Overall negative reaction to Thai Covid-19 center meeting, majority of business owners, tourists want much further and faster easing of restrictions

webfact

2 hours ago, Reigntax said:

I also believe the pre flight testing is a requirement to board some airlines

But some does stop the mask wearing as forced ...as KLM  decided now

• Like 1

I like Bangkok Barry's long explanation just above. My simplification of his #7 is that Thai drivers seem to have no concept of leaving "a margin for error". Just watch them. There is no apparent awareness that driving like they do, if anything goes wrong they and/or someone else is screwed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

But some does stop the mask wearing as forced ...as KLM  decided now

I would have thought an aircraft was a fare contender where mask wearing would be needed and beneficial.....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I would have thought an aircraft was a fare contender where mask wearing would be needed and beneficial.....

One excuse from them is that it provoke cases of agressions from passengers and they like to protect their workers ....

Also Dutch gov. Are going announce after 23 March more easing of restrictions ....it seems only a personel healt declaration would be demanded by arrival at  airport 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

One excuse from them is that it provoke cases of agressions from passengers and they like to protect their workers ....

Well there is not shortage of videos on social media of on-board disputes by Karens and Keiths in the USA..... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dj230 said:

No PCR test to arrive in Thailand now? 

I guess another lockdown is coming 

As already stated, dropping the PCR negative within 72/48 hrs of departure is not the way to go.

In reality fast/full PCR swab tests are now available at many international airports in many countries globally, some providing test results within 1 hour, some 2 hours. 

Why not go for the above, much more meaningfull.

And if needed have a requirement for a PCT test on day 5 but provide 1 or 2 walk-in/drive through free PCR swab test centres in most/all tourist centres in Thailand and well publicized. Can't be that hard, they already have gov't medical institutes/disease control institutes/government hospitals in many loctions, and make it all free. 

Edited by scorecard

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well there is not shortage of videos on social media of on-board disputes by Karens and Keiths in the USA..... 

True but many/most of these videos are very obviously staged. Sad that people need to involve themselves in making these videos and causing others to try to copy these 'events'.

Edited by scorecard

1 minute ago, Dukeleto said:

Actually the most logical thing to do in the current covid climate is eliminate everything except the pre flight test.

Are you trying to tell me being "fully vaccinated" means you can still contract and spread covid?  Did the "vaccine" that was made within 9 months for a 2019 virus prove to not be effective for 2021/2022 variants?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

My buddy got a pre-flight PCR test in US and still got pushed into 10 day hotel on arrival due positive test in Thailand. If one is worried one is still free to undergo a pre-flight test on ones own volition.

Pre flight test, waste of money and burdensome, good riddance to it.

Only a problem because there was post-flight testing, not because of pre-flight testing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adumbration said:

@spidermike007s an intelligent and articulate guy.  But he is off the mark here.  It has nothing to do with puritanism.  The elite are sending as many workaday Thais to the wall as possible with of overall objective of obtaining their land holdings.  

I cannot see where Spidermike007 is off the mark, I believe that as usual, he has got it spot on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

No worse than self appointed generals that took power by a military coup. 

Who are of course no worse than corrupt politicians who spent tax payers' money to get themselves and their family members elected so they can enrich themselves even more. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

Qatar, EK, JAL, these are demanding PCR withing 48-72 hours of departure

You are suffering from a fundamental misunderstanding. None of those airlines require covid testing. There is no testing requirement to transit DOHA or Dubai airport or Japanese airports. They go by testing requirement for country of destination and country of transit.

For example JAL, does not require covid testing. PCR test is required to enter Japan. It is not required to transit Japanese airports.You can fly from Bangkok thru Narita or HND airport to a country that does not require testing to enter such as Mexico, UK or Switzerland , with no test requirements at all.

If I wish to book on JAL to fly BKK-NRT-SFO I must get a covid test latest one calendar day before flight. Not because JAL or Japan requires it, but because the USA requires the test for entry. As soon as the US drops its ludicrous rule (the whole country is lousy with omicron already) no test will be required. Similarly from April 1 travellers from the US will be able to book a flight on JAL to Bangkok, with no requirement for preflight testing. A wise decision that will save time, money and hassles.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Petey11 said:

They got it the wrong way around, should have kept PCR before arrival and get rid of the other tests and Thai Pass.

Spot on as most airlines still require a pre- departure covid test before flying anyway

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Simple solution to keep Thailand happy.

Full reopening, 0 restrictions as if it was 2019 for ALL Asian countries.

Thaipass and other restrictions apply to western countries.

I think they will consider 0 restrictions for just one country - China.

6 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

Most airlines require PCR testing prior to departure, so passengers wont escape pre-travel testing.

So ideally, they should have lifted hotel stay upon arrival, if they were trying to be helpflu.

You clearly have not flown recently as your info is wrong.

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

What a lot of people here do not get is government officials are covering their asses from law suits down the road for not doing enough to protect the citizens of Thailand. That is what many are worried about.

You mean it is possible for the likes of the unelected PM and his Health Minister, the one with the engineering degrees, to get law suits??. Is that why they keep their money in off shore accounts?