AFTERSHAVE - What is everyone wearing ???

RedArmy

23 minutes ago, ed strong said:

A genuine question, why do you wear aftershave?

What a ridiculous question - Especially from someone who used to wear such an exquisite fragrance such as Antaeus.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RedArmy said:

What a ridiculous question - Especially from someone who used to wear such an exquisite fragrance such as Antaeus.

The other guy that answered me on this thread pointed me to Google  showing how aftershaves purpose is actually to rehydrate your skin after shaving lol. I'm presuming that's not the reason you wear it?

1 hour ago, ed strong said:

The other guy that answered me on this thread pointed me to Google  showing how aftershaves purpose is actually to rehydrate your skin after shaving lol. I'm presuming that's not the reason you wear it?

No brother, i wear it coz i love smelling like a bitch.

for many years always used 'Yves Rocher', mostly shaved 2x a day,  came here with 4 bottles in 2003, long since ran out, never used anything since... now in my 70's don't bother to shave more than 1x a week now a days..  [have a goatee for 50 years = trim 1x a week and shave]

• 1 year later...

I  ran out of  cologne recently and  I'm  looking for something new.  I was toying  with another  bottle of Eternity For Men, which I  like, but when trying a tester at our local Robinsons it doesn't seem quite the same anymore and they wanted BHT 4,500 for it.

I'm looking for something for the day, summery and fresh, possibly aquatic tones or beachy.  Any recommendation  for a good cologne or EDT  around BHT 2,000 or  less available here?

Hermes cologne, citron, green bottle. Nothing heavy, musky in tropics. Just use a tiny bit on your chest. Anything on your face will just be wiped away. Putting alcohol on your face daily especially for fragrance purposes maybe not best idea nearing 2025

Edited by Jelli
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Jelli said:

Hermes cologne, citron, green bottle. Just use a tiny bit on your chest. Anything on your face will just be wiped away. Putting alcohol on your face daily especially for fragrance purposes maybe not best idea nearing 2025

Hermes.  I'll investigate.  You should never put cologne or EDT on your face, just the neck, sides and back. Some say on the shirt but I never bother. Aftershave or toner on the face as it has much less alcohol.

Thanks Jelli

6 minutes ago, bignok said:

Real women like real men not girly men

Someone who smells good is a "girly man" ?   Lol

Women seem to be more driven by scent while attraction for men was driven by what they saw. That's really no surprise because men are naturally attracted to the shape, body proportions, skin and face of a woman. However, women rate a man's body smell as most important when choosing a potential partner.

A majority of the male population do not wear a fragrance. Why would you want to spend $50-$100 on a bottle of perfume?

Does it make any difference? Yes, it does.

https://www.realmenrealstyle.com/women-desire-mens-scent/#:~:text=Women seem to be more,when choosing a potential partner.

Try it  bignok. Women  will adore you.