Would you pay THB25K to watch Liverpool v United in a friendly?

webfact

8 minutes ago, Molly Malone said:

In your DREAMS you greedy idiots! Just another prime example of "some" Thais who think of us white devils as walking wallets waiting to be fleeced!

Donate the money to Ukraine and I might pay 100 TBH.  

You really think the target market is Falangs ?

do you know just how big this stupid game is here in Thailand ?

• Like 2

As a Westerner in Thailand I would not pay this amount of money to see what will basically be a kickabout and PR exercise to promote their image amongst their huge fan bases in SE Asia.

They will field teams in what will be basically a training exercise, no way are they going to risk injuries in such matches.

There will be, I have no doubt plenty of Thais there who will see it as a ' Once in a lifetime opportunity '  and satisfy the greed of the match sponsors, no doubt backed up with plenty of tacky posters, memorabilia, and overpriced merchandise. 

There will be plenty of takers, I am sure, in the Hi So department who just want to be seen at the match as a reminder to the peasants that they paid 25K for a VIP seat.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shackleton said:

Who are these people that can afford to pay the prices quoted

I was under the impression people could not afford to spend  this sort of money more were concerned with putting food on the table and paying bills

And don't tell me supporters will be flying in to watch the game from the  UK  

It's called getting your priorities right and if you hadn't noticed that is something not common over here.

7 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Perhaps you should have more knowledge of the game and Thai fanaticism for these 2 teams. Thais ALWAYS call matches between Liverpool and Man U the Red War. 

That being said I wouldn't even consider the 5,000 THB price for tickets and neither are the Thais I know who support either team. Ridiculously overpriced.

There will be plenty of Thais prepared to pay it.

No!     I saw a United team play there in 2001 against the Thai National side and still have the T-shirt. Most of the stars of the time played in the game. The current United side are a shadow of that team, and I doubt either side will send many stars for this game since the season will start early this year due to the World Cup being held during the English winter. Don't waste your money and beware of fake tickets.

16 hours ago, bluemoon58 said:

I'd rather staple my scrotum to my forehead than pay any amount to watch those two! Just saying for a friend! 

Likewise

i would not pass water on either side together or separately  if they were on fire

I've been a Liverpool supporter for a very long time.  I even saw Liverpool play at the old National Stadium back in 1983 when they made their SE Asian tour.  However, these ticket prices are just over the top.  I will definitely be giving it a miss.

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

There will be plenty of Thais prepared to pay it.

agreed. Even LFC agree they are overpriced, but they say they have no say in the ticket prices.

BTW I've been an LFC supporter since 1970 and one of the things on my bucket list is to attend a Liverpool game to see them play, but not at these prices.

• Like 1

As a life long LFC supporter and season ticket holder before moving to Thailand my answer is NO it’s not just the cost if the ticket it’s all the expenses just to get there as I live on the islands and let’s face it half of the first team won’t be playing and if they do it’s for the final 15/20 minutes these pre season games are just a money making scam 

• Like 1

Man United have not confirmed this meeting as of yet. All they are saying is that their pre-season tour is still in the planning stage with no hint of this Bangkok clash. Anyway, even as a fan, I would not pay that exorbitant price particularly when some of the big name players may not be included in the travelling squad.

4 hours ago, RedArmy said:
8 hours ago, Expat68 said:

Definitely not, it will be used just like a pre season friendly

But that's exactly what it is, a pre season friendly.

Brilliant, thanks for explaining that to 'Trigger' ????

• Haha 1

So many bods on here who ain't got a Scooby Doo - Obviously 99.9% of us have no intention of paying 25k for a brief (Ticket) but 95% of you bods dont even follow either team - Septic Tanks are irrelevant on this thread so why even reply ??

I have jibbed my way into many a stadium all over europe including many difficult stadiums & this will be a piece of <deleted> - 

United & the Dippers hate each other but make no mistake - We have so so much in common in terms of following our teams all over the world & using all available means to enter any given stadium in the world.

I could tell you some stories but it would be lost on most of you.

I'm going to the match but i haven't decided whether i will just Jib it or buy a 5k brief.

If i do decide to lay out 5k, i can guarantee you that i will end up in the 25k hospitality area - If you know  you know ????

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Another fanny with such amazing input

A question was asked, I answered it.

I freely admit to not following any football team - rugby and cricket yes but not football.

That said I would not spend that sort of money (or anything like it) to watch a match in either sport.

I would also suggest that whilst I have no doubt that you are an expert at circumventing ticket controls to watch your team, you may find the Thai security at this event a fairly tough nut to crack.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1