Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

the outcome sought by Ukraine and democratic countries is that Russia removes its troops from all of Ukrainian territory.

Russia as a state is not threatened, neither is its territory. 

I guess sanctions will stay until there is a significant regime change in Russia. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The only outcome in which Russia will be welcomed back into normal relations will be if Putin is delivered to a war crimes tribunal and Russia pays reparations to Ukraine.  

No it isn't.  ????

13 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Suggest that your take may not be correct. EU is planning on opening up corridors to Polish Baltic sea ports to transport the trade. Why would Russia waste missiles for this purpose?

I taken an extraordinary step of providing fact-based evidence to support my claims!
Hope this won't embarrass anyone!

“The main solution is corridors to Baltic Sea ports,” Wojciechozski said – pointing to Poland’s Gdansk and Gdynia as gateways to export food supplies from Ukraine to the rest of the world."

Russian blockade of Ukraine's ports puts global food supply at risk (france24.com)

The EU commissioner’s plan is likely to “work”, but “very slowly”, Oubukhov said. “I heard that they would take five years to transfer all the grains and seeds that we have already in Ukraine, which we normally sold by sea in one year.”

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Panicked Russian troops retreat to nine miles from border as Putin's Plan B crumbles

VLADIMIR PUTIN'S troops have been pushed back to "within just nine miles" of the Russian-Ukraine border as Moscow faces a humiliating "collapse" of its Plan B invasion strategy.

Russian forces have been pushed back to within just nine miles from its own border, as Vladimir Putin's forces are on the brink of "total collapse". CNN's Nick Paton Walsh, reporting from Kharkiv after a Russian retreat, said that the military "reset" of the invasion three weeks ago has already unravelled. 

Express

A Russian soldier said his commander shot himself in the leg just so he could leave the war in Ukraine, officials say

https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-soldier-says-commander-shot-himself-to-leave-war-ukraine-2022-5

Are Russian Soldiers Shooting Themselves to Avoid Front Lines?

https://ipatriot.com/are-russian-soldiers-shooting-themselves-to-avoid-front-lines/

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You perhaps not aware of the importance of social media and narrative in modern war.

No, I must be old school! I thought in a war for the survival of one's country , all able-bodied males joined the armed forces and fought for their nation. However you are now telling me it is quite legitimate for them to publish blogs instead and make some money on the side.  Hahaha ????????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

No, I must be old school! I thought in a war for the survival of one's country , all able-bodied males joined the armed forces and fought for their nation. However you are now telling me it is quite legitimate for them to publish blogs instead and make some money on the side.  Hahaha ????????

Maybe some o0f the Russian propagandists could go fight for Russia too? hahaha.  ????????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Maybe he shot himself in the leg. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Social media has added another element to the mix, and brought immediacy to strategic political communication.

In asymmetric conflicts (such as the one we’re seeing now in Ukraine), a successful social media account can be a useful weapon against an adversary with many guns and tanks.

https://theconversation.com/guns-tanks-and-twitter-how-russia-and-ukraine-are-using-social-media-as-the-war-drags-on-180131

• Like 2

Russia unleashes horrific lethal weapons on Ukraine as invasion rages on

Almost three months after Russia first invaded Ukraine, evidence is mounting of a terrifyingly brutal tactic being used against citizens.

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/russia-unleashes-horrific-lethal-weapons-on-ukraine-as-invasion-rages-on/news-story/76398b50aa7edaae6886c2859585ac31

Nasty bastards 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Almost three months after Russia first invaded Ukraine, evidence is mounting of a terrifyingly brutal tactic being used against citizens.

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe/russia-unleashes-horrific-lethal-weapons-on-ukraine-as-invasion-rages-on/news-story/76398b50aa7edaae6886c2859585ac31

Nasty bastards 

Barbaric.

29 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Nasty bastards 

It is desperation from the Evil Empire. Russia can't win with normal tactics so they are throwing everything into the pot to get a result. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Nasty bastards

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Barbaric

Just more confirmation of what we knew already, Russia stooping even lower. They are going to have to be held accountable for all the war crimes they’re committing. Not sure that’s ever going to happen, though…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

You thought wrong.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Maybe some o0f the Russian propagandists could go fight for Russia too? hahaha.  ????????

They are the evidence of how important information and perception via social media is in modern warfare.

Why they so willingly play their part on behalf of the aggressor is a question that deserves attention.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Nasty bastards 

Just another of those barbarous weapons they use, watch this horrendous explosive line operated mine clearer. They are intended to be used in fields and open areas. They are shot up in the air in a large rope that covers a huge area then on impact it explodes. They have been using them to blow up residential buildings. 

Video here, unbelievable:

"Russia is using a new war crime method. The UR-77 mine clearing system uses a detonation-cord that should be fired at a flat angle toward open fields. In Rubizhne, they fired it at a steep angle in an urban area, making sure the entire cord lands in one spot (bigger explosion)."

• Sad 1