Foreign tourists will flood into Thailand after marijuana law changes - Thai ganja called country's "secret weapon"

webfact

15 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I wasn't aware that Jasmine Rice was known for its 'tourism pulling power either'. In fact I'd suggest that most foreign rice consumers probably have no idea where the rice they eat comes from.

Pre curry shop days most Thai tourists arrived not knowing what rice really was.... they were after the totty. To believe that a bit of weed will open the floodgates is naïve, it will deter some too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thailand is after quality tourists, yet again. Still, ten years late, if they wanted to make a splash, get the boatloads of old potheads & millennial chronic tops beating down a path to the magic kingdom. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Anyone who thinks they can light up a spliff in Thailand could be swiftly arrested. 

All of this spouting off about weed in Thailand is utter nonsense, as is A NUT IN government squeezing as much PR out of this as he can, spending so many resources on this matter is utterly shameful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Because Amsterdam isn't subtropical, it doesn't have nice beaches, it doesn't have rainforests, it doesn't have Thais nor proper Thai food to the same extent as Thailand does, it doesn't have the same flair, it's considerably more expensive than Thailand and most importantly of it all, it isn't Thailand. I'd rather fly 12000 miles to Thailand to stay there for 4 weeks than spend a weekend in Amsterdam to be honest, but of course to each their own. I can speak only for myself. 

But Thailand doesn't have legal Marijuana and never will with dinosaurs at the helm .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So the powers that be that are bringing on this campaign don't understand that CBD is not THC?  This sounds like a comedy plot, we need an arrogant Peter Sellers character to say "are you saying I don't know that?"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Do tell us @Neeranam what you know about the Ratchamongkhol Isaan University?

P. S. I'm not expecting a very long answer.

What exactly do you want to know?

I worked for 20 years in Isaan universities so know it pretty well. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Because you want both a affordable destination, the nice weather, islands, drinks and the smoke together. Obviously it is not about people who would only come for the weed alone, that is available worldwide. But I would never go to Canada for it, even i lived next door. Seems to be so difficult for many posters here to think 2-3 steps further.

The money you would save on the air fare alone by travelling to Amsterdam would be more than enough to cover the cost of a holiday around the many islands of Europe and with far less hassle.

17 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You clearly know very little about potheads or the reality of it. I guess that is why Netherlands thrives too, for having a good percentage of the population smoking weed. But yeah fear people smoking weed, those drunks + drunk driving people are so much better. 

Narrow minded people like yourself, with little intelligence, are the reason this country goes down.

Attacking the poster again instead of the post.

Narrow minded people like yourself, with little intelligence, are the reason this forum goes down.

58 minutes ago, bangkokairportlink said:

not only yourself, you speak for all people with a brain ! you are correct, but it's so funny that some grumpy old men clearly understand nothing of this world. Sad for their kids to grow up with those people...

Well first you pick on @brianthainess, then @JohhnyF and now you pick on me. Did it ever occur to your pot riddled braincell that it might be you that is wrong?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bangkokairportlink said:

I wonder if some old men understood their whole life as much as they understand what's happening when they are old...

I've read that 10 times and I still don't understand it. If you read as well as you write, it's not surprising you completely misunderstood my post ????.

If you want to fly half way around the world to smoke a joint under a coconut tree (and probably get arrested as it's not actually legal) then go for it. I look forward to the GoFundMe. ????

image.png.937a949ba3fe409639694dd02a8295eb.png

• Haha 2

On 3/7/2022 at 12:38 PM, Pouatchee said:

Dream on! In Canada you can legally smoke some great weed as in many other places in the world. He seems to think that he will be attracting people who want hemp products and not the real deal. 'Pipe' dream on dude

Most countries have relaxed laws. even London now. you can freely smoke a top class joint there so why come to Thailand where you can get a leak on your rice the price of 5 joints in London? Ha!

• Like 2

Gov sell legal everywhere now in many countries.amercia canada make tax from it.Make sense if you want to use or smoke it.If not then it will not bother you.Maybe a good move from thailand with tourist or tax earning as long as it is not to high

22 hours ago, Moonlover said:

It may well be true that some 5% of the American population hanker for rice from their homeland, just as my wife did when she was living in Egypt. But I'm sure that it doesn't give jasmine rice, nice though it may be, any notable 'tourism pulling power'.

True but I was stating the popularity is golden. 5% of the population is way off. Get a grip on Americans 

9 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

True but I was stating the popularity is golden. 5% of the population is way off. Get a grip on Americans 

I did read that around 5% of the American population is, in fact Thai. However, thinking back to my time in Egypt, what the Thais hankered after, for their own consumption, was sticky rice, not jasmine rice.

And as for the restaurants that they ran there, they were quite happy to serve up Egyptian rice, which was readily available (obviously) and a lot cheaper.

And the customers? Well they didn't have a clue of course, which was the point I made yesterday. The average Joe (or Julie) doesn't have a clue where the rice comes from.

I remember the days of the good ole genuine Thai Sticks in the late 60s and early 70s.. Some called it tie sticks and thought it was due to being tied to a stick and not because it came from Thailand. Some were dipped in opium and gave you the best high EVER! Then after Nam was over it disappeared and better strains were popping up in the states (especially Hawaii. Maui Wowie) and Mexico( Acapulco Gold).

Now they have true "One Hit <deleted>" with just one toke knocking you on your ass! ????

• Like 2