Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

A recent CNN story showing newly liberated areas, including the town of Mykhailivka, as the front moves forwards hour by hour.  The happiness of the people to see the Ukrainian soldiers, and Western media, is clear to see - no 'Yes" to Russian referendum voters here.  As are the more disturbing images of dead Russian soldiers, abandoned where they fell, along with clothing, weapons and the odd tank or two.  Someone needs to hack into the Russian TV network and play this footage so the families of those who's sons, brothers and fathers are in Ukraine can see just what "leave no man behind" actually means to Putin.  Unsurprisingly, the Russians continue to shell the newly liberated towns and villages in yet another act of criminality.  What price one man's demented dreams of empire?  And what price is yet to be paid?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

A very sobering view of the war. Besides killing, murdering, raping and torturing, the only purpose of the Russian army being there seems to be to pillage, loot and steal everything they can get their hands on. And then after a few months, and losing (tens of) thousands of men, they retreat. The complete madness of Putin’s senseless war exposed.

if they only could send these to Russia for the people to see, Putin would be gone by end of the day

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

if they only could send these to Russia for the people to see, Putin would be gone by end of the day

There are not dissimilar pictures and videos from war zones all around the world. Leaders for those aggression have not been punished either. The world has become immune to pictures of human suffering.

• Thumbs Up 1

Big if but if this train carrying Nuclear equipment has been tracked you can bet your <deleted> it's being watched closely by Satalite tracking and will be located. My bet is special forces will, or may already be on the ground observing such as the British SAS destroying the mobile Scud launches during the gulf war, and will take them out before there used. News crews around Lyman filmed dead Russian Soldiers on the roads around the town left by their own troops too busy running away to recover them. The Ukrainians were seen placing them into body bags and removing them. That's the reality facing these conscripts from Russia. Its little wonder why there scurrying away and avoiding the Draft.

9 minutes ago, candide said:

I am surprised no conspiracy theorist has suggested that they have bribed Putin to start a war! ????

In my country there are plenty of right-wingers saying how convenient this war is for the ‘liberals’ to achieve their energy transition goals, seeing as how prices of gas and electricity are going through the roof. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I’m no Elon Musk so I’m not proposing anything. But if both sides run out of ammunition, surely the war will end, no? Except for hand to hand fighting lol.

It's actually what may determine the final outcome: the ability of one camp to produce weapons faster than the other.

Similar to WW2.

• Like 1

Another Civilian apartment was blasted by a Russian missile in the city of Zaporizhia today in Retaliation for their losses in the last few days. If I was Zelenski I would tell his commanders to get as near as they can with a long-range missile and target an apartment block inside Russia to see how their civilians like it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

our superiority is recognized worldwide

That guy has got a sense of humor on him! I mean, really? Then why are we not all driving Russian cars, and using Russian iphones?

The only thing that Russia excels at right now is subhuman behavior in their war against Ukraine, and in the parts of Ukraine they occupy. They’re also getting very good at oppressing their own people in ‘mother Russia’. 

• Like 2