Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

22 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

What are you main sources of information about this war, bro?

I could ask you the same thing, pal.

But since you asked: my main sources of information are quite varied, many of them what you would call main stream media. Also (since I’m Dutch) quite a few Dutch newspapers and websites. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

What are you main sources of information about this war, bro?

Seems to me that certain posters have been thinking the western propaganda is fact.

Can't remember how many times we've been told that the Russians are going to run out of ammunition/ missiles etc, the troops were going to mutiny, the Russian economy is collapsing and other such like wishful thinking.

It is possible to look at the situation objectively without being a Putin sympathizer, but for some it's not enough unless posting about orcs and suchlike.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems to me that certain posters have been thinking the western propaganda is fact.

Can't remember how many times we've been told that the Russians are going to run out of ammunition/ missiles etc, the troops were going to mutiny, the Russian economy is collapsing and other such like wishful thinking.

It is possible to look at the situation objectively without being a Putin sympathizer, but for some it's not enough unless posting about orcs and suchlike.

Objectively??

Suuuuure.......:coffee1:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Social Media said:

'I know I'm being sent to my death': Ukrainian soldiers admit 'we are just getting killed' as they defend Bakhmut...and say Russia can already 'taste victory'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11862805/Bakhmut-Ukrainian-soldiers-admit-just-getting-killed-defend-city.html?ico=related-replace

Situation may be very grave for Ukrainian defenders in Bakhmut. 

Edited by bronxFrankie

2 hours ago, bronxFrankie said:

'I know I'm being sent to my death': Ukrainian soldiers admit 'we are just getting killed' as they defend Bakhmut...and say Russia can already 'taste victory'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11862805/Bakhmut-Ukrainian-soldiers-admit-just-getting-killed-defend-city.html?ico=related-replace

Situation may be very grave for Ukrainian defenders in Bakhmut. 

No, most on her will tell you that Russia will be defeated and Ukraine will win the battle/war. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

No, most on her will tell you that Russia will be defeated and Ukraine will win the battle/war. 

Doubtful UA will hold Bakhmut. They are getting decimated.

https://time.com/6260585/bakhmut-ukraine-russia/

"Has Ukraine made a big mistake by refusing to retreat from Bakhmut?

A growing number of Western military analysts argue that the situation in the eastern city has deteriorated to the point that defending it may now be more costly than it is worth."

13 hours ago, bronxFrankie said:

A growing number of Western military analysts argue that the situation in the eastern city has deteriorated to the point that defending it may now be more costly than it is worth."

it certainly seems so.

all information available since the fall of Soledar suggested AFU would retreat from Bakhmut.

they made the decision not to.

I'm certainly alarmed by that strategy, but I also consider the fact that the decision was made by the people who possess the best and newest intelligence about the situation.

I hope their strategy works out.

Evidently, AFU are suffering high losses.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

"I think I can recognise propaganda, wherever I see it."

If you believe your statement above wrt to Al Jazeera then you are sadly misguided in your beliefs and rational thinking (if any!)!

PS;  If you only watch one news' source how do you know it is balanced or trustful or not state controlled etc?

I said it's the "least biased", not that it's perfect.

I don't know with regard to any news source, but it's pretty obvious what is propaganda if one uses common sense.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, bronxFrankie said:

IMO it's become a symbol, so needs to be held or won.

By making it so important, it will be a massive blow to Ukrainian morale if lost, and if Russia wins it will be a huge boost to Russian troops.