What's the latest Covid/Omnicorp in Pattaya.

NONG CHOK

I have to return to Pattaya in the next few days. I was wondering what's the Covid/Omnicorp latest in Pattaya and not Chonburi.  Which is the normal way the Thai press report it. By the way I had 2 Pfizer shots at Central, the last mid October last year. Are booster shots still being done and if so where ? Thanks

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I know lots of people who have just had it incl me or currently got it

In oz, the fossils can get a 4th shot from April 4, provided the shot is not less than 4 months after the last shot except in exceptional circumstances where it must be not less than 3 months. I want to go back to Thailand so I'm going to see a quack on Tuesday to try to get approval for an early shot. ATAGI claim that a 4th shot would reduce infection by 2 1/2 times and serious illness by 4 times so it's worth waiting to get it.

• Thanks 1

OP, we are all going to catch it at some stage, most likely more than once.  Perhaps many of us have already had it, without really knowing it.

Depending on where you live in Thailand, maybe it would be better to catch it in Pattaya.  

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

What was their claim for the 3rd shot?

What was their claim for the 2nd shot?

What was their claim for the 1st shot?

What will be their claim for the 5th shot?

????  ????

Claim was don't fall off the merry go round 

Looked all over for Omnicorp but could not find one in Pattaya, found one using Linkedin but it had nothing to do wit Covid.  Maybe Omicron would be the better variant or BA .2, which is the prevalent variant in Thailand and as of yesterday

As of Friday this was the Pattaya/Chonburi cases

Chonburi announces 1,090 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 and one new death.

Highlights:

1,090 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today

6,579 positive ATK (rapid antigen) tests were reported but all require a second confirmed PCR test before being counted as official cases. The ATK positive tests are just “possible” cases until confirmed by PCR. TPN notes, however, that second confirmed tests are no longer mandatory except for high-risk groups.

886 (PCR) and 3,307 (ATK) recovered and were released from medical care

One new death

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/25/chonburi-announces-1090-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-one-new-death/

277351359_346303754204636_4432013535857819065_n.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looked all over for Omnicorp but could not find one in Pattaya, found one using Linkedin but it had nothing to do wit Covid.  Maybe Omicron would be the better variant or BA .2, which is the prevalent variant in Thailand and as of yesterday

As of Friday this was the Pattaya/Chonburi cases

Chonburi announces 1,090 new and confirmed cases of Covid-19 and one new death.

Highlights:

1,090 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Chonburi today

6,579 positive ATK (rapid antigen) tests were reported but all require a second confirmed PCR test before being counted as official cases. The ATK positive tests are just “possible” cases until confirmed by PCR. TPN notes, however, that second confirmed tests are no longer mandatory except for high-risk groups.

886 (PCR) and 3,307 (ATK) recovered and were released from medical care

One new death

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/25/chonburi-announces-1090-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-and-one-new-death/

277351359_346303754204636_4432013535857819065_n.jpg

Pots, kettles eh Ryan.? 

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

What was their claim for the 3rd shot?

What was their claim for the 2nd shot?

What was their claim for the 1st shot?

What will be their claim for the 5th shot?

????  ????

Their claim was the sooner we get this shot the sooner covid goes away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I don't particularly care. If the authorities recommend I should have a shot then I'll get it.

'A shot" no problem.  What about 5 shots, or four a year, every year, at your own expense?  

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Many countries have a high vaccination rate, and double jabbed and triple jabbed people are still dying from covid. 

It's a very small share of people who have been triple vaxed who end up dying from COVID. But it's a vastly smaller share than the deaths of people with just two shots (many more) and the unvaccinated (many many more) in terms of share.

In Thailand, right now, day to day, more than 90% of the daily COVID deaths are occurring in people who have not received their third shot booster dose, meaning those deaths were people who'd had only two, one or no shots.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

Do you think they will cost nothing, forever?

Covid is not going to go down the same path as polio.  It's going to be around forever, most likely with seasonal variants.  

