Visa Agent Catch

Hi, im not expert with retirement but i used agency for my marriage. Its the same logic though.

1) for me they put the money into my bank account for 1 or 2 days. Then withdraw it. They have the atm card and bank book. Its wise to open a new account and zero money in there when you are giving them to the agency.

2) this is a one in a million situation. If this happens and if this is not agency mistake yes of course they will come after you. But trust me this will never happen if you are not a criminal or likewise situation. Also the money will not stay there that long.

3) for agency time is not important. Just to show money in the bank account is the thing here. Yes, its basically bribe immigration police but again they are trying to do things as legal as they can. 

All you need to do is give the paper work what ever they want. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Hi, im not expert with retirement but i used agency for my marriage. Its the same logic though.

1) for me they put the money into my bank account for 1 or 2 days. Then withdraw it. They have the atm card and bank book. Its wise to open a new account and zero money in there when you are giving them to the agency.

2) this is a one in a million situation. If this happens and if this is not agency mistake yes of course they will come after you. But trust me this will never happen if you are not a criminal or likewise situation. Also the money will not stay there that long.

3) for agency time is not important. Just to show money in the bank account is the thing here. Yes, its basically bribe immigration police but again they are trying to do things as legal as they can. 

All you need to do is give the paper work what ever they want. 

So just a bribe and immigration overlooks how long the money is in the account??

It's for a retirement visa, and would normally need to sit there.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I heard there's no money in the bank used for this method at all.

I heard you pay off your agent, who in turn pays off the IO, and according to how the law is written they have the power to approve you based on money in the bank, OR any other criteria they see fit. Heh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

That is not the case.

You can do a TM30 for change of address to where your living. 

Having said that many use the agent to do the reports.

Optional extra. 

Surely you have to put the address on the TM30 in the province where you are moving from, which you never lived in, then have to do the TM30 every year. The agent must enter a fictional address on the extension form. is it the same one for all the customers? Seems like one lie after another

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hamus Yaigh said:

What happens if the agent goes out of business?

Well, I would be stuck without a visa at renewal and would need to use another agent and pay the hefty initial startup fee a second time. That's what I'm afraid of having to pay the 38k baht over and over if something went wrong.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

What happens if the agent goes out of business?

16 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Well, I would be stuck without a visa at renewal and would need to use another agent and pay the hefty initial startup fee a second time. That's what I'm afraid of having to pay the 38k baht over and over if something went wrong.

On another thread...........

Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 11-53-36 Agent stole me and wife passport! We need help!.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JimTripper said:

So just a bribe and immigration overlooks how long the money is in the account??

It's for a retirement visa, and would normally need to sit there.

Just an agent's fee, you are not bribing anyone,  and, yes, Immigration keeps out of it for 12 months, they don't screw over their agents who are providing part of their income.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, itsari said:

From my experience 15 months market price is from 30 to 32 thousand using agents in  Bangkok .

A 12 month extension up to 15000 . 

Depends what you call nuts i guess

ser, please DM the agent's details if you have the time. I was quoted 20k for extension in Bangkok, oops Krung Thep Maha Nakhon ????

• Haha 1