Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

10 minutes ago, Saanim said:

That's true, credible links...

BTW, 2.7 millions have left within 2 weeks via humanitarian corridors? By trains, by buses, by cars. Were they attacked on the way? 

That's something what the world has not experienced in the former wars, not even in the wars of last 70 years or so.

Have we ever heard about such humanitarian corridors?     

In WW2 there were something like 35 million refugees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

Luckily, all the other reports are confirmed, aren't they? 

Seeing the high figures of dead civilians reported - 4,000 - 6,000, (confirmed?), also mentioned by Zelensky, UN was speaking about 400, today perhaps 600?)

Well, that makes it OK then....:bah:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Saanim said:

BTW, 2.7 millions have left within 2 weeks via humanitarian corridors? By trains, by buses, by cars. Were they attacked on the way? 

That's something what the world has not experienced in the former wars, not even in the wars of last 70 years or so.

Your point being??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

We suffered enough from WW2 propaganda which demonized the enemy. We don't need it now. People who make unsubstantiated claims that the Ukrainians shelled their own people or are spreading viruses though birds or that some political party is stealing and selling babies or that all the world's governments are in cahoots with big pharma to push a hoax in order to get world control are oxygen thieves. If you want to make any claim, I'm all ears but make sure the evidence is there.

Propergander in war is what you'll get, don't listen or read media and wait for the outcome then. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How many went through humanitarian corridors and how many just left through areas that Russia does not control?

... exactly, or weren't under russian control yet when they left.

Cause the corridors appeared to not really work out most of the time so far.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

How many went through humanitarian corridors and how many just left through areas that Russia does not control?

Been 3 or 4 cease fire's so far for humanitarian corridors and all broken within an hour. I hear about 160 car loads made it out yesterday.

I heard on BBC world talking to a Ukrainian guy that is was over 200 cars and they went through Russian held territory so let's hope more get out. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Slip said:

Your continued spouting of propaganda, whataboutism, denial, victim blaming, rhetoric and disinformation has been noted, however do not expect the inhabitants of this board to accept such nonsense without pushback.

You are funny push back as much as you like I will still post my opinion on the situation like it or not. 

Next. 

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Ozimoron said:

I'm getting sick of these Russian backed IRA astroturfers. They are only here to spread propaganda. Their modus operandi is to appear to be fence sitters and act like the voice of reason while casting doubt on credible media sources as well as pushing outright lies or, at least egregious distortions of the truth, typically lying by omission.

https://www.propublica.org/article/infamous-russian-troll-farm-appears-to-be-source-of-anti-ukraine-propaganda

https://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/16895

Quite so:

8 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I heard on BBC world talking to a Ukrainian guy that is was over 200 cars and they went through Russian held territory so let's hope more get out. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Saanim said:

Those were available corridors (safe) out of range of, or interest to the Russians, until recently.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Well just 5 hours ago ITV and multiple other sources say its 160, and 30 mins ago the BBC also said 160 however 160 - 200 is not the point. The point is that this is the first one that has actually worked, all the others broke down and ended up with civilians getting killed.

The poster @Saanim who brought this up seemed to be a little confused in his post:

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

URGENT. Russian troops have taken the staff and patients of #Mariupol Hospital as hostages. Thread 1/5

Residents of Mariupol have contacted the Media Human Rights Initiative (MHRI) hotline, saying that since yesterday morning (March 14) the Mariupol Regional Intensive Care Hospital (46 Troitska Street) has been occupied by the Russian troops. 2/5

The staff and patients of the hospital are being held as hostages. One of the witnesses claims that Russian soldiers are forcing the other civilians there as well. 3/5

At the same time, Russians are firing at the positions of the Ukrainian army from the windows of the hospital, trying to provoke the fire in response. According to an eyewitness, the Russian soldiers do not let anyone leave the hospital, threatening to shoot. 4/5

And those patients who risked escaping returned with bullet wounds. #MHRI begs the international community to do everything possible to stop the ongoing war crimes by Russia and to release doctors, patients, and civilians held as hostages by the Ru army. 5/5

• Sad 4

25 minutes ago, steven100 said:

from a US prospective .....

It's ok to have children bombed and murdered, it's ok for the US ( Biden admin )  to sit back and just look at the blood and killings because  :

hey'  your not a NATO country.

Well Biden ......  Fk' u are imo

Yes. Its very frustrating.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What's the point of this off topic political rant from behind a paywall? The US has already sent Javelins and is no doubt continuing to do so. Furthermore the US is continuing to ramp up military and financial aid.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/11/us-congress-gives-final-approval-to-13-6b-ukraine-aid-budget

Washpo allows a number of free articles per month so it is not a strict paywall.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Is it not strange we are all appalled but we are dulling to the appaulingness. The world will never be the same again and we are getting used to it? I suddenly want to become a survivalist or a better a word ..... a prepper. Hide from it all because it's all getting worse. I would have ridiculed preppers a year ago!

I am not judging. Well perhaps slightly, on us all, as a species.

• Like 1