Thailand drops pre-departure RT-PCR tests for overseas arrivals, allows Songkran celebrations

snoop1130

10 hours ago, Onerak said:

Is not insurance going to pay if they are declared infected? Insurance still remains. I don't think insurance companies agree to that

Insurance; If you are sick - problematical.

If you are positive, ( false or otherwise), and fit enuff to run a marathon - forget it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

The problem with that theory is that most insurance with medical coverage will contain a clause about admission to a HOSPITAL being medically necessary.  As a lot of people here found out the hard way, that is the get out clause for the insurance company.  First and foremost the incarceration here for those with no or mild symptoms is NOT medically necessary (it's just a public health policy), secondly many of the facilities (hospitels and 'field hospitals') are not recognised hospitals.  On that basis it would be advisable for anyone to check the specifics of any policy they have or consider buying rather than assume 'they must cover it' or they might find there's a lot of 'iffs and buts'.

Few insurance I have checked says medically or legally by government regulations necessary. 

2 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Insurance; If you are sick - problematical.

If you are positive, ( false or otherwise), and fit enuff to run a marathon - forget it.

A few insurance I have  checked says medically or legally necessary, specially for Covid-19. 

Edited by Onerak

1 hour ago, Trip Hop said:

Good luck with that? They’ll take your passport, tell you to get your relatives to pay and lock you up until you do! Do you honestly think that you’ll be the first one to try that? ????????????????

Last time I read how many farangs have not cleared their medical bills? In millions. I have been to Thailand hospital and I would have easily escaped without paying. Not a big deal. And no hospital kept my passport. I even jokingly asked a  staff what happens if I don't pay and leave. She got little nervous ???? ????????

Edited by Onerak
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Onerak said:

Last time I read how many farangs have not cleared their medical bills? In millions. I have been to Thailand hospital and I would have easily escaped without paying. Not a big deal. And no hospital kept my passport. I even jokingly asked a  staff what happens if I don't pay and leave. She got little nervous ???? ????????

Quarantine hospitels demand payment up front.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Homburg said:

Thai tests WILL detect it.  Whether you are infected or not. $$$$$

I've taken 1 ATK and 3 RT-PCR tests and came negative in all. Wife took 4 ATKs for domestic flights and came negative all times. A friend who is sick now and feels he has COVID-19 took an ATK that came negative as well. At a local school near my place they test all staff and students every week and out of over 800 tests very few if any come out positive

This is ridiculous other countries still require the Pcr test if you’re transiting through,ie Singapore 48 hrs before landing,I don’t know who thinks these changes up, but this one is a backward step

34 minutes ago, Onerak said:

A few insurance I have  checked says medically or legally necessary, specially for Covid-19. 

Medically necessary? Being positive but not sick won't cut the ice.

Legally? Ya must be havin' a lend? No chance and would you pay to challenge....really? Enjoy your holiday????????????????

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Onerak said:

@Onerak, which hospital, what year, what medical condition?

The nurse likely got nervous because she thought you were hitting on her????????????????

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, JayClay said:

You are not the first one to claim this, yet when prompted so far nobody has been able to provide a link to such a policy.

If you are aware of a policy that covers the costs of asymptomatic enforced quarantine then please share a link. I would be extremely grateful. As would, I'm sure, many other people on this forum. Thank you.

I have seen multiple insurances that say covered if medically diagnosed with Covid-19 and destination country's regulations require quarantine.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Onerak, which hospital, what year, what medical condition?

The nurse likely got nervous because she thought you were hitting on her

2008, Bangkok Hospital (Pattaya). Kidney stone removal. 

10 hours ago, Onerak said:

Why it won't cover. And if not covered why I would buy the insurance. I will simply refuse to pay telling them I have insurance, approved by the government, and I don't have money.

That might be the case if that is how you want to spend your holiday?  From my reading some of the fine print noted if you want to be cover must submit a negative PCR test prior to the purchase if you want to be covered when you arrive and end up positive then there is a question of coverage if you don't have symptoms coverage if a Doctor certifies. Article a few month back tourist refuse to pay saying they had insurance but insurance refuse not sure the result government mandated something but clueless when thing don't go right. 

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

That might be the case if that is how you want to spend your holiday?

The risk of testing positive is always there irrespective of there is pre-covid test or not. And if I am tested positive, I won't like to run around and spread in the population. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Onerak said:

That can happen irrespective of there is a pre flight RT-PCR test or not. Pre flight RT-PCR test would not exclude that possibility. Pre flight RT-PCR test is another burden before boarding. Glad it was removed. 

If you test positive PRE FLIGHT, they will not let you fly, so you will not infect anyone in Thailand. 

• Like 2

I had booked flights for May but when my insurance company said they do not cover for Covid and would need a separate insurance policy I decided to cancel as there are to many obstacles for me to enjoy the holiday.

As soon  as Thailand and other countries take a sensible approach to this now flu  people like myself will not travel. As I am a fit 70 year old it counts for nothing when it comes to  the Covid insurance as my policy is over double than my partner who is 44.

14 minutes ago, Onerak said:

2008, Bangkok Hospital (Pattaya). Kidney stone removal. 

Yup, 2008 was a long time ago, a bit like 9/11 which sadly changed many freedoms.

Pretty sure that BHP would move you on to another hosp (public) these days unless large slab paid up front.

Did you hit the nurse up?

Cheers.????

12 hours ago, RandiRona said:

Hahaha.....more people will come without knowing if they are infected and will be declared infected once they are here...hence more money with Hospital/tel scam.....Wrong diagnosis and wrong prescription.

Can you provide a link to proven cases of faked positive PCR tests? This seems to be just the usual BS rumors of this forum. What comes close to a scam is how infected people without symptoms have been treated. But this has obviously improved, allowing hotel isolation.

PCR tests are quite sensitive and it can be to have a negative result at home and a positive one after arrival, especially at the begin of an infection.

10 hours ago, Enzian said:

But won't one's airline of choice require some kind of test result in order to get a boarding pass? And won't airlines differ in this regard depending on where one is coming from and where one is going? And which airline.

Not from the U.S. to Mexico. You only need a valid passport, not even a vaccination.

• Sad 1

But you still run the gauntlet on arrival. 

Transfer to holding cell. (hotel).

Swabbed and detained until a negative COVID-19 PCR test comes back.

Could be 24 hours, could be a further 10 days.

Next they will be saying, had your flu shot?

Had typhoid shot,?

Had hepatitis shot?

The have to learn to live with it like other countries are.

Still up to 50,000 daily cases..

Move on...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1