The vaccine's protection starts to wain after 2 months, hence the 3 month booster shot. 

The covid vaccine is not like other vaccines that offer protection for life.

Why do you think one shot turned into double shot, and then into double shot plus booster.  Some countries are on their fourth and fifth shot.  

Just like some vaccines offer 2 or 3 years protection before you need a booster, covid vaccines offer 2 to 3 months protection before you need a booster.  

Will you continue to boost, every 3 months, all your life?

You can take one shot in 2 years and that would be even less onerous, but that doesn't mean you are protected.

As long as you keep them up to date.  That's four a year.  Right? 

I would say you are overdue at only one shot every 8 months.  You have been unprotected for several months.

Once governments all around the world have eased the pressure on their health care systems, it will no longer be free. 

I agree, but we are only half way through the covid book.  There are more chapters left.

Errrr, covid is not going away.

Many countries have a high vaccination rate, and double jabbed and triple jabbed people are still dying from covid. 

Given you can still catch covid even if vaccinated, and you can catch covid more than once, covid isn't going anywhere.  

MRNA vaccines are usually 6 months between boosters, if you get covid it's 3-5 months protection, so twice a year vaccinations is fine, no big deal, if you don't want to do it don't, but no moaning if you get very ill

• Like 1

I got my 3rd Pfizer booster at Royal Garden about a week ago, only took 1 hour from start to finish. Sore arm for a day, and then everything back to normal. 

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

MRNA vaccines are usually 6 months between boosters, if you get covid it's 3-5 months protection, so twice a year vaccinations is fine, no big deal, if you don't want to do it don't, but no moaning if you get very ill

Here's a random link from the first page of a Google search.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-10-07/studies-show-power-of-pfizer-vaccine-starts-to-wane-after-two-months

Quotes:

"Two new studies confirm that the immunity offered by two doses of Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine drops off after about two months"

"The waning appears to accelerate after the fourth month, to reach a low level of approximately 20% in subsequent months," they added."

I know the vaccine offers some protection months after, but the percentage of protection is on a sliding scale. 

I'm vaccinated, and I'll boost, but at what point does one question the worth of booster after booster, especially when in the future, the individual will have to pay for it?    

On 4/2/2022 at 5:24 PM, Leaver said:

I'm vaccinated, and I'll boost, but at what point does one question the worth of booster after booster, especially when in the future, the individual will have to pay for it?    

1. There's been no decision by the Thai government to start charging people, including expats, to pay for COVID vaccines. All the government-provided vaccines thus far have been provided for free.

2. As to your question about why... the article you cited provides the answer:

"although protection against severe disease, hospitalization and death holds strong."

"However, the researchers also found that protection against hospitalization and death remained above 90%."

FWIW, the news report you cited is from October 2021, which was during the Delta variant wave and prior to the current Omicron wave.

On 4/1/2022 at 8:05 PM, Leaver said:

Do you think they will cost nothing, forever?

Covid is not going to go down the same path as polio.  It's going to be around forever, most likely with seasonal variants.  

The vaccine's protection starts to wain after 2 months, hence the 3 month booster shot. 

The covid vaccine is not like other vaccines that offer protection for life.

Why do you think one shot turned into double shot, and then into double shot plus booster.  Some countries are on their fourth and fifth shot.  

Just like some vaccines offer 2 or 3 years protection before you need a booster, covid vaccines offer 2 to 3 months protection before you need a booster.  

Will you continue to boost, every 3 months, all your life?

You can take one shot in 2 years and that would be even less onerous, but that doesn't mean you are protected.

As long as you keep them up to date.  That's four a year.  Right? 

I would say you are overdue at only one shot every 8 months.  You have been unprotected for several months.

Once governments all around the world have eased the pressure on their health care systems, it will no longer be free. 

I agree, but we are only half way through the covid book.  There are more chapters left.

Errrr, covid is not going away.

Given you can still catch covid even if vaccinated, and you can catch covid more than once, covid isn't going anywhere.  

You seem confused.

