‘Legal loopholes’ exposed as Blackpink’s Lisa becomes whiskey brand ambassador

webfact

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Hard working young lady becomes female face of traditionally male dominated product

Rest of the world: "Bravo, well done !"

Thailand: "Lock her up !"

Me: I'll take the scotch!

• Haha 1

That reminds me of those old women who try to look sexy in Foodland in the spirits row. Even in Covid times they still are there - I wouldn't exactly call it work. I wonder if they ever convinced anybody to buy a bottle or two.

But I have to admit if Lisa would be there then I would let her convince me to buy that whiskey. Especially if she would promise to introduce me to Jennie. ????

Eg8xI9kUMAEdMmJ.jpg

• Haha 1

If Thailand wishes to market itself as some kind of puritanical, moral society then at least do a decent job of it.

Because right now, these alcohol advertising bans and posturing about the illegality of prostitution are doing absolutely nothing. Thailand is still known worldwide as a basket case, the sex capital of the world renowned for ladyboys and scams.

All that effort for nothing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

If Thailand wishes to market itself as some kind of puritanical, moral society then at least do a decent job of it.

Because right now, these alcohol advertising bans and posturing about the illegality of prostitution are doing absolutely nothing. Thailand is still known worldwide as a basket case, the sex capital of the world renowned for ladyboys and scams.

All that effort for nothing.

I thought Amsterdam was the sex capital of the world ?

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Shows the mentality between a forward thinking Korea and a backward thinking Thailand.

About 60 years ago they were about the same in terms of development. Korea also had a massive war where the Chinese invaded and had the country partitioned with all the problems that brought.

• Like 1

Thailand’s Section 32 of the 2008 Alcohol Beverage Control Act prohibits any person from conducting an advertisement, displaying name, symbol, or trademark of alcoholic beverages in Thailand......

Yet adverts the size of two football pitches are allowed to totally blot the landscape everywhere you go.....

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“There were no shortcuts to get where I am,” Lisa says in the campaign video. “But success means nothing, not one thing, unless we share it.”

That is EXACTLY what I keep telling myself whenever I open a bottle of booze. Except: I NEVER share!

• Haha 1

I find it interesting that it seems many people here support Lisa's activity to promote alcohol.

I know people will still drink alcohol even if Lisa wouldn't promote it. But with her millions of young Thai fans I wouldn't be surprised if more young people would be inspired to drink alcohol. Do you think that is positive?

I am sure Lisa makes enough money without this. She doesn't need extra income. She could promote i.e. don't drink and drive or similar. That would make her to a real role model.

• Like 1

She has people all around her telling her what to do, everyone with a percentage would be "advising" her to do this and that.

Also what is with the stupid pose they have her doing holding the bottle.

Blurring of alcohol, cigarettes, short skirts/butts and cleavage when I first saw it here made me chuckle.

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure Lisa makes enough money without this.

You'd make a brilliant business manager. /Not.

18 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But with her millions of young Thai fans I wouldn't be surprised if more young people would be inspired to drink alcohol.

Well these ads won't be shown here. And I'm fairly certain young people will try alcohol, even if Lalisa doesn't promote it.

And lastly, young people? Chivas Regal? Really? That's not the target audience.

7 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

That has to be the single most boring job in the world.

Most of the time I see them playing with their phones. I guess they do that anywhere, at home, at work, whatever. I guess when they are in Foodland then they get paid while playing with their phones.