Ukrainian nationals and supporters stage peaceful gatherings in Thailand to demand end of war and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine

webfact

2 hours ago, tingtong said:

This won't be the popular view, nevertheless

I get that Russia is bad ...

But 

Shouldnt automatically pretend that Ukraine is great and all faultless, a bastion of democracy and protectors of human rights.

War is bad.

So is fake reporting.

Compared to Putin's Russia its the cradle of democracy.

You know who invaded who, right?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

nonsense, every journey starts with one small step

It is good to see protests against war criminal Putin's war of choice not neccesity from every corner of the world.

Especially Russia!

Don't hate Russians. Only Putin and his supporters.

Edited by Jingthing

10 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The whole of Europe, UK, America, Australia etc needs to freeze Russia out immediately.

Stop imports/exports, freeze all Russians assets worldwide, ban travel for any Russian politicians.

Isolate Russia completely..

Putin wants one Russia let him have it, but the rest of the world doesn't want Russia.

Already in progress. Russia is completely cut off right now. Hope this will have some effects to topple Russian government from inside when people rise up but I doubt that. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

......is there nobody in Russia that can rein him in... probably not. He needs to be removed.....

Ukraine needs to send a very special set of people.  People that have a very special set of skills.  Skills that can render Mr. Putin to be incapacitated.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Ukraine needs to send a very special set of people.  People that have a very special set of skills.  Skills that can render Mr. Putin to be incapacitated.  

I doubt it would be that easy..... even when he allows visitors, he keeps his distance at the top end of a table you could have a game of football on.

Thais live in their own plastic bubble .....   I asked the girl at foodland yesterday why were they still selling Russian Vodka and she looked at me with that silly Thai I don't understand look   !    but after a brief chat about the war she knew exactly what I was on about .....  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think Russia has the power to 'end civilisation as we know it'.

More likely Eastern Europe will just return to the squabbling mess it always was, and the rest of the world will continue as new normal (masked and restricted).

China certainly does though.

And their slow game will succeed as the world slumbers and falls deeper into complacent denial.

Russia may threaten Europe but the CCP has their sites on the entire world and believe global domination their rightful destiny.

10 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Why you missed 8 years of prayers while ukraine nazi killed people in the east of the Ukraine?

Russian Kool-Aid, tastes great, less filling.

When you go right to nazi you've lost the argument.

• Like 2

why is NATO such a bunch of pussies .....  why are they not helping Ukraine militarily by stopping these advancing Russian convoys.  

If NATO was serious about helping them they could take out those convoys immediately.

NATO =  nothing at the office ....

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, steven100 said:

why is NATO such a bunch of pussies .....  why are they not helping Ukraine militarily by stopping these advancing Russian convoys.  

If NATO was serious about helping them they could take out those convoys immediately.

Erm because NATO is supposed to be a defensive organisation of member states as they have been sprouting for years.

Do you honestly think they should be an attack organisation?

Edited by userabcd

Just now, userabcd said:

Thanks but yesterday or the day before there they all are in foreign countries on the tv.

There is news reports of Ukranians going back but how many really do?

Below is what you asked, I gave you the links to your question...............

54 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Wonder why young Ukranian men and women all over the world are not back in their home country defending it from the Russian invasion.

If I was you I'd focus on the hundreds of thousands of women, children and elderly fleeing their own country because of the invasion which has now entered a new stage of indiscriminate shelling of residential areas killing civilians

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Erm because NATO is supposed to be a defensive organisation of member states as they have been sprouting for years.

Do you honestly think they should be an attack organisation?

I hear ya ....   but they are also suppose to be the mechanism to prevent wars and as such aren't doing a very good job in this case.  It's a bit of damned if i do damned if i don't i guess ....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

Should the young women of adult age not also be defending Ukraine from Invasion?

They are fleeing with their children who they are attempting to keep safe rather than bombed............................of course maybe you'd like to keep the children there too?

Ukraine looks poised to win. Putin made a gross overestimation. A lot of his equipment is outdated and not up to the task, his fighting forces have long been out of it. The Ukrainians haven't given up as easily as he'd thought. He's getting far less intl support than he hoped for. He probably expected some backlash, yet this turned out to be a lot more. Russia's economy and world reputation have now been crushed.

I expect Ukraine to gain EU and NATO membership, and enjoy an economic resurgence with the support and sympathy they've been getting. Europe speaks many languages, but most should be aware the one they rely upon for intl communication is English. Heh. Us farang English teachers here in the LOS are up to the task. My Thai wife and I planned to go back to the US, but hey, we're ready to do our part for those in greater need. MA in Education and nearly a decade of experience here, and my wife with years of experience in BKK hotels and restaurants. Let us know, Ukraine.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, steven100 said:

NATO led coalition forces took out Libya under Gaddafi  because of civilian uprising against Gaddafi . NATO knew they would win as they had superior armed forces . However , now they are standing by and witnessing the slaughter of Ukrainian civilians , including young children . Plus Russia is now using cluster bombs in towns and  cities . Cluster bombs are prohibited under international law for the last 10 years or so . That means Russia are committing war crimes but that is not enough for the cowardly NATO to get involved , they prefer to watch a man drown rather than try to save him 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, superal said:

NATO led coalition forces took out Libya under Gaddafi  because of civilian uprising against Gaddafi . NATO knew they would win as they had superior armed forces . However , now they are standing by and witnessing the slaughter of Ukrainian civilians , including young children . Plus Russia is now using cluster bombs in towns and  cities . Cluster bombs are prohibited under international law for the last 10 years or so . That means Russia are committing war crimes but that is not enough for the cowardly NATO to get involved , they prefer to watch a man drown rather than try to save him 

all talk about NATO intervening is nonsense and dangerous, the "red button" type of dangerous.

let Putin get bogged down in Ukraine.

I sincerely hope that we get good news today from that huge Russian column, apparently the Turkish TV2 drone has been Ukraine's favorite weapon these last days.

I hope Ukraine can repeat what they did in Bucha, only this time 60 Km long.