Analysis: Business operators welcome legal reopening of nightlife but proposed ultra strict rules a possible party pooper

webfact

17 minutes ago, smedly said:

are they having a laugh, also just to note, my understanding is booster shots are recommended 5-6 months after 2nd  jab so what is this 3 month nonsense

"EITHER FULLY OPEN OR DON'T BOTHER"

these fools really are obsessed with (stupid rules)

-All customers triple vaccinated (double ok if less than three months after last dose.)

-All staff triple vaccinated and tested by atk rapid Covid19 test every three days

-All customers, even triple vaccinated, must take an atk test within 24 hours every time they go to a bar venue.

-Dancing proposed to still be banned

-Bottle service banned

-Promotions/parties/events banned

-Hostesses banned, including sitting with customers or accepting drinks.

-No shows or anything similar at this time

-No toilet attendants. (This one might be ok with many)

The policy was adjusted down to three months (dependent of brand history) as a tactic to deal with Omicron. But you're right that wasn't optimal. 

9 minutes ago, Taboo2 said:

God, what is wrong with these folks in charge....the rest of the world (ROW) is getting back to normal!  Wake up Thailand!!!!

I'm sure a lot is wrong but realistically each country is at a different point as far as percentages of fully vaccinated and/or previous infections. 

Thailand is somewhat behind some other countries in that regard.

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Ridiculous. I know plenty of bars in Bangkok where the 'rules' are already pretty much the same as pre-Covid once you step inside and remove the face nappy.

Hostesses sitting with customers, no masks, dancing on stage, no ATK test, no proof of vaccine, no temperature checks etc.

What's the point of proposing relaxing the rules when the new rules being proposed are still much stricter than what is actually happening right now. It's farcical. A dog and pony show.

Exactly.

Their are already some bars in the LK Metro area that are essentially back to normal with girls dancing on stage.

And if these are the restrictions for Pattaya nightlife when i come next month, i will just stay in Bangkok and then go to Phuket.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I'm sure a lot is wrong but realistically each country is at a different point as far as percentages of fully vaccinated and/or previous infections. 

Thailand is somewhat behind some other countries in that regard.

Pattaya are close to 93% double vaccinated.

So at what stage is vaccination levels going to be high enough in the tourist areas?

1 minute ago, Gentleman Roy said:

Pattaya are close to 93% double vaccinated.

So at what stage is vaccination levels going to be high enough in the tourist areas?

That's absurd.

Pattaya what?

Official residents?

The nightlife is mostly for tourists, yes?

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's absurd. - YES

Pattaya what?

Official residents? YES

The nightlife is mostly for tourists, yes? YES

Yes to the above and i thought it was a requirement for staff to already be vaccinated and all the arriving tourists need to be vaccinated as well

So i cant understand all this garbage

4 minutes ago, Gentleman Roy said:

Yes to the above and i thought it was a requirement for staff to already be vaccinated and all the arriving tourists need to be vaccinated as well

So i cant understand all this garbage

Domestic tourists.

Wonder if anyone is paying attention to what is going on, and being practiced, upcountry [outside of the expected Farang/tourists ghettoes]. 

For the most part, been opened up for some time now. 

• Like 2

You know,one day maybe I'll go to the bars again.

When I do I will feel far more comfortable in the presence of 'the recovered', never mind the vaccinated - that's not going to stop me from catching it if they have it.

They should be concentrating on 'recovered' status.

Based on what I've just read it seems to completely ignore people who had covid and recovered.

Will recovered staff still need to take multiple tests each week?

I've heard stories about people bwing wary around people who've already had covid - they're the safest people to be around and their level of immunity is as good as it gets.

The whole thing is a load of nonsense, I'll give it a couple of weeks before it's being universally ignored.

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Ridiculous. I know plenty of bars in Bangkok where the 'rules' are already pretty much the same as pre-Covid once you step inside and remove the face nappy.

Hostesses sitting with customers, no masks, dancing on stage, no ATK test, no proof of vaccine, no temperature checks etc.

What's the point of proposing relaxing the rules when the new rules being proposed are still much stricter than what is actually happening right now. It's farcical. A dog and pony show.

It's looking like a lot of fun.

Not many falangs but loads of beautiful girls.

A lot of complaining but it's there if you want it.

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

What harm have dogs and/or ponies ever done to you?

You insult the intelligence and inegrity of our quadruped friends. Shame on you.

????