Thailand desperately needs a Ministry of Misunderstandings - M.O.M.’s the word!

webfact

Re Mr Barrows BEM..   This is the lowest grade of the British Empire awards. To compare some of the grades using the British army system

BEM - Private to Staff Sergeant

MBE -Member of the British Empire- Warrant Officer class 2 to Lt Colonel

OBE- Order  of the British Empire- Colonel to General

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In fact there are so many misunderstandings in all aspects of Thai life from the RTP to Government and every Tom, Dick and Somchai in between that it is high time there was a Ministry of Misunderstandings.

Summed up beautifully.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mike Groom said:

Re Mr Barrows BEM..   This is the lowest grade of the British Empire awards. To compare some of the grades using the British army system

BEM - Private to Staff Sergeant

MBE -Member of the British Empire- Warrant Officer class 2 to Lt Colonel

OBE- Order  of the British Empire- Colonel to General

What about a CBE?

Rooster

2 hours ago, yankyoakum said:

get off the dog thing, we know you hate dogs...Yes aggressive dogs should be put down...

I'll try. I just get emotional when I see children savaged. I have a nine year old. 

Thanks for reading, 

Rooster

• Like 2

I am thinking of getting a tattoo. On my forehead. Stating I have been triple vaccinated, and have also done 14 days quarantine in a Thai hospital. I don't need to wear a mask, go away.

I hope to find a tattooist that is skilled enough to fit all the text in. Thai and English text.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Thammanat tried to deny he was jailed in Australia for importing heroin. Of course that loss of four years of his life was all a misunderstanding.

Plus he was AWOL AND got promoted or am i misunderstanding something ?

Thanks for the weekly news up date Rooster, and educating me on the Thai leadership, what a great bunch of guys.  (Sarcasm).  Reading the news

stories of people killing their parents,grand parents, ex partners, or other innocent people like that 19 year old teen, is very sad.

Either having fragile egos, or using drugs, or road rage people seem to be some of the problems of why so many people are getting killed.  I know a fellow in Hua Hin that takes care of problem dogs that have hurt children. There is a small road a few kms from the ocean, where you can smell the rotting corpses  and because they mostly were soi dogs, the plod will not investigate their demise. 

Hey the third week of Hot March is about to begin, Spring is on the way in cold Canada, and high tourist season is almost over for another year in

Thailand.  Cheers.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Funny that, because ASEAN NOW’s story had plenty! Methinks Mr Barrow spent a fair bit of time removing any negativity from his page! 

Richard Barrow’s award was a complete joke. He gravetates  himself with being a “friend” to Thailand. A complete waste of space.

Edited by AussieinThaiJim
Spelling

On 3/19/2022 at 4:38 PM, BostonRob2 said:

I could do with a mull. How about Ministry of Marijuana?

Rooster

Misunderstandings are easily made. I nearly misunderstood a headline this week. 'Identifying a Fuzzy Black Box,' ????