Joe Biden says Putin is a 'war criminal'

17 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

I am not afraid of Putin. He is a KGB officer, an atavism, a thing of the dark past. I am more worried about people like cmarshall , Carson Tucker and others like them with their so called “new realism”. It is when the West will say a final goodbye to its values it is then that we will face the real hell on Earth, much worse than the one in the first half of the 20th century.

Yes they are more of a danger to the future of the USA than ANY external enemy.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Are they in Ukraine now delibertly bombing the living daylights out of women, children and elderly men. Along with flattening entire cities

you must miss-understand something, a war crime doesn't have to be in Ukraine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think by now everyone has heard the narrative that the west "forced" war criminal Putin into this by expanding NATO east.

Well I suggest people consider a highly intelligent rebuttal to that rationalization in this video:

He have solid points, convincing, but «We are the west, cut the <deleted>» is a bit arrogant or? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

A bit arrogant? To a war criminal? Really?

See the video, and pay attention to what talks about, and how he express himself, also the conclusion he gives further out in the conversation.

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

See the video, and pay attention to what talks about, and how he express himself, also the conclusion he gives further out in the conversation.

I have some issues with the tone / slant of the domestic US comments in the video (as I don't worship Reagan) but the vast majority is about Russia and Ukraine with a very esteemed historian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Compared to Putin's arrogance, a mere trifle.

Putin was not  related to what he said, and basically he said cut the nonsens, not cut the <deleted> when he listed The West as an powerful instetution, our abilities and also possibilities if we are as united as now. 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I have some issues with the tone / slant of the domestic US comments in the video (as I don't worship Reagan) but the vast majority is about Russia and Ukraine with a very esteemed historian.

There is quite a few good talks out there now related to whats happens with different take on it. Well worth to spend time and pay attention, but I guess a bit to long for most . 

Anyway again thanks for sharing. Soon finished now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There is quite a few good talks out there now related to whats happens with different take on it. Well worth to spend time and pay attention, but I guess a bit to long for most . 

Anyway again thanks for sharing. Soon finished now. 

Yes and we might be in world war 3 already it's worth understanding the background of it and that includes the mindset of enemies.

38 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I did, he's not really arrogant, just a little triumphalist perhaps. Only those on the far right with their noses out of joint might take exception to his tone. It was well worth watching.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think by now everyone has heard the narrative that the west "forced" war criminal Putin into this by expanding NATO east.

Well I suggest people consider a highly intelligent rebuttal to that rationalization in this video:

Thanks for posting, I rather enjoyed hearing an informed opinion, though he did gloss over the most recent help and cover given to Putin by the rightwing in the US and elsewhere.

Then came the final question, which served to reveal both the interviewer and the historian captured within the ‘culture wars’ fabricated by the extreme rightwing and fulminated by Putin’s online troll factories.

Irony lives.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

War criminal AND fascist?

Yep, that's exactly what he is, a war criminal and fascist.

Mussolini’s Italy and Hitler’s Germany fit the bill, but so does Stalin’s Soviet Union and Kim’s North Korea. Fascism, in other words, can be found on the political right or the political left. And, as most Ukrainians and many Russians agree, it’s now the best word to describe Putin’s Russia.

We can see these same elements in Putin’s regime. Putin destroyed Chechnya and is hellbent on destroying Ukraine. He’s ordered the assassinations of a score of political opponents and is snuffing out any wisps of protest against the war. He promotes a supremacist Russian ideology. And he’s demonstrated his imperial ambitions in Georgia, Belarus and Ukraine. Indeed, Putin’s trajectory increasingly resembles that of Hitler.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2022/03/14/lets-call-putin-fascist-autocrat-00016982

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Russia's false accusations that Kyiv has biological and chemical weapons illustrate that Russian President Vladimir Putin is considering using them himself in his war against Ukraine, U.S. President Joe Biden said on Monday, without citing evidence.

"They are also suggesting that Ukraine has biological and chemical weapons in Ukraine. That's a clear sign he's considering using both of those."

https://www.reuters.com/world/biden-says-putin-is-weighing-use-chemical-weapons-ukraine-2022-03-21/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

USA Today has an interesting report recapping the [mostly failed] efforts of the various U.S. presidents up thru Biden to come to productive terms with Putin....

Screenshot_1.jpg.d2ca78086c6efc7f04532422f458ff69.jpg

'War criminal': As Biden gets personal with Putin, US, Russia relationship hits a dangerous crisis

"The leaders had previously met when Biden was vice president, during a 2011 trip to Russia. Referencing Bush’s claim that he had gotten a sense of Putin’s soul, Biden later said he told Putin: “I don’t think you have a soul.”

“And he looked back at me, and he smiled, and he said, ‘We understand one another,’” Biden told The New Yorker’s Evan Osnos in 2014.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/war-criminal-as-biden-gets-personal-with-putin-us-russia-relationship-hits-a-dangerous-crisis/ar-AAVm57V

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Tucker does have a somewhat permanent look of puzzlement, but a "danger to the US" LOL.

China plays the ball with USA, to make Russia become the playground to end NATO existence, and also Europe. 

It is much bigger than just A Russia Ukraine war.

It is our last test to stay united

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The War Crimes Watch Ukraine project launched by AP and Frontline includes details of apparent targeted attacks as well as indiscriminate destruction of civilian buildings and infrastructure. The AP/Frontline online database will continue to be updated as long as the conflict lasts. The goal is to provide an independent accounting of events, apart from potentially inflated claims by advocates or misinformation spread by state-backed propaganda.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-crimes-tracker-b39137c3a96eef06f4ba1793fd694542

• Like 2