Four possible cases of BA.2.2 Omicron sub-variant detected in Thailand no cause for alarm

snoop1130

Thailand Detects 4 Suspected Cases of BA 2.2 Variant

tna.jpg

BANGKOK, (TNA) – Thailand found four suspected cases of BA 2.2 sub-lineage of BA.2 variant of Omicron, discovered in Hong Kong, said Director-general of the Department of Medical Sciences, Supakit Sirilak.                          

He said random checks on 1,961 samples for the coronavirus strains found 99.7 per cent were the Omicron variant, comprising 32.4 per cent of BA.1 and 67.6 per cent of BA.2.   

His department weekly conducts genomic sequencing of the virus and reports the results to the Global Initiative on Sharing Avian Influenza Data (GISAID), the leading database on genomic influenza data. Omicron has mutated into three subvariants (BA.1, BA.2, and BA.3).

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-902144

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-03-15

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Omicron sub-variant in Thailand, but has asked the public not to panic because BA.2.2 is not yet

Yet What??? Oh yes, we will not panic until after another Songkran fiasco.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I am 69. Most of the people we know have it and get over it easy.

The problems are with the elderly , obese and diabetic, the average age of death un the UK is 82.5

I thought 69 was classed as elderly, anyway encouraging that you had no symptoms. 

Are you saying I shouldn't get my moderna 3rd shot?