Richard Barrow receives the British Empire Medal (BEM)

webfact

British Empire Medal

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The British Empire Medal (BEM) (formerly British Empire Medal for Meritorious Service) is a British and Commonwealth award for meritorious civil or military service worthy of recognition by the Crown.[1] The current honour was created in 1922 to replace the original medal, which had been established in 1917 as part of the Order of the British Empire.

Read more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Empire_Medal

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sleepwalker999 said:

i am convinced that 99% of the reason he has a hard time with his visa extension is because the job he has at his school appears to be largely made up. 

Yes on facebook he claims to be a full time teacher, then can some body explain to me how he can post from different places from Phuket to Bangkok to the east, to the north every possible restaurants with all the delicious foods he claims to eat ?

Edited by onthedarkside
a derogatory / defamatory comment is removed
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Yes on facebook he claims to be a full time teacher, then can some body explain to me how he can post from different places from Phuket to Bangkok to the east, to the north every possible restaurants with all the delicious foods he claims to eat ?

He doesn't "claim to be a full-time teacher".  His job is running the IT systems/support for a school.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2022 at 8:39 PM, Stubby said:

I have to say, for a non-fan, you seem to know an awful lot about the chap. Even down to his mental health condition... if indeed your distant prognosis of someone you don't care for is accurate. Eeee, there's none funnier than folks, that's for sure. 

seems a strange reply, as my post was replying to a post that was a lot more negative than mine

sorry just not in the positive camp for this guy, you seem to be a cheerleader, suppose next you be saying everyone who is negative about this guy is a sexpest, and threads like these are every month on this forum on this guy, hard not to escape, seems either people not care or cheerleader the guy with pom poms

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I know of him, Humbug, and I've read a few of his posts in the past, but I don't follow the bloke, so I'm neither a fan nor a critic. 

It's just that I don't think people deserve a virtual slagging off from strangers on public forums... and there's plenty of it around (they know who they are). If you don't like what someone posts or stands for, why not simply ignore them? You'd feel a lot better for it. But it seems—going by your rant—like RB has got a rent-free space inside your head.

Look, I don't know much about most things, but what I do know is that it's nice to be nice; it's not nice to be nasty. That's all I'm saying. 

And on that note, I wish you a lovely weekend ????

Stubby 

Yes true that

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I know of him, Humbug, and I've read a few of his posts in the past, but I don't follow the bloke, so I'm neither a fan nor a critic. 

It's just that I don't think people deserve a virtual slagging off from strangers on public forums... and there's plenty of it around (they know who they are). If you don't like what someone posts or stands for, why not simply ignore them? You'd feel a lot better for it. But it seems—going by your rant—like RB has got a rent-free space inside your head.

Look, I don't know much about most things, but what I do know is that it's nice to be nice; it's not nice to be nasty. That's all I'm saying. 

And on that note, I wish you a lovely weekend ????

Stubby 

you clearly support the guy in some sort of way, good for you, you can't escape the guy, that's the whole point, you have expats on twitter, posting somone elses tweet or post, that is  negative about the guy, and becoming his social media bouncers, and going on a witch hunt, I saw a few do it, one runs a teaching website, the whole thing is just weird, you can't ignore someone, that many retweet, just not possible, that said, he got a few things wrong visa wise, copied the correct info from this site, and never admitted to it, he seems to be more active on facebook, and twitter is my poison,  so good luck to anyone who finds him useful

1 hour ago, humbug said:

you clearly support the guy in some sort of way, good for you, you can't escape the guy, that's the whole point, you have expats on twitter, posting somone elses tweet or post, that is  negative about the guy, and becoming his social media bouncers, and going on a witch hunt, I saw a few do it, one runs a teaching website, the whole thing is just weird, you can't ignore someone, that many retweet, just not possible, that said, he got a few things wrong visa wise, copied the correct info from this site, and never admitted to it, he seems to be more active on facebook, and twitter is my poison,  so good luck to anyone who finds him useful

RB might feel compelled to share his opinions all over social media. But umm... no one who sees his headlines is forced to read what he's written. I'll leave it at that ????

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2022 at 12:02 AM, Sparktrader said:

Why so much hate????????

Jealousy  

The guy is harmless

Jealous of a ridiculous poor English teacher ?! NO THANK YOU !

But if you talk about a billionaire with a brain, of course we are jealous !

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:30 PM, salavan said:

What empire? 

Oh I forgot britania rules the waves

Do they still sing that at the last night of the proms ?  Rule britania , britania rules the waves .....surely not .  Indeed is there still a last night of the proms ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 4:11 PM, KarenBravo said:

If it makes him happy to stick three letters after his name, then what's the harm?

yes no problem for a guy always lying that he doesn't look for rewards and interviews... when he is getting down on any "important" person he meets. Important for him is someone who didn't fail his life by being a poor lowlife teacher...

• Sad 2

On 4/12/2022 at 11:56 AM, nanglong218 said:

Land of Hope and Glory is the climax of the last night.  Sung with gusto, tongue firmly in cheek, adults wearing silly hats, and bobbing up and down to the music.  A good time is had by all.  Don't take it too seriously.

Merely justified love of country, pride in national identity & showing respect for the glorious British Achievements for betterment of all . 
Inspiring & Wonderful for all rational informed people. ????????????????

• Haha 1