Will Smith punches Chris Rock at Oscars

Thailand

C'mon now, how many people enjoyed seeing Chris Rock getting a bust in the chops?  I don't know the world Smith came out of, but Rock is from Bedford-Stuyvestant (Brooklyn NY); it may be gentrified now, but before 2000 it was a notoriously rough place (just ask Jay Z), so Rock knows how to take a punch.  In a place like Bed-Stuy when a brudda has a problem with another brudda they don't take it to "the man."  In a case when both are very wealthy it could definitely vary.  The media coverage of this would have been completely different if the two were not the same color.

I'd say this is the start of a new trend: people coming out of the audience and giving it to comedians, particularly the ones famous for insults.  And it will become a regular thing on social media.  Kathy Griffin, Ricky G and Bill Maher should stop live performances until the trend passes.  Joan Rivers* and Don Rickles died just in time.  Set your stopwatches for when Kim K's ex assaults a comedian for commenting on his idiocy, I'd bet he's planning it right now. 

I saw a Rickles performance where Ronald Reagan and Nancy were in the audience and Rickles ribbed the hell out of Ronnie for being old, incoherent, doddering etc and the two laughed all the way through -- all three knew it's just show biz. (it's probably on youtube)

(* if the late Joan Rivers got hit in the face like that she would have needed to be re-molded)

Edited by bendejo

With the rumors regarding "adult" activities (or lack of) in the Smith household, and toxic masculinity being one of the themes of the evening, maybe Smith was trying to give the impression he was a real man

When they got home that night:

Jada:  I'm so proud of you baby, tonight I'll give you anything you want, just ask!

Will: How about Tom Cruise's phone number?

7 hours ago, champers said:

If Jada Pinkett Smith doesn't like jokes about alopecia that's her loss.

so if your wife has a prolapsed uterus , and you would not mind people joking about it publicly 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, bendejo said:

C'mon now, how many people enjoyed seeing Chris Rock getting a bust in the chops?  I don't know the world Smith came out of, but Rock is from Bedford-Stuyvestant (Brooklyn NY); it may be gentrified now, but before 2000 it was a notoriously rough place (just ask Jay Z), so Rock knows how to take a punch.  In a place like Bed-Stuy when a brudda has a problem with another brudda they don't take it to "the man."  In a case when both are very wealthy it could definitely vary.  The media coverage of this would have been completely different if the two were not the same color.

I'd say this is the start of a new trend: people coming out of the audience and giving it to comedians, particularly the ones famous for insults.  And it will become a regular thing on social media.  Kathy Griffin, Ricky G and Bill Maher should stop live performances until the trend passes.  Joan Rivers* and Don Rickles died just in time.  Set your stopwatches for when Kim K's ex assaults a comedian for commenting on his idiocy, I'd bet he's planning it right now. 

I saw a Rickles performance where Ronald Reagan and Nancy were in the audience and Rickles ribbed the hell out of Ronnie for being old, incoherent, doddering etc and the two laughed all the way through -- all three knew it's just show biz. (it's probably on youtube)

(* if the late Joan Rivers got hit in the face like that she would have needed to be re-molded)

she was remodelled often , that is why her cosmetic surgeon was so rich

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, champers said:

My "wife" isn't married to a Hollywood film star.

The question is about joking about any persons medical conditions, immaterial of social status/role in community

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, davidst01 said:

Did that actually happen? Or are you making a joke?

Yes it actually happened. She had an affair with her son's friend August Alsina and then admitted it and basically blamed it on him on a show called "Red Table Talk", watched by millions.

So understandably he has some pent up anger issues having been humiliated and cucked in front of the nation. However, slapping a comedian at The Oscars probably wasn't the smartest way to try to regain his pride and masculinity. If I was him I would have dumped her and got a smokin' hot chick in her 20's instead. One with a full head of hair and a huge rack. But each to their own.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

so if your wife has a prolapsed uterus , and you would not mind people joking about it publicly 

One can be offended without having to assault the other guy.  Nothing manly about it.  One thing I'm 100% certain of:  If Mike Tyson or Shaquille O'Neal had been on the stage and made those comments, NO WAY Will Smith would have done that.  Will Smith was trying to impress his wife beating up on a little guy.  Not cool!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

One can be offended without having to assault the other guy.  Nothing manly about it.  One thing I'm 100% certain of:  If Mike Tyson or Shaquille O'Neal had been on the stage and made those comments, NO WAY Will Smith would have done that.  Will Smith was trying to impress his wife beating up on a little guy.  Not cool!!

I was not supporting the actions of Smith, I was commenting on the tastelessness of making fun of others medical issues. 

Nothing "manly" (whatever that is) about mocking others for matters they have no control over.  In fact I think it shows a distinct lack of empathy and humanity

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I was not supporting the actions of Smith, I was commenting on the tastelessness of making fun of others medical issues. 

Nothing "manly" (whatever that is) about mocking others for matters they have no control over.  In fact I think it shows a distinct lack of empathy and humanity

If Jada is so sensitive about her hair loss, why flaunt it? It's Alopecia for goodness sake not stage 4 cancer. I think both her and her hubby are a couple of snowflakes, and the way the Oscar audience gave him a standing ovation for his bad behaviour was downright disgraceful. I think Ricky Gervais was far more insulting, Chris Rock didn't come close.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Apparently Smith was asked to leave the Oscars after the slap but refused. 

The incident is going to be investigated by the Oscars group.

Rock should sue the pants off Smith and give the money to charity, maybe some to abused comedians charity.????

On 3/28/2022 at 3:02 PM, CharlieH said:

Was it assault, yes ! Was it warranted Yes ! I dont care who you are or what the occasion, you run your mouth and insult someones wife, there will be consequences. Add to that rhe difficult relationship issues they have had recently its no wonder he jumped to her defence so publicly.

I don't buy this at all. Will Smith was laughing hard at the joke just like everyone else till he looked over at his wife and saw the expression on her face. It was like her telepathing him to do something about it, so like a little boy he does and thereby puts everything he has ever worked for at risk. Stupid and childish. Let's face it, the guy is just another emasculated woke Hollywood fruitcake running sh$t scared of his wife....look at some of the weird and wacky stuff he has on Youtube talking with his wife about their relationship. Just idiotic BS.