“We can no longer live a normal life”- Russians in Thailand feel the pressure as global sanctions ratchet up

webfact

2 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I'm thinking out loud here, but perhaps Russians can copy what Americans have been doing for years. Put a Canadian flag on their backpacks.

Well, if they put a Ukrainian flag on their backpacks, they could be facing years in prison

• Like 2

Just a reminder here... This thread is a THAILAND news thread about Russian tourists in Thailand.

There are other threads in the Home Country subforums that pertain to the invasion and broader related matters.

Please confine discussions in this thread to the local Thailand aspects of the issue.

Off-topic, bickering and unsubstantiated claims posts have been removed.

• Thanks 1

On 3/22/2022 at 4:13 PM, Sunderland said:

Tough luck if you are Russian.

Same for people from my country, the UK. If the UK comes unstuck one day, then we can only blame those who voted for idiots like Boris Johnson to lead the country.

Don't you think there's quite a bit of difference between the UK and Russia?

On 3/22/2022 at 9:24 AM, mtls2005 said:

Look, you empowered your leader. Own it.

Vlad made you a "victim", whinge to him.

if you walked  a mile  in the shoes of those living under the Kremlin's tyrant, you might feel less harsh towards those about whom you speak.     I don't think many call the empowering process for Putin becoming  Russia's leader a democratic one.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 2:55 PM, sawadee1947 said:

Well, they voted for Putin, they enjoyed all benefits, they tolerate his cruel wars, they did not demonstrate against it as eg Nawalny.

Now Russians are the outcasts or Pariahs in our world.

Don't complain!????

Read a lot of Russian history,  huh?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Read a lot of Russian history,  huh?

???? The History is, that "Ukraine' exists at least 200 years before "Russia". So there is definetely not any reason to free Ukraine. It's just Putin's History Falsification.????

• Like 2

This isn't even your country. Go back home and complain all you want about the Russians in YOUR country. Sheesh...

As if you have soooo much control over the foreign policy of your birth nation amirite??

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comments removed
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Vlad should send a military transport to pick them up and return them.  After all, he’s one of the wealthiest in Russia, plus he controls the military.

I hope there will be any help from imm offices. For example, 30 days Z-visas would solve many problems.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

All good points, but there's a lot more than 2 sides.  There's the gub'ment on each side who want to stay in power, the people on each side whose lives don't really change between one despotic dictator or the other, and there's outside instigators who just smell dollar signs.

Not justifying Russia's invasion at all, but I'm amazed how Zelenskyy went from an authoritarian kleptocrat to a hero in record time...  I guess he's a kleptocrat, but he's our kleptocrat.

My heart goes out to the Russian people, just as it goes out to Americans suffering huge inflation.  Neither got what they thought they were voting for.

Apparently you have yet to master understanding of nuance and degrees...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/25/2022 at 7:45 PM, sawadee1947 said:

???? The History is, that "Ukraine' exists at least 200 years before "Russia". So there is definetely not any reason to free Ukraine. It's just Putin's History Falsification.????

Hmmm... wondering what you define as "Ukraine" or "Russia" as both regions have human history dating back tens of thousands of years.

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Hmmm... wondering what you define as "Ukraine" or "Russia" as both regions have human history dating back tens of thousands of years.

Ukraine as a state founded in 1917. Then forced to be a member of USSR in 1922.

In Middle Ages is was a Kingdom. 

35 minutes ago, TheScience said:

Ukraine is now a pawn in the chess game between the West and Russia.

The West is banking Putin has overplayed his hand.

The goal now has nothing to do with Ukraine, freedumb or any of your simple bison feces. The goal is to oust Putin. The Ukraine will serve as tinder / fodder. Zelenski will shill for the West and seek refuge later in Israel. The West had long ago sold out Ukraine.

Such simple folk...

You refer to "The West" as if it's one entity.

Such simple folk...

• Like 1