Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

The International Criminal Court has created a portal for submitting evidence related to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, details of which can be found here:

Statement of ICC Prosecutor, Karim A.A. Khan QC, on the Situation in Ukraine: Additional Referrals from Japan and North Macedonia; Contact portal launched for provision of information

My Office has responded immediately to this unprecedented collective call for action by States Parties. The investigative team that I deployed to the region last week has already commenced evidence-collection activities. I am also personally seeking to engage with all relevant stakeholders and parties to the conflict with the aim of strengthening channels for the collection of relevant information and engendering coordinated action towards our common goal of ensuring accountability for crimes falling within ICC jurisdiction.

https://www.icc-cpi.int/Pages/item.aspx?name=20220311-prosecutor-statement-ukraine

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The International Criminal Court has created a portal for submitting evidence related to the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, details of which can be found here:

Statement of ICC Prosecutor, Karim A.A. Khan QC, on the Situation in Ukraine: Additional Referrals from Japan and North Macedonia; Contact portal launched for provision of information

My Office has responded immediately to this unprecedented collective call for action by States Parties. The investigative team that I deployed to the region last week has already commenced evidence-collection activities. I am also personally seeking to engage with all relevant stakeholders and parties to the conflict with the aim of strengthening channels for the collection of relevant information and engendering coordinated action towards our common goal of ensuring accountability for crimes falling within ICC jurisdiction.

https://www.icc-cpi.int/Pages/item.aspx?name=20220311-prosecutor-statement-ukraine

they should put out arrest warrants for Putin and his accomplices

42 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Let the infighting begin. Hopefully Putin will step on enough toes in the FSB that he becomes a liability to them and they’re going to want to take im out. 

let's hope for that. could be an easy way out, but only if his successor has more sense

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

The war could have been a lot worse? Tell that to the innocent injured and dead.

Not to mention the displaced, maimed and those will be traumatised for life, especially children and the disabled.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Get this....

Russia, who can't defeat a small country like Ukraine, is now threatening the most powerful nation on earth, the USA, with targeting US arms shipments. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

This should be interesting.  If the Russians shoot down an American aircraft bringing arms, killing all Americans onboard, would that be a declaration of war against the US?  Surely this would require a retaliatory move.

8 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Get this....

Russia, who can't defeat a small country like Ukraine, is now threatening the most powerful nation on earth, the USA, with targeting US arms shipments. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

The thing is Russia may will do once the arms are on Ukrainian land that was one of the problems getting them in at the beginning.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

This should be interesting.  If the Russians shoot down an American aircraft bringing arms, killing all Americans onboard, would that be a declaration of war against the US?  Surely this would require a retaliatory move.

That's why there brought over the border by road. 

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Not to mention the displaced, maimed and those will be traumatised for life, especially children and the disabled.

Surprised how distanced some is from the reality and the nature of a war.

The longer the war continues the more damage on vital infrastructure, more war casualties, more trauma, more war crimes.

On Russian Tv they are discussing public executions, and for those who know little bit about the war in Thetsenia, know how this going to be when the Russians start struggling.

The easiest way for you guys seems to condem everyone who trying to see things different, and also trying to silence those who trying to look at it in a more realistic way.

If Russia down a NATO plane, we all know what's coming next. We know the Russians will claim it was the Ukraine's who did it, to make  NATO involved.

That's how that one will play out, and the outcome of a situation like that is unknown, 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Surprised how distanced some is from the reality and the nature of a war.

The longer the war continues the more damage on vital infrastructure, more war casualties, more trauma, more war crimes.

On Russian Tv they are discussing public executions, and for those who know little bit about the war in Thetsenia, know how this going to be when the Russians start struggling.

The easiest way for you guys seems to condem everyone who trying to see things different, and also trying to silence those who trying to look at it in a more realistic way.

If Russia down a NATO plane, we all know what's coming next. We know the Russians will claim it was the Ukraine's who did it, to make  NATO involved.

That's how that one will play out, and the outcome of a situation like that is unknown, 

Please show me where in my quote I condemned anyone?

Or is any quote which does not align with your thinking seen as condemnation?

• Like 1

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

Please show me where in my quote I condemned anyone?

Or is any quote which does not align with your thinking seen as condemnation?

I'm sorry your reply was the last in a line of a few more on my post earlier, and also my experience from other post on the same theme.

However it is a difficult situation, and as outsiders that can be drawn in to the war at some point, we haven't seen the worst yet.