The vast number of people with serious Covid are under-vaccinated.

You are whining about vaccinations, but you fail to be concerned about the alternative, which could be that death thing.

Its kind of like a soldier in combat whining about his bulletproof vest, the thing is so uncomfortable.

On 4/5/2022 at 5:37 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

1. There's been no decision by the Thai government to start charging people, including expats, to pay for COVID vaccines. All the government-provided vaccines thus far have been provided for free.

Covid is not going to be vaccinated off the planet.  At some stage, free vaccines will finish, in Thailand, and elsewhere.

On 4/5/2022 at 5:37 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

2. As to your question about why... the article you cited provides the answer:

"although protection against severe disease, hospitalization and death holds strong."

"However, the researchers also found that protection against hospitalization and death remained above 90%."

FWIW, the news report you cited is from October 2021, which was during the Delta variant wave and prior to the current Omicron wave.

Double vaxxed people are dying.  Very soon, if not already, triple vaxxed people will be dying.

Same question, at what point, or at what age, does one accept that number 3 booster is the same as number 4 booster, and number 4 booster is the same as number 5 booster etc etc.

To my knowledge, to date, there hasn't been any research into the human body's tolerance to vaccine after vaccine after vaccine...

Edited by onthedarkside
unsourced and unsubstantiated speculation removed

On 4/7/2022 at 3:21 AM, Danderman123 said:

You seem confused.

No confusion here.

The vast number of people with serious Covid are under-vaccinated.

Link?

You are whining about vaccinations, but you fail to be concerned about the alternative, which could be that death thing.

I'm not whining about anything.

I am simply asking, at what point do people start asking is vaccine number 5 really offering me any more protection than vaccine 4. 

The answer is, yes, for 2 months, so to maintain decent protection, that's 6 boosters a year.  Is that feasible?  is that affordable. 

Perhaps it's you that is confused thinking that the world can keep boosting until covid disappears.  Given you can catch covid when vaccinated, multiple times, it's not going to disappear. 

So, how many boosters a year, and for how many years, does this continue?

Its kind of like a soldier in combat whining about his bulletproof vest, the thing is so uncomfortable.

Vaccinated people are dying.   The vaccine is hardly a bulletproof vest for covid.  

Every day in Thailand, the MoPH reports on the vaccine booster status of that day's new COVID deaths.

Almost without exception, 90+% of the daily COVID deaths that are occurring in Thailand are occurring in people who have not received a third shot booster vaccine dose.

The public health authorities here and elsewhere in the world have been very clear since the emergence of the Omicron variant that two shots only won't provide enough protection and that a third dose is required.

And the data from places that do a good job of tracking such things such as the U.S. and the U.K. have been very clear in showing that the rates of COVID serious illness and death are far higher in the unvaccinated vs being far lower in those who have received a third shot vaccine booster.

The end game that researchers and the  biotech companies are working on right now is to develop an ANNUAL COVID vaccine that could function much like annual flu shots....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

No confusion here.

Link?

I'm not whining about anything.

I am simply asking, at what point do people start asking is vaccine number 5 really offering me any more protection than vaccine 4. 

The answer is, yes, for 2 months, so to maintain decent protection, that's 6 boosters a year.  Is that feasible?  is that affordable. 

Perhaps it's you that is confused thinking that the world can keep boosting until covid disappears.  Given you can catch covid when vaccinated, multiple times, it's not going to disappear. 

So, how many boosters a year, and for how many years, does this continue?

Vaccinated people are dying.   The vaccine is hardly a bulletproof vest for covid.  

Again, you are whining about vaccination, when the vast majority of Covid deaths are the undervaccinated. 

Getting a shot vs an agonizing death, seems a no-brainer to me. 

On 4/2/2022 at 12:06 PM, bbko said:

I got my 3rd Pfizer booster at Royal Garden about a week ago, only took 1 hour from start to finish. Sore arm for a day, and then everything back to normal. 

Are they still doing shots at Royal Gdn? And if not any idea where?