Would you still want to visit Thailand with these new entry rules?

webfact

23 hours ago, UKPaul67 said:

It is a game changer, for people thinking of going under those new rules. We all know the forced insurance will not cover asymmetric. So IMO people will not decide to go under those new rules.

The risk is much higher, and perhaps the rule change is they don't  make money of pre tests, and can catch more people out.

I have already booked and submitted  my thai pass, but I will take a PCR 72 hours before my flight and if positive then obviously not get on the plane. 

But I think thaipass will continue to flatline until they remove the hotel,insurance and testing for fully vaccinated people.

What's an IMO person?>

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Topah said:

Then go and take PCR test before flight. It is just not mandatory. If these covid restrictions are avoiding you to meet your family...No words.

I would take a PCR 72 hours prior to boarding a flight to Thailand, even though its not required by Thailand,  as to cut the chance of having Covid on Arrival and being transported to hospital,, 

I think you missed my point of view Topah,  I think they have got this the wrong way round, and should have dropped  the PCR on Arrival... 

• Like 1

Makes more sense to have the test before flying to Thailand, with no test required after arrival.

I guess the corruption of Thailand still exists.  I will not be back until conditions are back to the old normal.

With the spikes in cases in China, Hong Kong, and even some places in Thailand, I do not

think this pandemic is over yet. Oh and yes there are still lots of people dying from COVID.

Many people especially young ones are getting long COVID and that is scary.  Maybe not to you posters

who are not longer very young, but I have lots of young family members and seeing a few of them where I live

acting like some old person, as they have not energy or good balance, etc., is sad to see. When Thailand has

new rules that look like the very old rules I may return in one or two years time.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:03 AM, Petey11 said:

Whist the arrival test and 5 day test are in place I would be reluctant to travel to Thailand due to, as you stated, enforced quarantine in a hospitel, They have done it the wrong way around and seems clear the money talks from the potential quarantine. Would not be surprised if there are some influential figures making noises somewhere.

The article mentioned catching it on the plane, it would take a few days to incubate so a test on arrival wont pick it up but a Rat test 5 days later might. Most people I know have now had Omicron and if you have had BA.2 then your not going to catch it again and have natural immunity, I have had BA.2 and over it, I would not worry about travel tests as I was unvaccinated when I caught it and breezed through it, so did my 10 yr old son and other mates who never vaccinated their kids or themselves none of the kids got sick, but my Thai wife and my friends Thai wife were both double Pfizer vaccinated and they spent a week in bed while the rest of us never really knew we had it , I suspected I must have it because the wife was sick so I got a RAT test kit from the government test site and was positive, otherwise I would never have known. I did and many friends did take 5000iu of vitamin D along with K2 and zinc for months before omicron hit, but I think anyone should seek advice about that b4 taking . I put my son on lower dose and he never got sick at all, but back to the Thai wife's ,they would not take it.

Edited by onthedarkside
misinfo comments removed
  • Thanks 1

From what I know the best thing to do if you want to travel to Thailand as a tourist is to wait until July, by then all restrictions will be gone, anyone whether vaccinated or not will be able to enter Land of Smiles and enjoy themselves. It's the so called "endemic phase". 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

From what I know the best thing to do if you want to travel to Thailand as a tourist is to wait until July, by then all restrictions will be gone, anyone whether vaccinated or not will be able to enter Land of Smiles and enjoy themselves. It's the so called "endemic phase". 

They might drop the test on arrival and day 5 but my feeling is the vax requirement will stay a while longer. It may even be vax and booster required.

Just sayin'.

On 3/23/2022 at 5:07 AM, kiwikeith said:

The article mentioned catching it on the plane, it would take a few days to incubate so a test on arrival wont pick it up but a Rat test 5 days later might. Most people I know have now had Omicron and if you have had BA.2 then your not going to catch it again and have natural immunity, I have had BA.2 and over it, I would not worry about travel tests as I was unvaccinated when I caught it and breezed through it, so did my 10 yr old son and other mates who never vaccinated their kids or themselves none of the kids got sick, but my Thai wife and my friends Thai wife were both double Pfizer vaccinated and they spent a week in bed while the rest of us never really knew we had it , I suspected I must have it because the wife was sick so I got a RAT test kit from the government test site and was positive, otherwise I would never have known. I did and many friends did take 5000iu of vitamin D along with K2 and zinc for months before omicron hit, but I think anyone should seek advice about that b4 taking . I put my son on lower dose and he never got sick at all, but back to the Thai wife's ,they would not take it.

How do you know that you had the BA.2 variant, was your test sequenced and you were told of the variant or you just assume you had it.  As far as folks being vaccinated and then having covid, well that's called a breakthrough case and many of those vaccinated can still come down with the Omicron variant as the vaccines were never designed to catch it, ergo that's why a virus mutates to get around vaccines and why we will always have covid like the flu and so on.  

If your trying to say that vaccines have allowed folks to become infected I think your missing the point.  A vaccine was never designed to keep one from getting the virus just to allow the body to adapt to it and block it if able to and then keep those folks from getting seriously ill, hospitalized or dying.

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 2:14 AM, webfact said:

The bottom line is if Omicron is like a heavy case of influenza are the authorities being a bit heavy-handed?

Not true. Omicron is a coronovirus. Influenza is a different virus. Heavy cold would be more appropriate. Thing is if you are vaccinated then chances are one will have mild symptoms or no symptoms at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

To be truthful I am glad we were both vaccinated and I had a booster as I would hate to have seen what a 57 year old diabetic with an autoimmune disorder would have had happen without the vaccine.

