Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

On 3/8/2022 at 12:51 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Our comrade forgets he agrees with Thailand and 141 other countries voting for the UN resolution against Russia’s invasion, demanding that Russia “immediately, completely and unconditionally withdraw all of its military forces” 

I agree to anything that will stop the loss of human lives.

Whether it's exceptable by all in the situation that Ukraine finds itself remains to be seen. 

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

That the problem when not jumping on the emotional train and become an useful idiot. 

It is a game, a game for world politicians using the civilians, women and children as tools. 

But by just saying so, you get condemned even you say the main person who is solely responsible for the invasion, is Putin.

When that is said, what if the world would have aknownledged Crimea, and Ukraine made a pact with Russia alike Suomi, and not join NATO?

Would that have solved anything? Most likely as much as any other border conflict alike Israel have done with their Neighbours. 

So No, not a good solution either.

If I knew all the answers, I would be an idiot! Because only an idiot can claim he or she know the answers to such an conflict with a man like Putin. 

Is there anything that have changed since Alexander the great? Have we become any different when it comes to fight for glory, land and resources? 

There was an agreement for Ukraine and Putin signed it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budapest_Memorandum_on_Security_Assurances

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yes agree to terms of surrender.

I’m getting dizzy with reading your posts, yesterday you were adamant that NATO should send planes to help Ukraine fight. Today you want them to surrender. Can’t wait for tomorrows u turn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2022 at 1:30 PM, Kwasaki said:

I agree to anything that will stop the loss of human lives.

Whether it's exceptable by all in the situation that Ukraine finds itself remains to be seen. 

It’s quite clearly not acceptable by all, the Ukrainians are lining up to fight the army that has invaded their nation.

Their nation, their lives, their freedom, their choice.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Virt said:

if Russia are to attack Sweden and Finland as they are not members of NATO,

would you tell your Scandinavian neighbors to lay down their weapons as well.

That's a good question, I can not answer. I know both governments would have fled the country, and I guess they would have capulated quite fast at once their government was safe! 

That is my best guess.

Norway would have done the same! We are talking about hours before we are operating on smaller units, and become a resistance force.

At least as far I know without knowing the details to good just from what our training was back 32 years ago, and then it would have been a NATO war operated from abroad.

Edited by Hummin

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not only that:

He’s done a fantastic  job reestablishing support for NATO.

He’s isolated the Russian economy.

He’s isolated Russia on the world stage.

He’s demolished the credibility of Russia as a safe place to invest.

Added to which he’s now learning Ukraine is no pushover.

I can only assume he’s surrounded by people who have for some time now been afraid to tell him the truths he needs to hear.

After Russia's performance in Ukraine, I would suspect Nato are rating their chances in a conventional clash.

Also, I think Putin's threats will wear off, good on Boris for not backing down.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yes agree to terms of surrender.

So Ukraine has offered the equivalent of Rubles5,000,000 and an amnesty  to any Russian soldier who surrenders, they only need say ‘Million’ when they do so.

This to my mind is a great idea.

Poorly trained, I’ll equipped conscripts given the chance to get out of a war they want no part in.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Putin is in control of what, exactly? The ruble is now worth one-quarter of a Thai baht. That's assuming anyone is stupid enough to buy rubles. The official interest rate in Russia is 20%, in America it is less than 0.1%. Hyperinflation looms.

He has lost the propaganda war, Russia is now an international pariah. And while he may bomb Ukrainian cities into rubble, he has got an insurgency on his hands that is worse than Afghanistan, because the insurgents are getting better weapons from the West.

Rethink what? Trying to negotiate with Putin is like trying to reason with a dog that has rabies.

Rabid dogs are put down to avoid them infecting others.

Maybe a good time to buy rubles as a future investment.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So Ukraine has offered the equivalent of Rubles5,000,000 and an amnesty  to any Russian soldier who surrenders, they only need say ‘Million’ when they do so.

This to my mind is a great idea.

Poorly trained, I’ll equipped conscripts given the chance to get out of a war they want no part in.

Hmmm, about 30 grand GBP, not bad! ????

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

How about the invasion of a sovereign nation is not the basis to demand anything from anyone?

Nor should it ever be.

Sigh. The west has become so feminised and infantilised that people nowadays cannot understand why war happens.

If you won't address the issue of the Donbass Russians, how about the unacceptable threat posed to Russia by NATO expansion?

How easily this war could have been avoided. How recklessly Ukraine and the west walked into it.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

That's a good question, I can not answer. I know both governments would have fled the country, and I guess they would have capulated quite fast at once their government was safe! 

That is my best guess.

Norway would have done the same! We are talking about hours before we are operating on smaller units, and become a resistance force.

At least as far I know without knowing the details to good just from what our training was back 32 years ago, and then it would have been a NATO war operated from abroad.

Certainly guesswork. I'll give you that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

That the problem when not jumping on the emotional train and become an useful idiot. 

It is a game, a game for world politicians using the civilians, women and children as tools. 

But by just saying so, you get condemned even you say the main person who is solely responsible for the invasion, is Putin.

When that is said, what if the world would have aknownledged Crimea, and Ukraine made a pact with Russia alike Suomi, and not join NATO?

Would that have solved anything? Most likely as much as any other border conflict alike Israel have done with their Neighbours. 

So No, not a good solution either.

If I knew all the answers, I would be an idiot! Because only an idiot can claim he or she know the answers to such an conflict with a man like Putin. 

Is there anything that have changed since Alexander the great? Have we become any different when it comes to fight for glory, land and resources? 

Mistakes on both sides have been made in history. 

It seems nothing is learn from them. 

The majority of people in the world now I believe want peace and just get on with their lives. 

Maybe there could be an end of the world or hopefully everyone listens to imagine by John Lennon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

AFAIK every Western company is stampeding for the exits, why would anyone put money into a country when any profits cannot be exported?

Perhaps he should be nicknamed " No toes ", as he has quite obviously shot himself in the foot.

... Vladimir No Toe Ras Putin (VNTRP in short, obviously) ... I'll say it's got a nice ring to it, think himself would like it ... well, at least until someone translates, and explains, 555 ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Certainly guesswork. I'll give you that.

And what do you think would happen? I'm curious what other people think.

When It comes to USA who have never been invaded except from Immigrants, I'm curious what they believe would have happened, and what their government would had done. All countries in Europe capulated when Germany invaded, except England who was not invaded. It is a natural thing to do to save civilians when you get invaded by a overwhelmed force.

Norway also have critical offshore  oil producing infrastructure, so not only thinking of civilians, also environmental damage. 

• Confused 1