Agent stole me and wife passport! We need help!

Well, you should not feel all that bad, the Los Angeles Thai Consultant lost my passport a few years back…????????. I had to file an FBI report with the US State Department…was a <deleted> show from top to bottom and they had issued me a retirement extension with multiple entry….sorry, no refund…????????????

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Canadian Snowbird said:

Contact your embassy and get your advise from them before you go to the police. 

Bingo.  100% risk free, unlike going first to the popo.  You may end up at the cop shop for a report, and probably will.  But there's no downside in asking for their advice.

Edit:  I'd add that the sooner they start tracking your passports, the less likely they'll be used by others, possibly for nefarious purposes.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1

If you feel your passports have been stolen by the agency.  Or any wrong doing.   Contact your embassy first.  If they are not opened yet, they should have an emergency contact.  They will give you instructions.  If they feel you should contact police they will tell you.  

1 hour ago, Time Traveller said:

Because, the agent could simply state that they never saw you before and you're trying to accuse them of something that didn't happen. In that case, not only are you up against immigration laws, you're now in Defamation territory.  

You could phone the agent again and record the conversation 

7 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

95% of people I know here are here in Thailand via an 'agent'. It's not the 'well-known' agents that are an issue, it's ones you think you can save money on and that nobody has ever heard of that are 'risky'

I prefer to sleep at night rather than having an illegal stamp in my passport.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

POS = point of sale, but you probably meant permission to stay.

Try read the entire thread.

Previously I have stated twice this..

"Lot depends on your permission of stay status." 

Also my reply using POS was to poster that stated..

"permission of stay is irrelevant"..... and I had quoted him. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lite Beer said:

Go to the police and report the theft.

You will need a police report to get another passport.

A bit late now but stay away from agents and do it yourself.

It is pretty simple to do.

Most agents are very competent and reliable.  After doing everything myself for twenty-five years, I switched to using an agent more that five years ago and have been more than happy with the convenient, reasonable and professional service.  Definitely go to the police and file a report - I would suggest using the Tourist Police.  These incompetent crooks pretending to be agents need to be jailed.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RetiredJohn said:

I will go to the police and then the husband talked to me and said they know people and can arrest me if I go to the police because I do not have a passport and it is lying even if is is real. 

Where are you from/what is your native language? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

This is beginning to sound like a hoax, and "Retiredjohn" is actually named Jack - surname might begin with the letter "A".

Jack is a given name which was originally a diminutive of John or Jacob. 

• Like 1

waiting for the book:

How our wonderful retirement started in LOS

all those YouTubers making it all seem just swell, until you get punched in the face.

luckily this is an easy fix.   but not a good start to the "best years of your life"

16 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

but why wouldn't  you report the theft or lost passport  to your Embassy  beig that every passport............ 

What embassies are open weekends?

As for where the OP is, maybe he's busy with the process of reporting his PP lost/stolen. It's Monday morning and not the best of days to be dealing with embassies, immigration etc.

3 hours ago, Canadian Snowbird said:

Contact your embassy and get your advise from them before you go to the police. 

I know exactly what staff at my embassy would tell me...

1. "And what are we supposed to do? It's your fault..."

2. 'Go to the police and report it lost.'

3. 'Apply at Embassy for emergency temporary passport.'

4. 'Sort out visa at Immigration (by yourself).'

5. 'Travel to home country, as the temporary passport is good for only this.'

(Again, this is not my advice for the OP, but what my embassy would say to me in a similar situation.)

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

What embassies are open weekends?

As for where the OP is, maybe he's busy with the process of reporting his PP lost/stolen. It's Monday morning and not the best of days to be dealing with embassies, immigration etc.

The OP is already working on his next Troll post. This topic is so obviously fake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

95% of people I know here are here in Thailand via an 'agent'. It's not the 'well-known' agents that are an issue, it's ones you think you can save money on and that nobody has ever heard of that are 'risky'

I could have used a cheap agent and saved myself some money but having to go to Pattaya from BKK to use an agent who keeps my PP for 2 weeks and then needing to send them my PP every 90 days for reporting to some far-flung province didn't appeal to me.

I paid out extra to an agent recommended to me by 2 guys who were using them. Not once was I out of sight of my agent or PP when opening a bank account and applying for a retirement visa at CW. And I recently did a 90 day report in person at MTT without any hitches.

21 hours ago, RetiredJohn said:

then the husband talked to me and said they know people and can arrest me if I go to the police

Every Thai and their dog will claim they 'know someone'. It makes nobodies feel important. Just go to the police and report the loss/theft.