A statement that obvious provoke some. Of course it is already bad, and the war have already lasted to long, and there seems to be no way back, at least how it looks right now. At some point Un need to take action,. If that doesn't happen, NATO will at some point intervene, or maybe more realistic EU!

I'm sure or I hope they do work with an EU solution, and Not NATO get involved at this point.

This could be the test of EU

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I'm sorry your reply was the last in a line of a few more on my post earlier, and also my experience from other post on the same theme.

However it is a difficult situation, and as outsiders that can be drawn in to the war at some point, we haven't seen the worst yet.

A statement that obvious provoke some. Of course it is already bad, and the war have already lasted to long, and there seems to be no way back, at least how it looks right now. At some point Un need to take action,. If that doesn't happen, NATO will at some point intervene, or maybe more realistic EU!

I'm sure or I hope they do work with an EU solution, and Not NATO get involved at this point.

This could be the test of EU

Thoughts along the lines of a US Generals assessment who was speaking on LBC news.

As seen Russia's initial invasion did not go as Putin's Generals predicted and the resistance was something they did not expect.

The tactic's as seen had to changed and they then concentrate on surrounding cities.

A lot more was said but basically he predicts Kyiv will be pounded until the gov steps down and eventually Russia will pull out they have no desire to occupy Ukraine.

NATO or EU will not join in the present invasion.  

9 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Thoughts along the lines of a US Generals assessment who was speaking on LBC news.

As seen Russia's initial invasion did not go as Putin's Generals predicted and the resistance was something they did not expect.

The tactic's as seen had to changed and they then concentrate on surrounding cities.

A lot more was said but basically he predicts Kyiv will be pounded until the gov steps down and eventually Russia will pull out they have no desire to occupy Ukraine.

NATO or EU will not join in the present invasion.  

An economic war is more likely yes

An interesting read

»Over the past few days, the internet has been full of post receiving hundreds of likes with approximately the following message: “The whole world is shocked by Russia’s actions. Everyone, besides Chechens.” In the time that has passed since the collapse of the Soviet Union, this small separatist region in the North Caucasus has lived through two full-scale wars with the federal forces of Russia. The first was in 1994-95, a war that Chechnya won. The second, which was in its active phase from October 1999, and passed through several stages from large-scale military confrontation to a guerilla phase that was met with unspeakable brutality by the Russian government, lasted until the end of 2014, and Chechnya lost. There are significant similarities as well as significant differences, between the two Russian-Chechen wars and what is now happening in Ukraine.»

read more

https://www.nhc.no/en/the-wars-in-chechnya-and-ukraine-similarities-and-differences/

Edited by Hummin

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

An economic war is more likely yes

An interesting read

»Over the past few days, the internet has been full of post receiving hundreds of likes with approximately the following message: “The whole world is shocked by Russia’s actions. Everyone, besides Chechens.” In the time that has passed since the collapse of the Soviet Union, this small separatist region in the North Caucasus has lived through two full-scale wars with the federal forces of Russia. The first was in 1994-95, a war that Chechnya won. The second, which was in its active phase from October 1999, and passed through several stages from large-scale military confrontation to a guerilla phase that was met with unspeakable brutality by the Russian government, lasted until the end of 2014, and Chechnya lost. There are significant similarities as well as significant differences, between the two Russian-Chechen wars and what is now happening in Ukraine.»

read more

https://www.nhc.no/en/the-wars-in-chechnya-and-ukraine-similarities-and-differences/

I never took any notice much over the past years with all the wars since the WW2. 

As the US General said the Ukrainian conflict started 16 years ago in past history and NATO closing in over the years.

The past doesn't matter anymore this war has to be stopped how at this moment is just guessing.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Lumen Technologies and Cogent Communications, providers of the internet ‘backbone’ Russia relies on have both announced they are withdrawing services in the region:

https://news.lumen.com/RussiaUkraine

https://www.reuters.com/technology/us-firm-cogent-cutting-internet-service-russia-2022-03-04/

Is that good news or bad?

I would have thought the internet is beneficial to keep the Russian population informed. Or are we returning to the BBC short wave service as recently reported?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Berkshire said:

It would but they won't fly in right now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Is that good news or bad?

I would have thought the internet is beneficial to keep the Russian population informed. Or are we returning to the BBC short wave service as recently reported?

The purpose of disconnecting Russia from the internet is to hamper Russian cyber attacks. (As a positive side effect it will also further cripple the Russian economy).

Informing the Russian population of things most are probably not predisposed to hear is almost certainly way behind combatting Russian cyber attacks on the priority scale.

Russian civilians will in any case get the message as the Russian economy collapses.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Like 2