Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

25 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

The Pope wades in with a statement that has all the Putin fanboys on social media erupting in ecstasy.

"Pope Francis said that the “barking of NATO at the door of Russia” might have led to the invasion of Ukraine and that he didn't know whether other countries should supply Ukraine with more arms".

Pope Says NATO Might Have Provoked Russian Invasion of Ukraine (wsj.com)

He has a point but not a popular one. 

• Like 1

New Study of War update:

A significant #Ukrainian counteroffensive pushed #Russian forces roughly 40 km east of Kharkiv City. The counteroffensive could set conditions for a broader operation to drive the Russians from most of their positions around the city.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-may-3

• Like 1

The Pope has been getting some poor advice:

The conflict in Ukraine seems to have bettered the Vatican’s relations with Hungarian leader Viktor Orban, who told the pope of Russia’s plan to somehow resolve the conflict May 9. “I hope that’s the case and it would explain the quickness of the escalation these past days,” Francis said.

https://religionnews.com/2022/05/03/pope-francis-says-nato-barking-at-russias-door-faciliated-ukraine-conflict/

36 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

What was hit which was under camouflage? I couldn't make it out. I am guessing a big gun?

I think it was some kind ammo storage?! After hit they laugh really much also lmao. Schadenfreude is best joy!

As I previously speculated, Transnistria is about to get hot:

from liveuamap.com :

General Staff of Ukraine: Russian army prepares evacuation of families of officers in Transnistria

and

from Kyivindependent.com

Parliament greenlights deploying Territorial Defense Units in war zones.

Ukraine’s parliament voted to allow Territorial Defense Units to fight outside their assigned regions, along with Ukraine’s military. Prior, Territorial Defense Units operated within the regions of their conscription.

looks like the Ruzzians  want their 6000 troops in Transnistria to open another front.

I guess the Ukrainians will move territorial defense batallions to the Moldovan border.

I wonder how the Ruzzians are evacuating officers' families ? where can they go ?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, tgw said:

My anger at Putin and Ruzzians h????chance to prevail with conventional war, more and more military aid will pour into Ukraine. Even the Germans will concede to international pressure and internal pressure to finally deliver these Marder and Leopard tanks. I hope Ukrainians are already training on them in Germany and training on F-16 in USA. If not, they should hurry.

Western people are so angry that people from UK, USA, and other countries leave to go fight the Ruzzian Nazist ORCS.

Did Putin expect that kind of anger?

He didn't anticipate Ukrainian resistance. But did he even think that the West could say "enough is enough"?

Maybe one mistake of the free world was to not display that anger before, for example in 2014. But as a mitigating factor, the situation wasn't the same. It's Zelensky's election for President and then the landslide in parliament which changed everything.

I have started to watch "Servant of the people", I'm through 17 episodes so far. It's a lightweight comedy that's easy to watch, but at moments it very clearly demonstrates where the problems are in Ukrainian society, and what the "President" wants to do about them.

No wonder Zelensky won with that TV show an electoral programme.

I don't know if Putin and Zelensky talked before, but watching the show I can clearly imagine Putin feeling blindsided and ridiculed by Zelensky who probably did it intentionally.

Maybe Putin also fears a contagion of Zelenskyism to Belarus and Russia. The show was very popular in both countries. In the end, Zelensky, just by winning the elections and starting to improve his country is a massive threat to Putin's rule.

Your not alone in anger now wearing my my 3rd Twitter and 2nd f/b ban as a medal of honor thank god for telegram where I can slice through Putin's lines with impunity  ????  

• Like 2

Russian TV shows simulation of Britain and Ireland wiped out by a nuke. (There’s an insane aspect to these people on state TV suggesting that Russian nuke strikes on the UK, France, and the US are actually a real war option.)

Kiselyov pointed to an animated graphic of the Sarmat, Russia’s newest nuclear missile, hitting the British Islands and erasing the United Kingdom from the map. Russia’s ‘Satan 2’ missile changes little for U.S., scholars say Britain “is so small that one Sarmat missile will be enough to drown it once and for all,” he said, without providing evidence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/05/03/russia-ireland-nuclear-weapons-video-ukraine/

35 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Russian TV shows simulation of Britain and Ireland wiped out by a nuke. (There’s an insane aspect to these people on state TV suggesting that Russian nuke strikes on the UK, France, and the US are actually a real war option.)

Kiselyov pointed to an animated graphic of the Sarmat, Russia’s newest nuclear missile, hitting the British Islands and erasing the United Kingdom from the map. Russia’s ‘Satan 2’ missile changes little for U.S., scholars say Britain “is so small that one Sarmat missile will be enough to drown it once and for all,” he said, without providing evidence.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/05/03/russia-ireland-nuclear-weapons-video-ukraine/

Something is very rotten and it's not in Denmark.

A post with disguised profanity has been  removed.  We understand that for those close to the conflict or who may suffer a similar fate, it is an emotional situation, however, please keep it civil.  Your cooperation is appreciated.  

• Like 1