival.

I think the airlines will make it incredibly easy to fly outbound.

What happens on your holiday and returning inbound will be the least of their probems. Money in bank for them.

25 vaccines and a mask.

• Like 1

I hear a lot about this ThaiPass for Tourists but is it needed for someone like me planning a 2 week visit to the states and returning here to Thailand?

I'm already planning on getting a reentry permit to continue life on my non-O married extension.

If it's needed, can it be applied for from Thailand?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thailand Pass system cannot be lifted because it’s a data center for important information on tourists which can be used to trace them when they travel in Thailand,”

You don't know where I am right now and so your system a complete failure. Up until 5th days stay at the hotel you have what you started with the TM 30 information to go on.

I expect the TM30 and other info. with be uploaded onto the Thai pass system and that is why they will keep it going.

In any case does it really matter if they know where I am? doesn't bother me at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I hear a lot about this ThaiPass for Tourists but is it needed for someone like me planning a 2 week visit to the states and returning here to Thailand?

I'm already planning on getting a reentry permit to continue life on my non-O married extension.

If it's needed, can it be applied for from Thailand?

All travellers, no matter the visa type, need a ThaiPass. That includes visa holders with multi entry permission.

You can apply from within Thailand before you leave and use the Re-entry to Thailand application option.

Personally, I'm waiting for a few weeks to consider travel outside Thailand until they drop the additional test etc, which seems enevitable at this point.

• Like 1

Thailand Pass is probably here to stay - just like those registrations systems used in Australia, etc...but if soo - get rid of the stupid TM 6 form.......No matter what is used, rest assured...it won't work well....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The problem is that the guys in charge think that Thailand is so special that tourists will put up with clap trap for a holiday. I know people coming here - NONE are coming for a holiday. If they do not stop this nonsense soon, then airlines are about to tell them exactly what they can do with the landing slots for another year

They might as well save some money and pollution by shutting up shop at Suvarnabhumi and moving everything back to Don Mueang, then...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I eventually managed to upload my (negative) test results when I returned to the UK and the App started working.

Yes this is a known issue, which they will address by enforcing the use of a Thai based VPN.

12 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

I think the airlines will make it incredibly easy to fly outbound.

What happens on your holiday and returning inbound will be the least of their probems. Money in bank for them.

25 vaccines and a mask.

Yes they have.....18K+ BKK to SYD return, SIA

23 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

You don't know where I am right now and so your system a complete failure. Up until 5th days stay at the hotel you have what you started with the TM 30 information to go on.

I expect the TM30 and other info. with be uploaded onto the Thai pass system and that is why they will keep it going.

In any case does it really matter if they know where I am? doesn't bother me at all.

Mai phen rai.

They always know where you are regardless. 

The game.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/22/2022 at 1:12 PM, sirineou said:

I just read that the UK is removing all covid restrictions.

Yes. I saw it on Al Jazira yesterday. According to what they said, everything is going, even having to isolate if infected- all personal responsibility.

If only NZ government was as enlightened.

3 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

No they don't not until facial recognition cameras are up and running. Which could be the next step of course. 

So long as they have your phone card details they do know, apparently, given that most carry one with them always.

The cameras are still having problems, according to what I've heard.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So long as they have your phone card details they do know, apparently, given that most carry one with them always.

The cameras are still having problems, according to what I've heard.

That's a good point in my case my wife has my Sim in her name. So I'm slightly u traceable. 555