Probably exactly the same (or even less?) as without the vaccine.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

But what was the rate in 2014 when the unelected soldier posing as a PM and his Junta stole the country?

A bit more than 44Bt to the GBP, more nearer 50 Bt to the GBP.

For sure and at one point it hit nearly 80 I believe, I know it nearly doubled overnight, because a friend on Phuket bought a car for half what it would have cost him the previous day. However, I was referring to recent, not ancient history.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NokYai611 said:

I remain confused on 1 point please:

Upon my return to my home in Thailand (international trip) - if I test positive with no symptoms - can I quarantine at my home or will I be forced to quarantine elsewhere.  Thanks

I asked the Thai consulate in LA a similar question:

”I am planning a 3 week vacation to Thailand but have 2 questions before I commit: if I test positive for Covid upon arrival in Thailand, is a 10 day hospital (or “hospitel) stay mandatory? If yes, is a hospital/hospitel stay mandatory even if I am asymptomatic?”

Their response:

”Q: What is the procedure in the event your COVID-19 swab test result returns as positive?

A: If testing positive for COVID-19, travellers will be referred for appropriate medical treatment in accordance with Thailand’s Communicable Diseases Act B.E. 2558 (2015).
• Pending on their conditions, they may be medically advised by to receive treatment in either hospital hotel isolation or community isolation.
• During receiving the medical treatment – at least 10 days, they must remain in their accommodation only. They should not leave their accommodation unless utmost necessary, and must notify the Communicable Disease Control officer in-charge.
• After having recovered from COVID-19, they will receive a medical certificate of recovery.

Kindly note that the expenses must be covered by the required insurance / own expense for foreign travellers, or national healthcare coverage for Thais and eligible foreign expatriates.

TAT recommends that travellers make sure to check the small print of any COVID-19 insurance policy before purchasing. Ultimately, the policy should cover the cost of treatment and other medical expenses associated with being infected with COVID-19, including in-patient hospitalisation, hospital isolation, hotel isolation, or related quarantine.

The insurance policy should also cover the whole duration that travellers are planning to stay in Thailand, plus at least 10 extra days as a precautionary measure in the event that the traveller’s second swab test result returns as positive.

https://www.tatnews.org/entry-thailand-frequently-asked-questions/ “

Would you still want to visit Thailand with these new entry rules?

As for me the answer is "NO".

I left Thailand on march 19th 2020.

I hoped I could come back on november 2020 but there were still restrictions.

I lost my yearly permission of stay in april 2021. i t would have been a good idea to just suspend these permissions during covid period. I now have to start again the whole process.

For me either I come on november either I come at spring. I will never come back in summer.

With current restrictions, I will not come back now and will wait till november if

• PCR  or antigen tests are no longer required for vaccinated people
  • I am not obliged to stay in an hotel
  • Insurance is dropped
  • Restrictions are lifted in Thailand, alcool, restaurants, bars, gym, etc.. etc

Otherwise I will not come back an spend in teh meantime my money in France, Greece, Spain !

On 3/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, UKPaul67 said:

It is a game changer, for people thinking of going under those new rules. We all know the forced insurance will not cover asymmetric. So IMO people will not decide to go under those new rules.

The risk is much higher, and perhaps the rule change is they don't  make money of pre tests, and can catch more people out.

I have already booked and submitted  my thai pass, but I will take a PCR 72 hours before my flight and if positive then obviously not get on the plane. 

But I think thaipass will continue to flatline until they remove the hotel,insurance and testing for fully vaccinated people.

asymetric ??

On 3/21/2022 at 11:25 PM, Fat is a type of crazy said:

As an aside, I just spoke to Medibank insurance in Australia and they said they do cover that situation, i.e. cover for the cost of quarantine  if you are not sick, but it is not clear in the Product Disclosure Statement. I think it may not be correct.

It's just like going to jail

On 3/21/2022 at 9:03 PM, Petey11 said:

Whist the arrival test and 5 day test are in place I would be reluctant to travel to Thailand due to, as you stated, enforced quarantine in a hospitel, They have done it the wrong way around and seems clear the money talks from the potential quarantine. Would not be surprised if there are some influential figures making noises somewhere.

I would much prefer a PCR tets before boarding, free in France and at least I would be sure not be go to hotel/jail once in Thailand

On 3/22/2022 at 5:30 AM, impulse said:

I won't be coming back as long as there's a risk of being involuntarily quarantined. 

With 25% of Covid tests being positive in Thailand last month, I can't see how the restrictions will protect anyone.  Tourists are probably safer to be around than the locals.

And if they were going to force tourists to buy Covid insurance, they should have mandated that it cover all treatment required by the gub'ment, including asymptomatic quarantine.  Would have been easy to do as a condition of offering the product in LOS.  Regardless, I'm as concerned with losing a large portion of my precious holiday time as I am with quarantine costs.

They need to go back to the way it was...  Get a wild hair on Wednesday, book a cheap flight and a room and and be on a beach (spending money) by Saturday.

(Edit) Source: https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/Thailand/covid_positive_rate/

25% of population is around Seventeen million people come on now , you been using the Thai calculator, lets work it out more realistic 

3 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

25% of population is around Seventeen million people come on now , you been using the Thai calculator, lets work it out more realistic 

I posted the link.  Argue with the people compiling the stats...

On 3/21/2022 at 3:43 PM, BayArea said:

as mentioned before, unless you have family ties or business in Thailand, why would you travel there under these rules.

To seek potential brides as many people do in Thailand.

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Jimbo53 said:

When ALL restrictions are gone,and pre Covid procedures are back in place,then i will book a flight,not before!

Fine, each person must make up their own minds.  No impact on my thoughts. 

• Confused 2