Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

How do you know that, if as you state, you only watch one, so called, news channel and therefore have nothing to compare it to?

Seriously? 5555555555555

I watched different ones but stopped watching them as they were too biased, like CNN or not worth watching because they think football is news- BBC, and ended up with Al Jazeera. It's probably that they are not dependent on ads that allows them to be neutral.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bannork said:

The Wagna mercenaries are  frequently not treated well by their own side. 

The Western pilots are volunteers, not mercenaries. As far as I know, few have served prison sentences for murder and drug dealing 

I doubt any Russian soldier will see a difference between an American "volunteer" and a mercenary.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, bannork said:

The Russians have already captured several volunteers from Western nations. They treated them badly as you'd expect from a brutalized nation but many survived and were even exchanged. 

I didn't say they'd be killed on the spot, but IMO they can expect to be beaten.

An American pilot would likely be worth several Russians in a prisoner swap.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/18/2023 at 5:10 AM, Salerno said:

Arrest warrants have been issued by judges at the International Criminal Court for Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Commissioner for Children's Rights.

In a statement, the ICC says they are suspected of the war crime of unlawfully deporting children, from Ukraine to Russia.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-64994087

LOL.

They can issue all the arrest warrants they like for Russian politicians, but chances of having them in the court has to be zero ( IMO ).

I think there is a name for this sort of thing, but I forget at the moment.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

24 minutes ago, Social Media said:

Perhaps, somebody should tell him - obviously he does not know yet...  

(in another thread somewhere I read: I think Putin will be headed for his palace for a long time.  He'll just order food & drinks in ...)

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Noted you seem to find this so amusing, the illegal abduction of children and subsequent arrest warrants. Your opinion means not a lot on this.

Former international court chief 'confident' Putin will stand trial

A former president of the International Criminal Court said he is confident Vladimir Putin will be brought to trial.

Dr Chile Eboe-Osuji said in every modern instance when an arrest warrant has been issued, somebody ended up in court.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-war-latest-arrest-warrant-issued-for-vladimir-putin-by-international-crime-court-over-alleges-war-crimes-12541713?postid=5642680#liveblog-body

somebody ended up in court..... or in jail